Did you cut down Analogs Gradually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I stopped smoking analogues completely. im using champix at the moment with my ecig but not out of choice. i started using champix before i started vaping again so now im having to vape 0mg so will see how that goes even though i wouldnt mind vaping stronger 24mg juice as i like the throat hit

koalagr

Jan 27, 2012
Sweden
Been smoking for 17 years, anything between 2 and 2,5 packs a day. I tried vaping 3 years ago, but it only lasted for a few weeks. Now I've been vaping for about 2 months, but I find it very difficult to avoid the morning cigarette with my coffee, and the last one before I go to bed... Might also have one at work,but not everyday. Hopefully I'll manage to quit completelly.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Been smoking for 17 years, anything between 2 and 2,5 packs a day. I tried vaping 3 years ago, but it only lasted for a few weeks. Now I've been vaping for about 2 months, but I find it very difficult to avoid the morning cigarette with my coffee, and the last one before I go to bed... Might also have one at work,but not everyday. Hopefully I'll manage to quit completelly.

Same ones I have been having trouble avoiding. The one in the morning has been the hardest to let go. Even when I fight through it I still have the urge for it no matter how much I vape. Today, I have made it to almost 2pm without it, but I do not have any in the house and I am refusing to go near any store - if I can make it through today I figure tomorrow will be easier and the next day even more. For now the vote is out and we will tally the results in a few days...

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Straight away for me and imagine...

Did some laundry,folded my stuff and went to the park with the dog for a couple hrs....upon coming back,I entered the house and ....snif-snif...what is that odor.....man,this place smells like.....BOUNCE!

Took 2 months for the analog smell to go away...but its goooooooone!

Now I need to paint the whole place :glare:

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Straight away for me and imagine...

Did some laundry,folded my stuff and went to the park with the dog for a couple hrs....upon coming back,I entered the house and ....snif-snif...what is that odor.....man,this place smells like.....BOUNCE!

Took 2 months for the analog smell to go away...but its goooooooone!

Now I need to paint the whole place :glare:

Funny story, once I started vaping I came home one night with some computer upgrades after working for a few hours... Then I really noticed how smoking had affected my home. First thing... The area around my computer... It looked nearly orange, whereas the rest of the house, while it did have residue, was not nearly as bad. I have white walls, so this was a dead giveaway. I proceeded to take apart my computer/case completely. Not sure if any of you have a lot of experience building computers, but I have an antec 900, pretty damned big case. It's more or less like a wind tunnel. I noticed recently that the temperatures have been much higher than they were say... a year ago. Took the entire thing apart, and it look like hell. Each of the two HD cages with fans in the front looked like they had brown hair coming off of the fans/siding. Same thing with the 200mm fan on top, and here's the kicker... Both my gpu and cpu cooler were COMPLETELY clogged with dust/tar. The coating was so rediculously thick that It apparently blocked almost all air flow. DISGUSTING!

Since then I have not quit completely... But I smoke no more than 1-5 analogs a day, normally due to either taking puffs from folks at work or stealing one of my wife's cigs since she still lights up once every few hours. Kinda difficult to deal with that terrible smell especially since as bad as it may be, it still comforts me. I know that sounds strange, but yeah, still kind-of happens.

Either way, I've stopped smoking around my computer and even better... Stopped smoking in my truck. Feels/smells/looks so much better without ashes having flown all over the place, trashing a freshly cleaned vehicle in less that a day.

michael dubya

Moved On
Jan 29, 2012
great britain
  • Deleted by uba egar320

michael dubya

Moved On
Jan 29, 2012
great britain
  • Deleted by uba egar320

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Paul Simon should've written a song called "50 Ways to Leave Your Cigarettes" haha. There isn't a wrong way to quit, only a wrong way to expect someone else to quit, in my opinion (not that anyone here is doing that). I actually love the glowing stories about e cigarettes where people can just toss their pack of regular smokes in the trash and that's that. For me it hasn't been that easy, but for some others it is.

What I don't like is the "quit now or die" approach that some doctors and anti-smoking people take. Because even an effort to quit that is successful can involve a lot of slip-ups. I don't think some people, including in healthcare, appreciate how powerful an addiction cigarettes can be for many smokers.

I'm tapering off the smokes. For me it's been the most realistic approach and I actually feel good that I'm keeping my goals instead of discouraged that I smoked one cigarette (when I've tried total cessation). Best of luck, and don't beat yourself up or get discouraged over smoking. Because in the past I've gotten SO discouraged from just a few cigarettes that I stopped trying to quit. I'm trying now not to be so rigid with breaking my addiction that I just give up again. It's a powerful addiction, and for most it takes time to quit.

Amen to that! It takes what it takes to get what we get, but that doesn't mean it's not worth every bit of it! Happy Vapin' to all! :vapor:

tribeofasher

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
oregon
The day I recieved my ego-t, the mailman was late, so I decided to start the next day. I didn't have the cart connected to the atty correctly, so I wasn't getting a good hit. I was on my way to work, so I had 2 cigarettes that morning. But I came home on break and realized what I did wrong, and haven't smoked since. I smoked for alittle over 30 years. I don't even think about it. I do vape quite a bit though.

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
25 year smoker here and I threw away my 1/2 pack of cigs and lighters the moment I got home with my new kit. Haven't looked back, much thanks to this forum for all the tips and advice on how to make vaping a much better alternative. I was smoking a PAD of 0.1mg analogs; very light, so switching to a PV was pretty easy. My nicotine craving was satiated with the 'low' juice, as was my hand-to-mouth habit.

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
well i tried twice first ecig was those K808 battery and cartomisers . it looks like an analog cig if you dont know . they didnt really cut it . but 6 months later and more research i found ego -t , once i started using i quit smoking instantly . problem is i was vaping too much to compensate . the nicotene levels i was using 24 mg was way too high for my intake so be carefull on level on nic in your juice . i became a heavy vapor . but once i figured it out i would drop nic levels now im down to the very lowest nic levels .06 all in under a years time . truth is i like vaping . and i want to use zero nic eventully but i will probably continue vaping .

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
I honestly did not intend to quit smoking. I bought the mistic ecig at walmart. It took about 3 days to go through a pack of smokes, then I did not buy another pack.
Now I just need to cut down on vaping. Which is difficult, since I can do it inside.

I thought about that also. I don't allow myself to vape in the house either. If I want it.... I will go outside. But at least with vaping its just a couple drags and I am done. :eek:)

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
I thought about that also. I don't allow myself to vape in the house either. If I want it.... I will go outside. But at least with vaping its just a couple drags and I am done. :eek:)

Intentionally, I kept the same rules/schedule for vaping that I had for smoking.

I could, and at one point did, easily go thru 3 packs of smokes per day if I allowed myself to smoke inside at my desk while working/playing on the computer. I'd light one after another without even thinking about it. I'd vape the same, if I allowed myself to do so.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Intentionally, I kept the same rules/schedule for vaping that I had for smoking.

I could, and at one point did, easily go thru 3 packs of smokes per day if I allowed myself to smoke inside at my desk while working/playing on the computer. I'd light one after another without even thinking about it. I'd vape the same, if I allowed myself to do so.

Yep..... same here. I know myself way to well.

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
I was smoking a little over 30 cigs a day until last Saturday when my G6 came in the mail. All of last week I only smoked a pack and about 6 out of another pack, for the entire week. I think I could of actually quit the day I got my e cig but out of force of habit I still went outside and fired up, there was no craving just the habit of what I was doing for so many years. I have not had a regular cig since this Friday after work, 3 days now without one. I brought my opened pack to work today and gave it to a co worker because I have no urge to smoke anymore. Im still amazed how fast I changed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread