Did I make a bad purchase? (Snow wolf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I recently purchased a snow wolf 200w v1.5. I just received it in the mail today and haven't opened it yet. I was looking around online and an add came up for a smok x cube 2. It is a TC mod with a titanium option, a usb port for firmware updates, and it's cheaper than my snow wolf I purchased. I feel like the extra 40w that the snow wolf has isn't worth not having ability to update my mod. I want to ask and see if anyone has either of these mods, or both. And tell me whether I should try and return my snow wolf. And get the smok x cube 2. Thanks in advance for any help.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/temperature-control.892/

Take a look here. From what I've seen, the smok is finicky and the app is fairly buggy, plus it's just weird. You have to pay to unlock certain things on the device, for example. The snow wolf is a solid mod that I think you'll be satisfied with. If you really regret it, pick up a smok and see for yourself.... I wouldn't though lol.

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
I can't really say much about the SnowWolf, vs the X Cube 2. I just got my X cube 2 in, and it's great in my opinion, not sure of the longevity or durability, feels solid. However you will have to pay for the option to run titanium in the app (3 bucks not really that infuriating after only paying 50 bucks for the device) The Bluetooth is a pretty nice feature, syncing with the app Smok has. In fact it's required when setting up the coefficient. Plus the ability to set how it initially fires the coil is pretty nice. There's also a firmware update that will allow stainless steel temp control. All in all with the hour I've spent with it so far, it's great. Is the Snow Wolf a bad choice? well looking at it ( I don't have one) no, I don't think it's a bad choice, looks pretty awesome.
One thing I did notice, seems like the snow wolf can handle a lower resistance.

Reactions: greasegizzard

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I have a Snow Wolf 200 and Xcube 2. Xcube 2 was finicky, unreliable, general pain in the azz. Long story short, I cut it apart and built a DNA 200 into it. The Snow Wolf is still going strong.

Xcube 2 Mad Scientist style:

image.jpg

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
One thing I did notice, seems like the snow wolf can handle a lower resistance.
That's one thing I liked about the snow wolf before buying it. I want to use titanium for the TC and I know it doesn't have a titanium setting I was told to just lower the temp 100degrees. Since titanium has a really low resistance I thought it was a good choice.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I love my Snow Wolf. I like the fact that when I throw a dual coil 28 gauge nickel build in one of my RDA's and it comes out to .07, I can fire it. A lot of mods only go to .1, and I haven't been able to fit a .1 dual coil in my derringer. Temp control works great, and it hits like a beast in VW mode. I've run my Velocity at 200 watts with a .36 dual 22 gauge build and it was impressive.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I've found that a lot of the bells and whistles on ecigs are really useless features that you'll never use. The ONLY thing I would want on the SnowWolf that it doesn't already have is official support for Titanium coils, but as it is the mod works just fine with Titanium, you just have to set the temps lower than with nickel.

Other than that I really appreciate the ease of use the SnowWolf provides. I don't have to worry about constant updates, I don't have to fiddle with menus for 5 minutes every time I change the atomizer, I don't have to wait to make sure everything is room temperature before I use it, I just put on an atty and use it. It's every bit as simple and easy as a non-TC mod and that's what I like about it.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
You absolutely, unequivocally did NOT make a bad purchase.

The Velocity on a Snow Wolf is my main vape while I'm at home (couple of Subox kits for travel - similar tastes).

It's a great unit and, IMO, is the best looking mod out there. The only mistake you made was not opening that bad boy the moment you got it!
I've been using my Subtank mini for a month or so. I tried using my velocity on it but it's nothing like what I've gotten out of it on this snow wolf. Night and day in my opinion.

We seem to have "similar taste" in the mod and addy aspect too lol.

Reactions: Stratsworth

Younghorsejr

Jul 21, 2015
I just purchased the x cube 2 myself and I'm waiting for it in the mail. But man the snow wolf looks amazing. I've heard nothing but great reviews on it. I probably would've went with the snow wolf myself but I found a rediculous deal for like $50 for the x cube 2. Plus I really wanted the tfv4 tank too and found I couldn't have one without the other lol. I wouldn't be disappointed with that purchase at all though. In fact I'm slightly jealous lol

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the input. I ended up opeNing up the package and throwing my velocity on it. It hits great. I'm more of a flavor chaser but my god the clouds are ridiculous. :thumbs:

Glad you like it ^_^ I was looking at the Snow Wolf, and the only thing that stopped me was cost, and well color me a dork, heh I like the Bluetooth with the app, the fire bar, and the multi LED. So far I like the X cube so far, tho I do have to admit the operation of the OS from the powerplant itself was a bit annoying, but once you get the hang of it, not too bad. As I already had the sigelei 150w for a raw powerplant, the X cube was mostly a curiosity that so far (knock on wood) I like, for 50 bucks *shrug*.

Reactions: Pete91

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
Glad you like it ^_^ I was looking at the Snow Wolf, and the only thing that stopped me was cost, and well color me a dork, heh I like the Bluetooth with the app, the fire bar, and the multi LED. So far I like the X cube so far, tho I do have to admit the operation of the OS from the powerplant itself was a bit annoying, but once you get the hang of it, not too bad. As I already had the sigelei 150w for a raw powerplant, the X cube was mostly a curiosity that so far (knock on wood) I like, for 50 bucks *shrug*.

I bought mine for a little over 80 or I wouldn't have bought it. I thought it was a good deal compared to the 100+ I've seen elsewhere. But yea, I thought the app and everything else was pretty sweet on the smok x cube 2.

Reactions: SomeTexan

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
If you think they look good, look into wraps for them...

I paid $98 for my V1 from Wake and Vape not too long after they came out. Came with a Vape sock and free shipping.

I've been wanting to snag a cherrywood wrap for the sigelei :) I'm getting kinda tired of the silicone cover. There's something about the look of cherrywood that appeals to me.

Reactions: SomeTexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread