Dehydration concern when vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
Hi, I'm new to DIY eliquid and still learning. I heard that there is a way to make the dehydration feeling in vaping to be reversed or some what eliminate the dehydration feeling while vaping. I watched "sensory solutions" in youtube. And keep on searching how the eliminate it. Can someone share some information on this matter?

Sent from my O+ Crunch using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    The only thing I know that stops the dehydration feeling for me is to drink water or a Gatorade/Powerade. I'm not being snarky or sarcastic. I hate, loathe, and despise water and rarely ever drink it. But occasionally I don't imbibe much fluids and get that dry thirsty feeling (dehydration) and drink one or two bottles of water and I'm hunky dory. That's about all I can tell you to do. ;)

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    The only thing I know that stops the dehydration feeling for me is to drink water or a Gatorade/Powerade. I'm not being snarky or sarcastic. I hate, loathe, and despise water and rarely ever drink it. But occasionally I don't imbibe much fluids and get that dry thirsty feeling (dehydration) and drink one or two bottles of water and I'm hunky dory. That's about all I can tell you to do. ;)
    Hey CeltChick!
    Fancy running into you... :)
    The best remedy for dehydration is coconut water. It's very high in potassium
    has been used as a replacement for plasma
    and works well.

Are you familiar with the story behind the creation of Gatorade?
    I met the old coot who invented it, he had breakfast at out crib in Gainesville
    several times, he worked with one of my roomies

Regards,
    Hazy :cool:

Reactions: celticluvr

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    Thanks for your input thou what I am really looking for is like a reverse formula (not sure if this is the correct term). What I have watched is that when you vape their products instead of being dehydrated, what you will feel is that you will be hydrated instead. As per the video they re-engineered their ejuice. To remove the dehydration and hydrate it instead.

Reactions: celticluvr

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Thanks for your input thou what I am really looking for is like a reverse formula (not sure if this is the correct term). What I have watched is that when you vape their products instead of being dehydrated, what you will feel is that you will be hydrated instead. As per the video they re-engineered their ejuice. To remove the dehydration and hydrate it instead.

please check the link below.

Ah okay, I get it now! That looks interesting and intriguing. I don't DIY so I wouldn't be of help to you but it is fascinating that there may be a way to reverse the dehydration feeling you get with vaping with out not using PG entirely.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Hey CeltChick!
    Fancy running into you... :)
    The best remedy for dehydration is coconut water. It's very high in potassium
    has been used as a replacement for plasma
    and works well.

Are you familiar with the story behind the creation of Gatorade?
    I met the old coot who invented it, he had breakfast at out crib in Gainesville
    several times, he worked with one of my roomies

Regards,
    Hazy :cool:
    Mmmm Coconut water... to me that stuff is a treat because it is so expensive.
    I don't know the story of the creation of Gatorade. It'd be cool to hear it! :)

Edited to say Howdy Hazy!!!! *Grumbles* I don't know where I left my manners... Better go and find them. :lol:

Reactions: HazyShades

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA

A hydrating vape? Color me highly skeptical. Don't let me stop you from spending your money, cuz that's not what we do here, but. . . .

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I add a saline solution to all of my DIY e-liquids and it does seem to keep mine from drying me out like it did before I started adding the saline. I add 9% distilled water and 4% saline solution to my no nic VG base. This thins the VG down to the perfect vaping consistency for me. Most of my mixes are 60pg/40vg so the saline is minimal in my final mix.

Neilcleanse-WoundWash-image_2.png

This is the saline solution I use. Since it is in a spray can I just transfer it into a sterilized boston round bottle.

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    If you feel dehydrated it's because you are. The only way to fix that is to drink liquid preferably water.
    Hi Don29palms, i think we are not on the same page, please check the video a posted it is in the 2:30 mark. This is not about the dehydration I feel when vaping. My point if anyone as a knowledge or know how to reverse the process like what the video is explaining. [emoji4]

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    I add a saline solution to all of my DIY e-liquids and it does seem to keep mine from drying me out like it did before I started adding the saline. I add 9% distilled water and 4% saline solution to my no nic VG base. This thins the VG down to the perfect vaping consistency for me. Most of my mixes are 60pg/40vg so the saline is minimal in my final mix.

Neilcleanse-WoundWash-image_2.png

This is the saline solution I use. Since it is in a spray can I just transfer it into a sterilized boston round bottle.
    This is very interesting! Based on adding saline solution, does it affect the taste? How's the vapor? I would definitely try this one. Gratitude!

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    This is very interesting! Based on adding saline solution, does it affect the taste? How's the vapor? I would definitely try this one. Gratitude!

I don't taste the saline at all since there is such a small amount of it in the total mix. It may affect the amount of vapor if one was wanting to join a cloud contest but I get all I need from my devices.

Reactions: JohnLee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread