descriptions of various devices

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Moedog, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moedog

Moedog Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm not a newbe, in fact I've been an avid vaper for three years, but I just can't get my brain around what constitutes the various devices. I know what a mechanical is (I have two) and I know what a vv and vw is (I'm getting one as soon as I get the cash), but what is an ego and what is a evod? My go to device right now, A Majestic from Madvapes, is the best I've used yet, but I have no idea what kind of device it is. Can someone help?

2. kimran73

kimran73 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

eGo is a name brand basically, I'm pretty sure that is what Evod is too. 2 of my 3 batteries are eGo's. One is just a single voltage and the other is a variable. I like the eGo and I hear others say they like the Evod so either is probably a good choice.

3. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome to ECF and congrats on 3 yrs :thumbs:
    eGo is a class/ style of PV and fire anywhere from 3.3- 4.8 volts Several makes:
    Set voltage (3.3 or 3.7 volts)
    JoyeTech
    SLB/ Kgo/ Riva
    Kanger
    Then there's the slightly larger eGo class VV (fires from 3.3- 4.8 volts)
    Twist
    Spinner
    Winder
    Also Innokin has a VV/ VW that's more powerful than the above but slightly smaller.

It's a bottom coil clearomizer. Many times it's included in a kit with the Kanger battery and called "Kanger Evod Kit".

It has the Winder VV batts (see above) and an Aro clearomizer.

4. JayEatsAirplane

JayEatsAirplane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ego is simply a battery type. Looks like that's what comes with the Majestic kit at MadVapes. Anything of that style and using the outside threading is considered ego style.
    Evod is a specific clearomizer made by Kanger. The same Majestic kit I looked at comes with an ARO from SmokTech, which is actually pretty similar to the Evod, but I believe the tank is made from pyrex instead of plastic.

Not sure if that fully answers your question, but I hope it helps!

5. Arnie H

Arnie H Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

eGos are a battery type. Generally it is a battery or battery compartment (to be more precise) in which the lithium battery is not replaceable or at least not user friendly to replace. There are regular, VV (and possiblly VW), and passthough eGo battery types. Passthrough eGo batteries let you charge and vape at the same time.

6. Moedog

Moedog Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Jay, I had pretty much concluded my Majestic was an ego. Again, can't get over the great vapor it produces, but I'm going for a Zmax or a Provari next, can't decide. Then, of course, there is the question of which tank, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.