Did I make a bad purchase? (Snow wolf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
Keep in mind that the Snow Wolf isn't really 200w. Anything above 150w is just pulsing and I wouldn't call it accurate.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
This is true, but IMO I don't need anything that powerful on a regular. It's cool to mess around with and make a huge cloud every now and then. But I like the vape anywhere from 60w to 90w. Haven't quite figured out the best wattage for the juice I'm using. But all in all, I'm happy with my snow wolf. Its really nice looking and works great.

Reactions: Dan011z

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
Thanks. It's 99% hand made. The only prefab parts were the barrel and the hammer assembly. Everything else is hand cut, hand shaped, hand carved, and hand engraved.

It's my .50 caliber pride and joy.

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Burl is also a beautiful wood. If it's good enough for Rolls Royce it's surely good enough for any ecig mod. You really can't go wrong with either as long as you get the sanding and finish right.

Beautiful, has it seen any range time if so, I can only imagine the looks of envy. It must be a blast to fire, not so much to load...

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
That's good that you like it. Just don't drop it. I don't think you can get the glass replaced.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Yea unfortunately I did drop it yesterday [emoji22]. Luckily I only cracked the battery side but I found that is replaceable. I'll probably just get a skin or a silicone cover to cover it up. As well as protect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've found that a lot of the bells and whistles on ecigs are really useless features that you'll never use. The ONLY thing I would want on the SnowWolf that it doesn't already have is official support for Titanium coils, but as it is the mod works just fine with Titanium, you just have to set the temps lower than with nickel.

Other than that I really appreciate the ease of use the SnowWolf provides. I don't have to worry about constant updates, I don't have to fiddle with menus for 5 minutes every time I change the atomizer, I don't have to wait to make sure everything is room temperature before I use it, I just put on an atty and use it. It's every bit as simple and easy as a non-TC mod and that's what I like about it.

Another thing you don't have to worry about is an update or the wrong setting turning your mod into a paperweight.

Ios wants to update my iPhone all the time but I updated my iPod touch and the update turned my iPod into a paperweight until I found an old version of Ios and went backwards.

Now I don't update till I have to!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Glad you like it ^_^ I was looking at the Snow Wolf, and the only thing that stopped me was cost, and well color me a dork, heh I like the Bluetooth with the app, the fire bar, and the multi LED. So far I like the X cube so far, tho I do have to admit the operation of the OS from the powerplant itself was a bit annoying, but once you get the hang of it, not too bad. As I already had the sigelei 150w for a raw powerplant, the X cube was mostly a curiosity that so far (knock on wood) I like, for 50 bucks *shrug*.

Well Arctic with a mod that lights up like a Christmas tree you will never stealth vape in a dark movie theatre.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks. It's 99% hand made. The only prefab parts were the barrel and the hammer assembly. Everything else is hand cut, hand shaped, hand carved, and hand engraved.

It's my .50 caliber pride and joy.

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Burl is also a beautiful wood. If it's good enough for Rolls Royce it's surely good enough for any ecig mod. You really can't go wrong with either as long as you get the sanding and finish right.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I just like the extra features the smok x cube 2 has and I felt like I made a bad choice. From what you guys are saying and after I tried it out. I'm happy with my decision.

We all have different opinions on devices as far as what we prefer, or think is cool. Everyone told me the SMOK Xpro M80+ was a bad purchase... Still using it to this day. Never bothered with the (utterly broken) temp control, but for a kanthal-only device, it works great with my Nautilus Mini, and even my Mutation X RDAs if I want a small 50+ watt setup.

You seem happy with your purchase, and that is AWESOME!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Never liked my snow wolf, picked up an rx200 and love it. True 200w mod with the triple 18650s, Ti Ni and SS temp control, and upgradable firmware. Same price as the wolf with more bang for the buck and 10x the battery life in my opinion, but what I like may not be what you like.
I have both and the RX200 is a much better mod than the Snow Wolf IMO. More ergonomic, lighter, smaller, more features, more accurate TC, upgradeable and much better battery life. Also, the RX200 isn't the same price as a Snow Wolf, it is much less these days.

I personally wouldn't buy another Snow Wolf 200. They look cool but are impractible to take out IME.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
I have both and the RX200 is a much better mod than the Snow Wolf IMO. More ergonomic, lighter, smaller, more features, more accurate TC, upgradeable and much better battery life. Also, the RX200 isn't the same price as a Snow Wolf, it is much less these days. I personally wouldn't buy another Snow Wolf 200. They look cool but are impractible to take out IME.

I'm sure it is much cheaper now, I picked up my rx for 70ish and the snow wolf was about 80 when I got it. I honestly regret buying the snow wolf but I know many people that absolutely love the thing, but it's just not right for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread