Did you cut down Analogs Gradually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevsVice

Jan 22, 2012
Phoenix
Smoked about one pack a day for over 30 years, Parliament Lights 100's (in the round corner box).

After 3 puffs on a 510 I knew I was done! It's only been about a week, but I have not had the slightest interest in a tobacco cigarette.

I like vaping more than I ever liked cigarettes. In fact, sitting at home after work I tend to vape too much. So I've ordered some 8mg nic juice.

ECF has been a great help.

etrnldrk

Jan 30, 2012
Ohio
2 years ago when I got my first ego kit, I was still smoking off and on while trying out liquids, trying to find a "perfect" vape. Never found it and got tired of constantly ordering. A few weeks ago I picked up my eGo T with some CE2 Ultimates (crack/leak resistant) and have had 2 cigarettes since, and both were while I let my new juice sit for a day or so. I made the mistake of filling a carto with Torque 56 (24mg) immediately after opening the package and learned that Chuck Norris exists in vapor form as well. Now, I vape exclusively, though I still have about 3/4 of a pack of analogs just sitting on the shelf next to the front door (I should probably toss them out).

I have smoked since I was 14 and continued until I was 24, then picked it back up for a couple of years and now at 26, I vape exclusively. I was a pack and a half a day Marlboro Mediums smoker during that time. Vaping has finally given me what I need to quit: taste, vapor, motion/habit, and low cost (relatively speaking).

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
I was so blown away by even my relativly crappy nJoy starter kit, that i smoked my last two cigs and never looked back.

One year later and I couldnt be happier!

i actually wanted to quit though, I just didn't think ecigs were actually a viable option.

Boy was I wrong!

Looking at your signature...369 days! Congrats on the year mark. Here's to the next!

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I am still relatively new to vaping only been doing itfor about 5 weeks to be exact. I was a smoker of 1-2 packs a day. I ordered a kit after seeing a review on YouTube. It came in on a Wednesday afternoon, I filled her up and haven't gone to an analog since. I can say i briefly(i stress briefly, as in less then a week) tried a green smoke ECig a few years back and it never fulfilled my cravings and I was unable to fully come off analogs which inevitably resulted to me just going right back to analogs. So I think combined with the right device and nic strength it can be done cold turkey. I started at 24mg and now I seem to have settled on 12mg as my sweet spot.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
We first tried ecigs in 2009. At the time we found them to be too fussy. It was always one thing after another, filling, cartos that went from working fine to a really tight draw very quickly, not loving the flavors, etc.

Between the two of us, we go through at least half a carton a day, with me smoking 3+ packs a day. I've tried the patch, wellbutrin, chantix, and even had a scare over nicotine gum this last fall. (I had swollen lymph nodes for weeks. The nicotine from the gum was going straight into my saliva glands.) This led me back to checking out ecigs again in mid December.

We've been working on equipment and juices since then. We're both happy with our VV PV's now. We both have at least one favorite juice. Still looking for a second all day vape for variety.

We're both under a pack a day now, and I see the day coming soon when I'll decide I simply prefer vaping over smoking. I have no qualms with cutting down gradually and making sure that we love our set up before making the final switch. I'm thrilled that both of us will finally be non smokers.

CanuckGod

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Calgary
I wouldn't classify myself as a heavy smoker... half a pack (Canadian, so 1/2 of 25 cigs per pack, 12-13 or so) a day, but I did get some e-cig materials last April, wasn't seriously using them, and then my Canucks lost the Stanley Cup, stressed me some, and forgot about my vaping, but around the end of November, I made a concerted effort to stop analogs for good. I had a 2 battery eGo XL set and a Electrovapors pen-style 510 kit, then got a 510-tank atomizer which put out a lot more vape for me, and by Christmas I was down to 1 cig a day (probably could've given that up, but I didn't want to quit only to start up again). Long story short, my last analog cig was Dec. 31, cheated with a cigarillo the next day, but no tobacco since! Been a whole month, and while I have the very rare craving for a 'real' smoke, a vape usually kills that right away. Been vaping some DK Red Cola in my SmokTech DCT-V2 tankomizer setup (much tastier than those cruddy cigarettes) and couldn't be happier! :vapor: :toast:

hangwire

Nov 4, 2011
Houston
I had tried to quit a few times over the summer, never got past 4 or 5 days. I got a knock-off 510 to start with, and it was ok at first, and I immediately cut how much I was smoking in half.

I got tired of cartridges pretty quick, and moved to cartos. That upped the satisfaction I got from vaping, and I again started smoking less. At that point I would have a cig once or twice a day, mainly for the "ritual" of going out to smoke... sort-of getting away from things for a few minutes and enjoying a habit I had enjoyed for ~15 years.

One day I ran out of smokes, and didn't feel like going to the store. But then the next day I still didn't feel like going, and the next day, and the next, and then I just didn't care. Now I've got an eGo-T and I've had maybe 2 or 3 in the last month, bummed from my neighbor because we were standing outside chatting and I didn't have my eGo with me and he offered.

I honestly put no pressure on myself to quit, because of how crazy I had felt when trying to quit cold turkey. I just figured if it happens, it happens. And it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread