Did my carto get flooded? If so should I put a new one in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginopr82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Pompano Beach, FL, USA
I put a new. Auto yesterday. I punched two big holes into it. It was hitting and wicking great, maybe to great! Bubbling almost after every hit. Today I was chain bailing before an hour long meeting and then threw my provari mini in my pocket. When I get up from the meeting I adjust my provari in my pocket and feel juice. I pull it out and unscrew the tank and the top of my provari was filled with juice on top. Did not seem to be leaking from the caps. I guess my carto got flooded, right? Do I need to replace it?

Ginopr82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Pompano Beach, FL, USA
if it was bubbling, it was flooding from the beginning. also if juice is low in the tank, cartomizers tend to flood. a good carto doesn't need big holes to wick properly.

So if I understand correctly, your saying if it was bubbling from the beginning it was flooded?

Ginopr82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Pompano Beach, FL, USA
So in other words if I understand the science behind this correct. If I have the big holes in my carto now in a tank with a side filler screw the carto I will have less chance of flooding in a sealed tank such as a phiniac tank because there is more back pressure verse the tank with the side filler screw that might not keep as much pressure?

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
you have to know that liquid thickness plays an important role too. usually a very good sealed tank with thick liquid will not wick properly. smoktech prepunched cartos for example have a tiny hole but they do work because smoktech tanks are somewhat loose ( and the carto filler material is not that tight rolled ), they work very well even with thick liquids. you need air to enter the tank but just the right amount and not continuously otherwise the carto will leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread