DID Repairable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
I`m surprised on how little juice that thing consumes,been vaping it full time for over a day now and tought it might be time to refill it some,yet it would only take less than half a mil of juice...coil well broken-in,all wraps glows red,mesh wicks very well,awesome taste,very much satisfied.

LOL, mine loves juice. I could probably empty the tank 2 or 3 times daily if I wanted to. I do love the big flavor and vapor production though. I run mine with the fill screw out, wonder if that makes a difference?

Marty

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
LOL, mine loves juice. I could probably empty the tank 2 or 3 times daily if I wanted to. I do love the big flavor and vapor production though. I run mine with the fill screw out, wonder if that makes a difference?

Marty

May I ask Marty why you run with fill screw out? Change of draw? Don't you spill more?

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
May I ask Marty why you run with fill screw out? Change of draw? Don't you spill more?

I tend to chain vape long hard draws at times and the wick has no trouble keeping up with the screw out. With the screw in I have to pause at times to allow the juice to catch up. The draw got somewhat different(not worse or better) but what I really liked was the flavor was a-lot more intense. Believe it or not, I haven't spilled a drop. It stays at my desk though, and I am a little careful with it. Plus, I don't have to remove the screw to fill it.

Marty

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

Keep the screw out - the tank needs air. You will have better flavor and vapor with it out, tank needs air for mesh to wick properly. Still going to leak out wick if you lay it down flat. Either stand it up, take it off mod or lean it when not using. After tank goes down some below the holes you can lay it down, but always with airhole up.

I never take mine out because of that, Use them at home which is fine. Looking forward to Jims mini shortly.

Last edited:

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Keep the screw out - the tank needs air. You will have better flavor and vapor with it out, tank needs air for mesh to wick properly. Still going to leak out wick if you lay it down flat. Either stand it up, take it off mod or lean it when not using. After tank goes down some below the holes you can lay it down, but always with airhole up.

I never take mine out because of that, Use them at home which is fine. Looking forward to Jims mini shortly.

Thanks much for the advice, am anxiously awaiting my DiD and acquiring as much know how beforehand.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany

I likethis advice and I've tried it and it's work perfect if i will setup the screw again I just made the mesh thiner so that give better vape as there is space for Air for the tank .

I think as it's just my 2'd day with the DID so I made it so good and am just enjoy it now

MisterCombo21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Syracuse NY
I likethis advice and I've tried it and it's work perfect if i will setup the screw again I just made the mesh thiner so that give better vape as there is space for Air for the tank .

I think as it's just my 2'd day with the DID so I made it so good and am just enjoy it now

I saw it mentioned but not sure if anyone had any luck with it... What about putting a thick and very short wick just to plug the fill hole to stop the liquid coming out too much but still allowing for some air flow? I may try this for tomorrow...

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I saw it mentioned but not sure if anyone had any luck with it... What about putting a thick and very short wick just to plug the fill hole to stop the liquid coming out too much but still allowing for some air flow? I may try this for tomorrow...

I tried this out this morning and it works well :) The wicking is much better than when the fill hole has the screw in place and vapor production is, of course, greatly improved! Thanks :D

mokaction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Ventura, CA
U can also use the brass set screws on the top of the did to control air flow. Also if you have some try using 30 awg a1 kanthal. Easier to work with and creates a lower ohm. That way u can use a lower volt and get the same Vape as running higher ohms and higher volts. This will also increase battery life.

Attachments

• 20120820_171849.jpg
    20120820_171849.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread