Dehydration concern when vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I add a saline solution to all of my DIY e-liquids and it does seem to keep mine from drying me out like it did before I started adding the saline. I add 9% distilled water and 4% saline solution to my no nic VG base. This thins the VG down to the perfect vaping consistency for me. Most of my mixes are 60pg/40vg so the saline is minimal in my final mix.
    M- I used to get my SS pretty cheap for contact lenses. Have you tried that yet? Seems much cheaper...
    Walgreens Saline Solution | Walgreens

Neilcleanse-WoundWash-image_2.png

This is the saline solution I use. Since it is in a spray can I just transfer it into a sterilized boston round bottle.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing this information. To verify you mix the saline solution to the VG based first before mixing it to your PG?

Sent from my O+ Crunch using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. I mix up about a quart of no nic VG at a time. When I make my e-juice I add the flavorings (pg based), then the pg if needed. Cap and shake the bottle I am mixing in and then top the bottle off with my vg, distilled water, saline base. VG is so thick. By adding the DW and saline to it it makes it a lot easier to work with.

You may want to read this when you have a few extra minutes to spare

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    M- I used to get my SS pretty cheap for contact lenses. Have you tried that yet? Seems much cheaper...
    Walgreens Saline Solution | Walgreens
    I've not checked the contact lenses cleaner out. I use this one because it contains nothing extra and in the long run it really isn't that expensive. I have been using this one for a couple of years and just had to buy my second bottle of it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Pretty much. I mix up about a quart of no nic VG at a time. When I make my e-juice I add the flavorings (pg based), then the pg if needed. Cap and shake the bottle I am mixing in and then top the bottle off with my vg, distilled water, saline base. VG is so thick. By adding the DW and saline to it it makes it a lot easier to work with.

You may want to read this when you have a few extra minutes to spare
    Are you at zero nicotine?

:)

Reactions: mattiem

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    Ok I watched a BS sales video. What's the point?
    Don29palms, if you think it is BS sales. I would respect your opinion, however the way you are replying to the thread I started, your statements doesn't have any support as to why it is not possible. ECF is forum where we can exchange information share ideas and source of knowledge. If you are in a bad day please refrain from posting something that is not helpful. That will reflect to what kind of personality you have. [emoji6]

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    I don't taste the saline at all since there is such a small amount of it in the total mix. It may affect the amount of vapor if one was wanting to join a cloud contest but I get all I need from my devices.
    Thanks for this information, I'm not after a cloud contest. [emoji3] I'll try this formulation and have this tested with my friends. Cheers! You're the best!

Reactions: mattiem

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Don29palms, if you think it is BS sales. I would respect your opinion, however the way you are replying to the thread I started, your statements doesn't have any support as to why it is not possible. ECF is forum where we can exchange information share ideas and source of knowledge. If you are in a bad day please refrain from posting something that is not helpful. That will reflect to what kind of personality you have. [emoji6]

I was looking on the internet and found a huge mansion in Beverly Hill that had a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari in the garage that came with it. It also had three 21yo girls that are there to serve your every whim. A blonde, a brunette and a redhead. There are other servants that take care of the place. All the food you can eat and all the utilities are free of charge. All this for $500. It's on the internet so it must be true.

Reactions: BackDoc

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Basic physiology rules out ejuice that can hydrate you. It's not possible. There are chemicals that when introduced to the human body are diuretics. That means they dehydrate you. Vg and nicotine are 2 of those chemicals. The only way to counteract that is to increase fluid intake to hydrate. By all means if you want to spend your money on eliquid that say it can give you impossible effects go ahead. If that's the case I can sell you some eliquid that will make you run faster and grow taller that tastes like heaven for only $100 for 240ml.

Reactions: BackDoc

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
    Basic physiology rules out ejuice that can hydrate you. It's not possible. There are chemicals that when introduced to the human body are diuretics. That means they dehydrate you. Vg and nicotine are 2 of those chemicals. The only way to counteract that is to increase fluid intake to hydrate. By all means if you want to spend your money on eliquid that say it can give you impossible effects go ahead. If that's the case I can sell you some eliquid that will make you run faster and grow taller that tastes like heaven for only $100 for 240ml.
    Thank you, very informative. [emoji3]

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Mmmm Coconut water... to me that stuff is a treat because it is so expensive.
    I don't know the story of the creation of Gatorade. It'd be cool to hear it! :)

Edited to say Howdy Hazy!!!! *Grumbles* I don't know where I left my manners... Better go and find them. :lol:

Yea Howdy...
    Otay, the coach of the UF football team was sitting around with Dr James Robert Cade (September 26, 1927 – November 27, 2007) former head of kidney research at UF, drinking beer.
    The coach asked Dr Cade if there was something that could be done to replenish and revive
    his football players after games and practice 'cause especially after practice in the Florida sun/heat
    they'd all get famished and all beat to heck.

The next morn the good Doctor came out to the locker room with a bunch of test tubes and took urine and sweat samples of the players, then repeated the same after practice.
    He then took both batches back to the lab and ran them through a gas chromatograph
    to determine what was missing in the 2nd batch that was in the first.

He then mixed up a batch of the missing electrolytes and other good stuff
    minus the urine and other toxins, added some flavoring and VOILA!
    Gatorade was born.
    He sold the formula to Stokely Van Camps (Gatorade is now owned by PepsiCo)
    which used to pay him $5000.00 a month in royalties.
    Dr Cade was a good down home guy who drove an old heap and dressed from Sears and K-Mart,
    he invested his monthly five grand back into his research. When I met him he was working
    on curing schizophrenia through detoxifying the body with kidney dialysis.
    One of my roomies, Linda was the first person to be cured of schizophrenia.
    Unfortunately his study couldn't be repeated with similar results by other researchers so the concept was dropped.

Bottom line, now you know what you're hydrating with...LOL

Regards,
    Hazy

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    I don't drink much water, but I sure drink a lot of tea, iced and hot.
    What kind of tea & how much, @Sugar_and_Spice ?
    Look here: Tea and other caffeinated beverages purportedly lead to dehydration because they can have a diuretic effect. Some studies show that caffeinated drinks such as tea are just as hydrating as water when consumed in moderate amounts. Caffeine may dehydrate you if you consume 500 mg or more per day.

Regawds,
    Hazy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread