Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thanks, I looked it up, and did a bunch of reading, but nothing from an actual diabetic, lol. I have a diabetic friend I'd like to recommend these to, but don't want to mess with his blood sugar--he does that enough himself.
I am hypoglycemic, which if you don't know, basically means that every time you eat sugar, your body overreacts and makes too much insulin to correct it. So you end up with low blood sugar. Anyway, since vaping, my blood sugar has been crashing ALOT more than normal. Could be cuz I'm a fiend and ingesting 100 times more nicotine than normal, or the sweetness of the liquids (both pg and vg), or maybe I'm just vaping instead of eating, lol. Just wondering if anyone else with blood sugar issues noticed this? It's not a big deal for me, I just have to eat some protein and it balances me out, but for a diabetic, they might have to take a shot every time they vape too much or something.
On a good note, they do seem to calm my sweet cravings. Now I find myself craving meat like crazy....lol
Got beef??????:p

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I went to the National libary of Medicine and found articles that said smoking analogs increased blood glucouse.

I found one that showed that smokeless tobacco did not raise glucouse leveles in rats.

I found 1 that showd that nicotine patches did not change glucouse leveles in human.

I found one that showed that stress was a big factor.

I get under a great deal of stress I have Diabetes, it takes a lot of stress but it drives my doctors crazy.

I may be silly but if you smoke analogs and get nicotine and you vape and get nicotine which is best for you? I am not saying safest. Just which is the better choice.

Last edited:
My blood sugars have increased from 75-120 to 180-230 since I started 1 1/2 yrs ago.
I did not know why until this week.
The last few months I have not been vaping as much (did not exactly quit but the output and amount I vaped with drastically decreased) and my atomizers were not putting out.
I recently purchased new LR atomizers and new liquid this past weekend and started vaping on Monday a.m.
My sugars immediately increased but I do not know if it is the PG/VG mixture or the nicotine.
I dont suspect its just the nicotine as I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs of cigs each day and had better bg control. I have also dipped on rare occasions, and noticed no increase in bg levels the last 1.5 yrs.
I am using 12mg with a 60/40 mix PG/ VG
My fastings have increased as well./ I check my bg 3-4 times daily and this increase is not because I just recently quit smoking as I stopped 1.5 yrs ago.
I 1st noticed the increase 1.5 yrs ago but was puzzled- now feel there is a definite connection. The common denominators are the liquid and increased usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread