Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I have read on this forum that vapor dissapates almost immediately. I have seenit linger in the air through the sunlight or at the light bulbs in the house. How long does it take for this to disappear. How far does it travel.

Short answer, Martha -- it depends. LOL

Sometimes I'll take a hit on the PV while shaving, after a shower while the steam is still in there. The vapor lasts a long time 'cause the air is heavy. In the summer, when the air conditioning is on the vapor fades pretty quickly (no/little humidity). When the vapor is illuminated via lights or sunlight it appears to hang around a lot longer than a second or two -- but I think it's only because the light is accenting the moisture in the vapor and reflecting it.

Sometimes I vape while the wife is smoking an analog and I watch as her smoke hangs around for a long long time. My vapor, not so much. But, it is amazing how much more vapor we exhale as opposed to smoke from an analog. I think we forget how little smoke comes off an inhaled analog. We remember it as a lot but it never really was. There is WAY more vapor exhaled than smoke. In fact, if I exhaled the wimpy smoke from a cigarette nowadays (after going w/o for nearly 9 months) I'd be reaching for a new or cleaned atty because something would be terribly wrong. LOL

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I've found this to be quite normal in my house. Especially visible when the sun is shining directly into the house, I've seen it linger for several minutes or more. I compare it to the fog that occurs when the ground is covered in snow, it's cloudy and the night air is warmer than the snow. I also notice that when I step outside and it's below freezing outside then my vapor disappears very rapidly.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread