• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Deployment/Durable set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Haven't tried a REO yet I guess... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but I'm getting one soon, I keep piling up the shopping cart but losing internet connection and various other things that have prevented me from buying. In talks with Rob though to get an LP Brass RM2 for a REO I'll be posting pics of in Reoville when I get it :D.
Never built my own coils or anything, I'll be like a new bairn babe in the coiling world.

Yeah, while the Provari is a great mod, once the electronics go, you're pretty much sunk and up the creek without a paddle. Mechs are pretty foolproof and aren't beyond the realm of "in field" fixes if something goes wrong.

You make a good point, but I have yet to find anything that will kill the electronics in a ProVari except maybe a bullet. Keep a backup mod of your choosing, just in case, but nine out of ten times you won't need that backup. I'll be getting a REO soon enough, and the ProVari may become my backup, but I'd still carry one into the field in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

MarvelMyxer

Jan 8, 2015
Franklin, IN
In all reality, i would recommend going with cheap over durable. Something you can buy two or three of and restock throughout the deployment if needed. You can have the most durable stuff out there and the damn sand can ruin it. That sand will get in anything and everything. I don't really have make and model recommendations, but that's my opinion on the matter.

JonasDK

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Denmark
I say "go simple".
An rba with plenty of wick and wire. And a mech mod that you are able to take fully apart, to clean it out. Both things should be devices that you can get spares for.
On my last tour I brought my flip, my cube and my kayfun, with a couple of spare tanks. I really just brought my cube mod as a backup. But it ended up becoming my everyday vape, because I was able to take everything apart to get all the dirt and dust out.
So remember: simple is good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread