• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did everybody relapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
That's encouraging that you found it so important. Am an atheist without a sponsor, but have a strong and complex spiritual life. It's a bit of a mix of humanism and plain wonder at the existence of the universe, with a few other bits thrown in. I guess my higher power is other people as I would have fallen through the cracks in a severe way in January had it not been for the intervention of total strangers. Their sense of care for a fellow person in the community is a key part in my survival to relate the tale.

How are you doing today? What was your background in relation to step two, and have you enjoyed seeing that evolve over time?

Xx

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
Hello again, I'm Feuille, an addict clean for just over six months. Hello to those who have droped by since.

How are you all doing? Struggling a bit with euphoric recall atm.

Wishing you a happy and serene evening.

Xxx

Well welcome to SOBRIETY, lol It's something that will show it's ugly head all your sober life. The KEY is DON"T ACT on it.
"We will not regret the past NOR wish to shut the door on it". Think it thru. The last time you used, WHAT HAPPENED????
Did it change anything or make it better more than a temporary Fix? I doubt it.

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
That's the thing, it made everything a bit weird, but that's what I miss. Being psychotic, being delusional, being physically wrecked... THAT'S what I miss. I don't recall feeling high at all - just the consequences, and it is the consequences I miss.

In addition looking at the consequences as against sobriety doesn't really work as I wasn't using for long enough for the consequences of using to render me more dysfunctional than I was prior to using or after I stopped, so whilst I know that it is progressive, and that it would be worse on round two, comparing is a dangerous road to go down.

I think from the way you reply that you interpret my statements as complaints, so I wish to make it clear that they are not complaints, they are just statements. It would be very odd if there were no euphoric recall, and very few addicts would survive if they all acted on that recall.

Hello Tybin, pleased to meet you.

Xx

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
Hello guys. Feuille, I'm glad to see you check in.

I think for me, I am grateful that I don't fight with thinking of the good times. The cravings to drink were lifter pretty quick. That said, when I do think about any good times, I consciously make myself think exactly how bad I would physically feel the next day when I had to endure a hang over. I stay with that for a few min, and It sure does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread