Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Good day, REOville.

I have a question regarding this atty. I typically run a parallel coil of 28ga wrapped around a Qtip and wick it with 3mm ReadyXwick all inside an RM2.

With the RM8/Derringer, it seems that ReadyXwick doesn't like to bend down and touch the deck of the atty. I know that cotton will soak up juice from the deck, but I'm not sure that RXW will work well in there. My RXW is always straight inside my RM2. With this atty, in order to get the coil up where the air holes are, it seems you would HAVE to have a wick that is pliable and you can bend down to pick up juice from the deck. I don't see a way to squonk long enough to fill up the atty and saturate a straight piece of RXW.

Please let me know if I'm nuts to think this way. Also, if you have a build photo of RXW inside this atty, that might help.

I'll be in a meeting until 11:30, so just know that I can't respond until then.

Thank you all.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
jif, I'm no RXw expert, I kinda gave up on the stuff, but, when I tried it, in a big RDA (Zenith, Rogue, Magma), what I did was angle my coils some, and the wick laid on its side on the deck, so that there was a slight bend in the wick, and the opposite end was cut close to the coil. I got decent flavor and vapor this way.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
I just slant my coils. The RXW slurps the juice up very efficiently.

fwRAlle.jpg

npKL8xb.jpg

rkXruGx.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I have found in all my atty's I have to tilt the coil to one side of the deck to get my RxW to touch the deck. I use the Derringer, Nuppin', Dark Horse Mini, Vertex Jr., Samurai Bonsai, and the Mephisto. It also helps to make sure your coil is offset to one side or the other to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread