Line V2- Negatives
  • Small tank capacity
  • Awkward to fill/empty

DID- Positives
  • Very attractive device
  • Easy to fill/empty
  • Larger tank capacity

DID- Negatives
  • VERY open draw (may not be a negative for you)
  • Challenging setup
  • Can't see juice level

I should provide a little narrative here.

I am a journeyman (if not apprentice) when it comes to wrapping coils. I had the coil wrapped and setup on the Line in five minutes, tops! It was easy and resistance was right on the nose right away. The DID took me about eight tries. I am sure I used a foot of Kanthal, and I still think the resistance is low. I use a 5/4 wrap on my Zenesis, and that's what I used on both of these devices. (Or at least tried to.) I could not make a 5/4 fit on the DID. I ended up using a 4/3. It was the only way I could make it work. Since I am using both on VV APV's (Provaris), it shouldn't be a problem. Watts are watts, right?

The DID has an open draw. My wife is a very new vaper, so I gave her both devices and asked her to try both. I should say that they were both filled with BWB Malty Toffee and set for ~8 watts. She didn't know they had the same flavor. She thought she was sampling some of my DIY flavors. She tried the DID first. Her comment? "I can't hardly taste it... It's very light." She liked the V2.

The Line has the early lead. I'll try each for a couple of tanks @ 8 watts and report back.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I don't find the draw on the DID a problem. It is quite light, but I find has some resistance. I've read a rumour they'd changed the air hole size since the earliest ones, but not sure on that.

Something I would say about the DID is it's built like a tank. No way the connector is going to break off it without a serious impact. It is quite heavy as a result of the build quality though. I know others like the Bulli and maybe the Line can break around the connector if subject to too much force in that area.

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
I don't find the draw on the DID a problem. It is quite light, but I find has some resistance. I've read a rumour they'd changed the air hole size since the earliest ones, but not sure on that.

Something I would say about the DID is it's built like a tank. No way the connector is going to break off it without a serious impact. It is quite heavy as a result of the build quality though. I know others like the Bulli and maybe the Line can break around the connector if subject to too much force in that area.

It's true. DID is rock solid!

I hear people complain of the "airy" draw on the Zenesis. I find the DID to be significantly more of an open draw than the Zenesis. Bear in mind, I had trouble with the coil and there certainly could be some user error involved.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
It's true. DID is rock solid!

I hear people complain of the "airy" draw on the Zenesis. I find the DID to be significantly more of an open draw than the Zenesis. Bear in mind, I had trouble with the coil and there certainly could be some user error involved.

Yeah I think there's a lot of room for the individual setup to make a big difference with the DID. The diameter of the wick for example. Getting a good setup is going to take a bit of practice. I'm not totally happy with how mine is yet. Good draw and flavour but I'm having to run it at 5 volts to get it to perform how I like (using 4 coils of 32 Gage Kanthal A1 getting a resistance of 3 ohms).

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
Yeah I think there's a lot of room for the individual setup to make a big difference with the DID. The diameter of the wick for example. Getting a good setup is going to take a bit of practice. I'm not totally happy with how mine is yet. Good draw and flavour but I'm having to run it at 5 volts to get it to perform how I like (using 4 coils of 32 Gage Kanthal A1 getting a resistance of 3 ohms).

I'm using Kanthal 32 A-1, also, and can't get it above 1.4 ohms. 4/3 coil, too!

flatout

Apr 29, 2012
US

If you can space the coils out further you can get a little more resistance out of it, also a wider wick would do the same.

I space my coils as far as they will go, I even made 2 modifications to my Line V2 to help this. First I cut the insulation almost to the base on the short post (to wrap as low as possible, which helps wicking too by pulling the wick to one side instead of crooked in the hole) and I also re-bent the post with a sideways "U" at the top of the tall post and at the bottom of the short post (this was to solve an issue a lot of us have... slideing of the wire up and down). I have a pic of the bent post if anyone is interested.

I have an Aviss on the way which won't have the sliding issue (screws) and it looks to have a nice range for how tall from negative to positive.

Cheers

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il

Fatten up your wick. If you watch Jim's setup vid he uses the Allen wrench to size his wick. I also use two wick method and oxidize well, barely able to jam into hole, however, With 3 wrap of 32a, I get 2.7 ohm, and heavy tasty clouds of vape and TH, with lava tube set a at 4.2 volts.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread