• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Deployment/Durable set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruwan

Sep 4, 2013
California
Hey all this thread is going to be dedicated finding that perfect set up for deployments and active jobs.
I currently don't have a deployment set up but my plan is to use a black K-100 with a Igo-w clone, this seems like the most durable set up I can think of.
Anyone have any info on good durable set up's?
my only experience is with a king mod and a I-go W, I’ve taken it to a few gun ranges had it drop on concrete, fall out of a (parked) care and it still goes strong with only a few scratches.
Please share stories and experiences as well as ideas.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did 8 months (HARD TIME ON USS PELELIU) with a Provari mini (8 batteries), 4 RSSTs also a few Vivi Nova tanks and heads with a Vamo as back ups. Tons of wire and wick for rebuilds and 2 chargers. Just remember to have a back-up for your back-up for your back-up:vapor:

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
A mechanical is the way to go, avoid glass tanks stick with something durable. Dripper is perfect bring enough cotton and kanthal to get you through. Get a few DIY juices and your set. I would bring a good four batteries and hope that you can restock some things at an APO address. Go cheap because you may be able to get some things while you away, no sense in spending a lot to find out you can get whatever you want from a care package.

av8tor

Mar 21, 2010
Back in the States
Durable is a relative term!! Depends on where you deploy. I am currently in the Stan and using a Vapor King Storm with two spare batts, and an e-go c Twist for my variable voltage needs. The unit i am inbedded with all use Totally wicked Tornadoes. We have one contractor that uses a VAMO 2. The big thing is something immune to dust, easy to charge, and durable. The other thing is to bring something you will not be heartbroken if it breaks/gets destroyed. That said, you can order just about anything out here through the mail. Almost all companies will mail to an APO address and allot of those see the "Magic Letters" in your address, "FOB", and will include personal messages and "Gifts". Vapor 4 Life is one such company and are great to the Deployed personnel IMHO. Hope this helps.

Ruwan

Sep 4, 2013
California
has anyone heard about the E-LVT mod? the description alleges that the mod is water resistant and drop proof. when I heard about it I called wet vapes to ask if it was sub ohm capabile, sadly it is not. however if a sub ohm verson ever comes out I will be picking one up (after beta testers of course). the whole thing seems too good to be true so any reviews are greatly appreciated.
also does anyone have any reviews on the nautlis mini steel replacement tanks? that may become my go to deployment tank. thank for the info all and stay safe.

link to the E-LVT
E LVT - SweetSpotVapor

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
+1 for the REO. A REO Grand can be thrown in your dishwasher... how's that for waterproof? Body is solid aluminum, feels substantial in your hand. All new REO Grands are sub-ohm capable with a gold plated beryllium copper fused spring (if you have a short, the spring will collapse as a safety feature!).

Last time I deployed to Kandahar, I was a smoker, but I've been using a REO for quite a few months now, and I'd say topped with a RM2 (great for flavor, small chamber size and ceramic deck, makes building easier, less chance of shorting on the base), spare wire/cotton/batteries, you'd be set. 6ml's of on board juice capacity, fully mechanical, user repairable (repair kits available to buy), probably bulletproof (at least if you absolutely had to, the aluminum casing could drive nails in, or you could throw it and knock someone out with it), great customer service from Rob (redeyedancer), great support in REOville (there's a few of us AD folks in there, me and Xobeloot at minimum). If you see a color of REO that you want, but it isn't available on the website, just PM Rob and he might have one that just hasn't been listed yet (hammertones are supposed to be the hardest/most durable finishes available). Also, he sometimes has blemished mods that he sells for a little cheaper, but not always available. I think he does custom paint sometimes also, possibly for an upcharge (not really sure on that, best to ask him directly).

If I got the chance to go back, I'd take 2 LP REO Grands, 8 Sony VTC5's (some left as spares for swapping out later, not all in rotation at the start), 1 quality 4 bay charger, 3 LP RM2 atties (one is extra just incase you actually manage to break one) (or 3 BF modified atties of your choice), 2 REO Grand repair kits (cheap insurance!), some juice to get me by until I got a care package in, 1 spool of resistance wire, 1 box of Koh Gen Do Japanese cotton pads, a small cartometer (for ohming out builds, if no DMM is available on site), and small zip lock bags. Get a Vaultz case like this: Large Locking E-Cigarette Case - Black - Vaultz - VZ00493 if you didn't want a Pelican case, to store everything. Probably forgetting a few things.

Hope that helps some!

a10b724d3ae3e2655fdd8fd4da5fe7ab.jpg

733ddb8321a14d6a607ab723d2f693f5.jpg

Last edited:

6mgRSST

Oct 7, 2014
Apex , NC
For deployments/field problems I use a copper knight mod with EFest 35a 18650 batteries, with a kanger propane 3, with 1.8 ohm dual coils. Cheap replacement coils suck, go with name brand, they work for 2-3 weeks each. If you are interested in rebuilding, aga T-3/D are good options that do not have to be rebuilt or filled every 5-6 pulls. It's much easier for a genesis style because it last for a while during patrols. Gotvapes.com has a holster that works up to a 26650 size mod.

11B, the legs of the Army.

dchemist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Benton, Arkansas
Hey all this thread is going to be dedicated finding that perfect set up for deployments and active jobs.
I currently don't have a deployment set up but my plan is to use a black K-100 with a Igo-w clone, this seems like the most durable set up I can think of.
Anyone have any info on good durable set up's?
my only experience is with a king mod and a I-go W, I’ve taken it to a few gun ranges had it drop on concrete, fall out of a (parked) care and it still goes strong with only a few scratches.
Please share stories and experiences as well as ideas.
While not active I'm a DoD civilian that spends more than 50% of the year TDY (OCONUS as I type this). I have a hard sided briefcase that I travel with. In it I keep a k100, Nemesis, Magma, Plume Veil, KFL+, Nautilus, wire, Rayon, BVCs, 4 VTC 4/5s, DMM, charger, tools, and 120-240 mLs juice. It hasn't failed me yet!

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
As a former military man myself, honorably discharged from the Army, I know a thing or two about durability necessitating your gear choices, as I'm sure the rest of you do as well.
I wholeheartedly believe that the ProVari is what every soldier is looking for in regards to an Ecig.

My supporting evidence comes from personal experience. Yesterday I was out sluicing for diamonds in the rough. The sluice was filled with mud, grit, dirt and water. My satin black ProVari mini 2.5 fell out of my shirt pocket and into the trough.

When I pulled it out, it looked like one of those AK47 torture test videos. It was coated in mud and grit and filth. The threads were gritty, and I just wasn't sure it would work.

I pulled the battery out and drained the little bit of water that had gotten in, cleaned up everything, dried it off, and fired the mod.

It fired perfectly, I even accidentally bounced this thing off the concrete a few times yesterday. This mod has a misaligned board from a previous dropping incident, and sometimes the button gets stuck. But other than a few scuff marks, this thing still works perfectly. I don't think any other mod would live through my clumsy tortures the way a ProVari has, and I truly believe any soldier who vapes should own at least one.

You've heard these things are built like tanks, well it really is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread