Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
None... Actually, my quarterly lab tests are better. BP is better. Life is much better from smoking. All positive changes

Exactly....:thumb:.....what FF said....much better, A1C dropped two points in eight months.

vape something which tastes really delicious, rather than eating it.

Then eat just nutritiousness food.

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Exactly....:thumb:.....what FF said....much better, A1C dropped two points in eight months.

Vape something which tastes really delicious, rather than eating it.

Then eat just nutritiousness food.

Yup, all good, everything is better with me but i have to say i still would MUCH PREFER to eat the stuff than vape if i had a choice , God i miss chowing down on my favorite sweets lol.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Why? There are plenty of alternatives, especially since there are drink concentrates. I used to like Arizona Ice Tea, well, I just use the concentrate. Liquid refreshment, as a whole, has got much less sugary. Really where I have trouble is needing to eat on the run and thinking that bag of peanut M&Ms is okay.

Just how I see it it from my lonely mountainside in Arizona...

Last edited:
Reactions: herb

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Why? There are plenty of alternatives, especially since there are drink concentrates. I used to like Arizona Ice Tea, well, I just use the concentrate. Liquid refreshment, as a whole, has got much less sugary.

Just how I see it it from my lonely mountain in Arizona...

Probably more like extra energy drinks with the new vapers...
Most Americans just don't know how bad drinking soda can be...

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I did forget to say that very early on, I worked through lunch and went to eat at about 2:30 and passed out at the wheel from low blood sugar. I am watchful now.

Dick Van Patten just died today. Leonard Nimoy died just a couple of months ago, both diabetics, both in their 80s. Good to be watchful though. My car was a total loss, but I was going less than 20mph.

Just have to be watchful. And eat ma' spinach and pass on the carbs.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
In some people, something happens with your insulin when you quit smoking. Because the cigarettes kept your metabolism artificially high, your body stopped producing as much insulin. So when you quit, your insulin production can be lower. It doesn't happen to everyone but they attribute that to one of the favored in post quitting weight gain.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Why? There are plenty of alternatives, especially since there are drink concentrates. I used to like Arizona Ice Tea, well, I just use the concentrate. Liquid refreshment, as a whole, has got much less sugary. Really where I have trouble is needing to eat on the run and thinking that bag of peanut M&Ms is okay.

Just how I see it it from my lonely mountainside in Arizona...

Yeah, i find that you really need to plan when your out and about , you could start feeling ill really quick and you need to have the right food and drinks .

I bought a Nutribullet thingamajig , life saver for me .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Probably more like extra energy drinks with the new vapers...
Most Americans just don't know how bad drinking soda can be...

Thats exactly right, Soda , whether diet or regular will destroy your health . My Aunt can't stop drinking diet soda and her health went downhill , she can't even walk anymore , her kidneys give her major problems , major intestinal issues and excessive weight gain , she's bed ridden .

She was perfectly fine before she started drinking soda every day , she has to have a few big glasses , everyone has told her to stop including physicians .

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread