Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
This isn't a booster mod. The amperage you would recieve out of two standard Li-ion batteries in series is adequate enough not to require IMR batteries. I only use IMR's in booster circuits where the amperage that is needed from one cell exceeds what a single Li-ion battery could do on its own.

...good explanation!

Lonnie Lepp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Texas, USA, Earth
Mamu,
Thank you for posting these diagrams
I was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use one voltage display for battery.
Your diagram was easy to understand.

I was wondering how to put an amp meter display on a mod.
Do you or anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Lonnie

One of my brother's b-day is Friday. Last weekend he asked me for a mod for his b-day. I asked him if he wanted a Sprite, Merlin, Denali, or Zack. He says a Denali, but in a Merlin package. I told him that ain't happening. :D I get the feeling sometimes that my family thinks I just whip these mods out of my back pocket. :facepalm:

He was a bit put out by that and was moping about so I thought maybe I would see what I could do for him. I looked through the box of cases and enclosures I have trying to get an idea of what it would take to make a smaller version of the Denali and yet with all the features of the Denali.

And... Dena was born... Denali's lil' sis. She isn't as pretty as Denali, but she packs as big a punch as her big brother does. :toast:

Features:
- High efficiency 6A, 30W switching converter (OKR-T/6-W12-C)
- Input/output capacitors
- Stainless steel atty switch with clicky feel
- Master switch - on/off
- Display vaping volts - on/off
- Display total volts - on/off
- Extended atty connector
- Finger adjustable thumbwheel
- Juice well
- 3.6 - 6 volt vaping range
- Uses 2, 14500 batts

And for this mod I decided to take the time to do a step-by-step how to for those who want to build one like it...

For those who want to jump right in without reading the how to, here's Dena's wiring... very very similar to Denali... but uses slide switches instead of toggle switches and 14500 batts instead of 18650 batts...
dena5.jpg

Here's the wiring for Denali... as you can see the wiring is very similar to Dena...
denali10.jpg

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mamu,
Thank you for posting these diagrams
I was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use one voltage display for battery.
Your diagram was easy to understand.

I was wondering how to put an amp meter display on a mod.
Do you or anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Lonnie

YW Lonnie.

As far as I know there are no amp meters available for us modders in a mod friendly size, except for Breaktru's work with the microcontroller and OLED screen.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Why if I set up my mod in 6V, when i vap the volt meter drops to 3.4 v, can you helpe please?

Possible reasons for this (check your mod in the order listed):
1 - inappropriate or end-of-life batts
2 - batt contacts have a film buildup and need to be cleaned
3 - loose solder connection/cold solder joint/loose wiring at one or more connections
4 - the converter hasn't been wired properly
5 - the converter is toast (if using the OKR converter this would be extremely rare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread