1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Dial a Volt LED flashing pattern?

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by Davo, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Davo

Davo Super Member ECF Veteran

I have an older Dial a Volt battery that, after charging, will occasionally start blinking a 5 - 2 pattern for a LONG time. It seems to still work OK but I wonder if it is approaching end of life. Any ideas / comments?

2. BHam

BHam Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Davo, thanks for reaching out to us!

The DAV has protection built in to stop it from shorting out and that's what you're seeing. The 5 flashes means the short circuit protection has been tripped and the 2 flashes mean the DAV is trying to reset itself. I've seen this happen when charging a DAV with juice on the threads. Has it stopped flashing since posting this?

3. Davo

Davo Super Member ECF Veteran

Oh wow, I bet that's is it because it needs cleaning bad. It stops blinking after a while when this occurs. I'll clean it (and the others) and see if that doesn't clear things up...

Thanks,

4. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You also might want to try a different carto Davo sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.