Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I figured out a long time ago that I would never figure out what I wanted to do with my life.
I guess that's what happens when you want to do EVERYTHING.

I could take up wood-working as a hobby, and never have enough time to read books.
I could take up travelling as a hobby, and never have enough time to fly drones.
I could take up video games, and never have enough time to learn to cook.

At this point I just want to do as many things as I can, at least once.
:)

But the best thing to do is learn to make everything as fun as possible.
And enjoy as many moments in each day as you can.
(Not always as easy as it should be)
:laugh:
In total agreement and disposition.
But there comes a time when you meet someone or run into an old friend from high school
and get asked; "So Hazy, what do you do? What have you done?". When you in all seriousness
reply; "Everything."
They look at you (me) like a puppy with his head cocked sideways
and say, :"Oh, Jack of all trades.. master of none"
How does one explain that YES, I'VE MASTERED ALL MY INTERESTS AND MORE"
without seeming arrogant?

But yea, the song fits me, there are some things that passed me by...
and I didn't notice until my tree dropped many of it's leaves.

Besides, my eyes are very sensitive to light so I always wear these hazy shade clip-ons
when I'm outside vaping ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
How does one explain that YES, I'VE MASTERED ALL MY INTERESTS AND MORE"
I wish I could say that, but I'm not even close.

My wife got this for me for Christmas a few years ago and I haven't touched it yet.
When I retire though, it will eventually get it's day in the sun.

Handy Box of Knots

I'd love to learn to tie knots.
But it's just not high enough on my list yet.

Retirement should give me a lot more time.
I hope.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This guy is definitely enjoying all the attention. But, this is getting ridiculous, honestly. I'm quite sure the government will be investigating him, he is Unabomber like in my eyes, and just horrifically creepy.

I guess we'll know if YouTube shuts down his channel, I wouldn't be supremely surprised if they did, plus bringing him in for a little "questioning" and not about which potential vapers or companies may have trodden on a Deeming Rule.

I shall call him.... "The Vapalitigator" and leave it at that. Cuz his creepy little face reminds me of an alligator in some ways, so it's just a nice combination all round.

Anna

Reactions: FranC

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I wish I could say that, but I'm not even close.

My wife got this for me for Christmas a few years ago and I haven't touched it yet.
When I retire though, it will eventually get it's day in the sun.

Handy Box of Knots

I'd love to learn to tie knots.
But it's just not high enough on my list yet.

Retirement should give me a lot more time.
I hope.
Stay healthy.
I own that knot book but got it as a torrent.. 0 ;) when I needed to make a particular knot
for some beadwork. I don't need to master the other knots but have the tool if need arise.
It's all about priorities. Everything can't happen at once.
I have a box full of n' scale trains and scenery that awaits my attention.
I'll build my coffee table layout and master the art of lifelike scenery creation
after I finish what has my attention now..priorities

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
“A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
I have a saying that I break out now and then...
The older I get, the less seriously I take myself.

Don't look it up because I just made it up.

But I think you could replace "older" with "wiser" if you wanted to.
Because we ALL get wiser with age.

But it takes a lot of wisdom to understand what a fool you are, or have been.
Or will be.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

Or will be.
Unfortunately not everyone gets wiser with age, some just grow more stubbornly stupid.
Fortunately most of us learn even if only a little bit and become wiser.

Your last sentence is expressed well in the tarot.
In it the fool is numbered both as 0 or as 22, the beginning and the end. AlphaOmega.
He is the Wandering Minstrel who sings the story of your life.
In order to learn life's lessons one must accept them as a fool and recognize one's foolishness.

"Only if you become as a little child shall ye enter the Kingdom..."

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA

Or will be.
One I use a lot is "If ignorance is bliss, I should be ecstatic". :lol:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Or will be.

At my age (76) I take great pride in what a fool I have been, and laugh at myself every chance I get.

I will say tho' that I have at least tried most everything that was on my bucket list, but there were some that I was sure lousy at.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    At my age (76) I take great pride in what a fool I have been, and laugh at myself every chance I get.

I will say tho' that I have at least tried most everything that was on my bucket list, but there were some that I was sure lousy at.

The one problem with bucket lists is, every time you check one thing off, invariably another appears on the list and progress down the list is a net 0.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

You know whats funny? I have no bucket list...I think everyone has one but me.

I asked God for one thing and only one thing in absolute earnest, and sought after that one thing. To know one day of happiness before I died, just one day.

That day finally came, and it was weird because I walked around after for a couple months every day thinking this day God was going to take me from this earth. Now something will happen, I will have a heart attack, get struck by lightening, in a car accident.. I spent every second of every day knowing for a fact that this day was my last, because all I asked for was to know one day of pure happiness.

Yet, the happiness continued, and God didnt take my life.... since I have come to the conclusion that I will in fact both live, and have happiness.. I honestly don't know whats next. What do I search for now? Is there anything further to seek? What kind of bucket list would a person like me make, who has every dream come true?

So.. I am in no bucket list mode, because I have no idea what a person could truly want after this.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I really only wanted one thing in life, and that's to see my kiddo happy and safe and at the age of 18. LOL, it's all a bonus after this. I have to say, I've often desired to quit smoking, and now that's a thing, too. My first therapist told me I'd be happier the older I got, and I was like, "That is SUCH BS," but she was apparently correct.

I've already gotten to travel the world, become bilingual, do a bunch a stuff, find a happy career, experience a terrible marriage, experience a great one.... etc. I'm pretty proficient at many things, and I'm not so certain I have a bucket list, other than to continue enjoying myself in whatever fashion seems appropriate. I can play instruments, ride horses (and camels) own pets, play around on my own little acreage, which is incredibly beautiful (for being desert landscape) and all that fine stuff. Also crafty, thanks to going to an art school in HS, and all that nice jazz. Right now I'm making a blanket for one of my favorite people here, and that's going fantastic, and she will love it, and I have more to do than I have time for (if I so desire). I really am happy, and that's an awesome thing. That has been on my bucket list more times than I can even count, so I'm good. :)

I'm seriously sitting here thinking what I might have to "master" or "do" and I'm totally fine. Sure, more travel might be fun, I do want to join a bunch of people at Board Game night at one of the game stores around here, and I might start doing that soon. It has the added gift that I get to make friends with a passel of nerds, and I LOVE that, because I am one. If I have a passel of nerds on my side, my life is usually improved. That, and I like to Win at Games and I am crafty and good at them. A lot of my family won't play with me anymore, LOL.... My mom especially hates my brilliance at skip-bo as it's math related and she thinks she should win, but the secret is in the discard piles.... I think my creator has pretty much allowed me to beat her Every.Time.I. Remember, which has been fantastic.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I love all of you, but since it was mentioned that the thread was getting too far off topic to determine what was actually happening with deeming, I will take this time to end my off topic comments from it and take all future of my fun posts to the lounge area.

I will attempt at this time, to bring a nice deeming post into this thread, I hope @ScottP doesn't mind my quotation of his post below. I just think it was informative.

First we do have quite some time before we really have to worry about what will happen. In fact the compliance with the rules has been extended until Aug. 8, 2022. That also provides us with a LOT of time to try and change their minds.

It does seem if they are already starting to change their minds to a degree and see vaping as safer than smoking.

Second this change in the FDA viewpoint came primarily with the appointment of Dr. Scott Gottlieb by Trump as Commissioner of the FDA. The previous FDA administration was closed minded and refused to even admit that vaping was less harmful than smoking. What this should tell you is elections matter and we need to make sure that elected officials at all levels are at least open-minded in regards to vaping and not ANTZ themselves. If we get too many ANTZ in positions of power we cannot win.

Above quotes from this article: FDA Deeming Regulations On E-Cigarettes Postponed: What That Means | American Council on Science and Health

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I like that idea. We should be able to trade those things. I'll give you three Likes for a Creative, haven't got one of those yet.

:thumb:

I'm really beginning to dislike that red x.

I AM going to win this thing.

:lol: there ya go! feel better now? :)

:lol:

Inside the mind of a Kat. I read that line as But the best thing to do is learn to make fun of everything as possible.

:blink:

Prezactly why I luv ya. :thumbs:

You too (cutie-pie)! ;):lol:

I will take this time to end my off topic comments from it and take all future of my fun posts to the lounge area.

Forgive me. Carry on. :)

Gahh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2013
    Bay Shore LI NY
    It's just a shame that the majority of so called leaders that stand for a free, safe country/world can be such [Mod Edit]. They know we are all on to their deceiving practices for raising revenue. Yet they continue at the rate of idiots claiming they are looking out for our well being and to protect us...
    The way I see things,,,
    If the grass is tall, it hides the silver dollars that are on the ground within it.
    The government and all it's agency's use scare tactics, lies and confusion. ( This is the tall grass.)
    While all the politicians at local, state and federal levels reap all the silver dollars that are hidden from the eyes of working men and woman that make up what is good in this world.

I always calm my thoughts by remembering that the creator is truly in control and allows certain people into position to bring about His great plan.
    Thou sad things happen when demons take control of some individuals, and this brings about a darkness. Its ever so more important to find the light!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread