Not open for further replies.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Select the conversations you wish to delete and then choose "Leave Conversation". This will delete the conversation from your inbox

When you leave a conversation, you have two options: to accept new messages or not to accept new messages. The second option will end the conversation altogether, the first option will still remove it from your inbox, but if someone else in the conversation adds a message then it will re-appear in your inbox at that time

Reactions: sonicdsl

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Select the conversations you wish to delete and then choose "Leave Conversation". This will delete the conversation from your inbox

When you leave a conversation, you have two options: to accept new messages or not to accept new messages. The second option will end the conversation altogether, the first option will still remove it from your inbox, but if someone else in the conversation adds a message then it will re-appear in your inbox at that time
I did that with a few "conversations" that had popped up somehow from some old PMs that were long since deleted.

But there was one that I could not "leave" for some reason.
I suspect it was because it was a "conversation" with a moderator?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been able to delete conversation by leaving them, but it leaves me hanging at a blank page with no navigation tools. I end up having to either back out or go through history to get back to my inbox or to the forum.
Yeah, that blank page thing is what's happening when I try to leave this particular conversation.
But it didn't happen with the other conversations that I leaved.

When I go back to my conversations, it's still there.
I've tried to leave it about 5 times now.
:laugh:

Reactions: CES

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
I've been able to delete conversation by leaving them, but it leaves me hanging at a blank page with no navigation tools. I end up having to either back out or go through history to get back to my inbox or to the forum.
Yeah, this happened to me, too. Except, my messages have not been deleted. I'll try again, later.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There doesn't seem to be a way to remove messages or conversations in bulk. I'm way over my limit and want to delete all but cannot seem to get it to work. I'm on a Macbook pro and Safari so don't know if that's the issue or not.
There is a known issue where certain conversations can't not be "deleted" right now.
And it seems that if you have one of those conversations in there when deleting in bulk, it doesn't work.

At least that's the way I understand it right now.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.
:)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
There doesn't seem to be a way to remove messages or conversations in bulk. I'm way over my limit and want to delete all but cannot seem to get it to work. I'm on a Macbook pro and Safari so don't know if that's the issue or not.
Not the issue, no. The actual issue is being investigated though, as it appears to be an issue with pre-migration PM's. It is being researched though. :)

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I have had the same issue. I was able to delete a lot of messages but not all. And through tapatalk someone keeps sending me messages which are my old messages. But when I look for them through desktop directly to ECF they do not show up at all. Kinda weird...thought someone was playing a prank but maybe it is a glitch with the new interface... I don't know...

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
I have had the same issue. I was able to delete a lot of messages but not all. And through tapatalk someone keeps sending me messages which are my old messages. But when I look for them through desktop directly to ECF they do not show up at all. Kinda weird...thought someone was playing a prank but maybe it is a glitch with the new interface... I don't know...

Administrators are looking into it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread