Status
Not open for further replies.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
I know nobody would "really" want to go this route... but if all else fails, you can drill completely through the threaded hole and out the back of the mod, then get a longer screw and a nut of the same size.. boom, good to go!

You could even go as far as somehow counter sinking the nut on the back of the mod to make it all flush looking.

Reactions: jifjifjif

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
You can put a small punch over the hole give a couple taps with a hammer. Don't over do it. It will shrink the hole a bit.

+1

:2c: Worst case you can also use a pointed punch on the inside of the Reo next to the hole and stake the hole. The stake(s) can be renewed with a light touch if needed, maybe even forever if you have to add new ones around the hole. It's aluminum, so as said go easy as it doesn't take much to displace the aluminum.

Avoidance... I use a far smaller screwdriver than even Rob uses. I use one of those little blue handled junk ones that comes with a lot of vape gear. Just a thumb and index finger is all you can get on them to snug without any chance of ever stripping the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread