Did I kill my new dripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylar

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Connecticut, USA
I visited a local vape shop this weekend and picked up a 510 dripping atty. The vendor suggested blowing out the PG before first use, which I did and followed that with some grain alcohol and blew that out too. Dripped 3-4 drops of new juice, gave it a minute to soak in, and tried a hit. Yuck. Tastes burnt. Added more drops. Still tastes burnt.

I've cleaned it with both water and alcohol 3 times now and let it dry out, and gave it 5 minutes after dripping into it but all I get is a burnt taste.

What did I do wrong, and can this atomizer be salvaged?

Dunno the brand (didn't ask), but the logo is a P S with a circle around it. 3 ohm dual coil, looks like a nice piece.

Thanks.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Hmmmm. If an atty is sold with PG in it typically those Atties need to stay wet. Blowing out was fine then vape through the off taste. Usually you can vape through the bad stuff. Stick with it and let it break in. I actually don't why they recommend never let that kind of atty dry out. Maybe someone else can say. Also sounds like volts are too high. You can't ruin Atties like you can cartos because they don't have filler. The wick is silica and that doesn't burn. Vape through it slow but sure. Don't inhale of course. Lower voltage. Maybe it's really reading 2.6. That can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread