Status
Not open for further replies.

tmel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey guys,

I have a Derringer from Chowderhead and the center post came out from my own doing while I was holding my Reo and moving something, too much pressure was applied and it got bent out.

The center pin seems fine, all peek/insulation is there and nothing looks damaged, it just won't go in/stay in.

Any idea how I should press fit it back in with stuff around the house?

Thanks!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Crap shows installing new 2 peice post.. single post right?

Find something thst you can lay the atty on top of upside down so there no pressure on any of the 2 posts. set the center post in the hole with the cutouts center whwre ya want them and tap it in with something flat and strong thst won't hurt the surface. Wood would work fine. Tap her in with hammer Lightly Till she's all the way in.

:) easiest way would be to put the top on the base and turn it over on a peice of wood so the top won't get hurt. Pound the center post in.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You can send it in to him to be knurled as Ray pointed out, but be forewarned, it will not stay in place. I sent mine back to Tom and he fixed it by knurling it. One build and a dry burn later and now my center pin looks like the leaning tower of Pisa, not to mention all it does is spin!!! I have lost all hope for it and now it just sits on the shelf. I am not convinced that him making his own center posts for the Derringer was the best idea!! Live and learn....

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
If one got rhe newest batch of derringers v1.3 those have the new ss 2 piece center post thst won't spin or come out. Though making a drain hole at the bottom of the deck is another prob I had fun with.
My understanding is the new Derringer ha e peek insulators but not 2 piece and they do still spin. However catfish says he fixed the problem by knurling the center post or something. But if one orders a new derringer it will still spin unless modified by oneself or purchased from tom

Eta the post won't spin if you don't torque it down, period.

Last edited:

tmel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Denver, CO
Just to clarify...my center post has never spun.

I was carrying some furniture down stairs with my Reo in hand, it was under what I was carrying and I put too much pressure on a diagonal and the post got bent and popped right out.

Haven't bothered to try and press it back in yet really, but I imagine if I jam it in there good enough, it shouldn't start spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread