Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I just ordered one last night...Can't wait! I love the fact that they are readily available on a real website :) I may be mistaken, but I don't believe there are any other Genesis-style atomizers that don't require forums, waitlists, etc :D Plus, all the reviews I've seen have been pretty positive and the DID does truly appear to be a well crafted unit.

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
I just ordered one last night...Can't wait! I love the fact that they are readily available on a real website :) I may be mistaken, but I don't believe there are any other Genesis-style atomizers that don't require forums, waitlists, etc :D Plus, all the reviews I've seen have been pretty positive and the DID does truly appear to be a well crafted unit.

Couldn't agree more! I would have never known about these had striker not mentioned them in the Ody thread I'd created. REALLY glad I jumped at the chance at a DID while they're still available. Really can't wait, and Jim has some serious top-notch customer service! I've got a short kit coming as well, and may order another full size DID to have media-blasted. Can't wait for the DID mini to come out as well.

It really makes the purchase a lot more user friendly having a real website to order from. No waiting lists, co-ops, or any of that. Really great experience. Mine should be shipping out tomorrow! Can't begin to tell you how excited I am to try my first rebuild-able atty!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

You will be shocked at the flawless, polished finish of it. Also it vapes awesome when you have it set up right. It's good enough for me to put it on my GG's, and there are very few that I will do that with.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Just got mine,works well. The wire provided with it produced 1.8 ohms coil with 4 wraps,need another type/gauge `cause I dont like that 1.8 Works well besides that!

I have some Kanthal 34a1 awg that should provide a ~2.7ohm on the same coil that's giving you 1.8ohm with 32a1 awg. Mine is on the way (shorty kit too) so I'll play around and see what works best for me.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I`m surprised on how little juice that thing consumes,been vaping it full time for over a day now and tought it might be time to refill it some,yet it would only take less than half a mil of juice...coil well broken-in,all wraps glows red,mesh wicks very well,awesome taste,very much satisfied.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I just ordered the DID. I use a chrome LT. Question 1. I can purchase kanthal 34, and vape at higher ohm? Next question, what is a Shorty kit, smaller tank for the DID?

Yes, Kanthal A1 34 AWG has a higher resistance per inch than 32 AWG. The shorty kit replaces the tank, the center tube and the brass (+) terminal with shorter pieces (uses the rest of the original kit) to reduce length (down ~ 6mm) and capacity (from 3.5ml down to ~2.0ml).

I have both 32 and 34 and ordered the shorty kit as well. Mine should be here in couple days and I'll see what resistance I can get out of it. I'd like to get between 2.7ohm to 3.0ohm (thinking 4/5 coil of 34 AWG should do it) so that I can run between 4.5v to 5.0v (3.0ohm@5.0v would be perfect for me (8.3watts/1.7amps). Same wattage @1.8phm would be pushing ~2.1amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread