Did you eventually stop using nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
I'm almost one month in and just using evod with aspire mini and kanger pro tank mini. I started out with 12 mg and I'm bouncing between 9 and 12 and just got some 6mg that I haven't tried yet. I know once you sub ohm you can drop the mg level (I'm not investing in new mod yet). Im just curious if anyone has worked their way down to zero and is that the norm? I don't have any set goals at this point except to keep on vaping and stay away from the stinky analogs. Thanks!

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
There's actually quite a few people here who have dropped down to 0 nic and some who still hang around even though they no longer vape. I personally vape as an alternative to smoking so I have no intention of ever using 0 nic but once I started sub ohming I've dropped down to 3-6mg. If your intention is to completely quit then I see no reason why you shouldn't eventually go down to 0.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I'm down to 3mg. I may, or may not, go lower. For me, the reason vaping worked and other methods did not is I have a need for the hand-to-mouth motion. I have found this much harder to kick than nicotine dependence. I intend to keep vaping at least as long as I think that's still active. And hey, once you get down to 3ish, you're below the stimulus of a cup of coffee...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @Ladybug24 , everyone is different. You'll have some who will defend their staying at a nicotine level, some who will drop to sub ohm and some (myself) who have worked down to zero or close to it. It took me 4 1/2 months to gradually work from the 12 mg to the 1.5 mg and zero I now enjoy.

When I began working my way down in nic I would keep a cheap clearo/tank with the higher nic in it handy, so if the step down didn't scratch the "itch" I would hit the higher nic once and then go back to my lower level. It usually took 3 days to a week and I didn't need the higher nic juice anymore. After the first reduction the rest were really easy, mostly because I knew I could do it.

I did it so I never have to feel the "itch" again. The "itch" is real and it's the reason I wanted off the cigs.

I don't have any plans to quit vape, and if I do I will always have a vape handy. I enjoy the vape "habit" and find it relaxing, probably more so now that I've reached such a low content of nicotine. Being a smoker I felt somewhat as an outcast to society. Being a vaper, and being in situations where I can't vape is not even an issue to me, there's no craving driving me crazy.

I'm going to continue to vape, even if I reach zero.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I fluctuate between 0mg-3mg. Some days 0mg nic all day. I still have a lot of juice at 3mg that I diluted down from 6mg. Once that is all gone I will be buying all 0mg nic juice. Nic to me right now is like caffeine (I don't drink coffee or tea). A soda a day, I have both caffeine & caffeine free. Some days I drink caffeinated soda, other day not.

But I do have some nic base so if I want a little nic I can add it. And my hope is to get my sisters to stop smoking (which they are really not interested in right now). I dabble in DIY. I would like to be able to make their juice if they ever wanted to try vaping.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I dropped pretty fast to 0 nic.
Then once I felt satisfied that I didn't need it I used more again.
I buy only 24mg because that's the highest I can get locally; I dilute that 10 to 1 and that's my main vape, usually at 10 to 15 watts.

Sometimes I might add a drop or 2 of 24mg to whatever is in my rda at the time

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
I'm down to 3mg. I may, or may not, go lower. For me, the reason vaping worked and other methods did not is I have a need for the hand-to-mouth motion. I have found this much harder to kick than nicotine dependence. I intend to keep vaping at least as long as I think that's still active. And hey, once you get down to 3ish, you're below the stimulus of a cup of coffee...
Yes, at this point I totally agree about the hand to mouth motion and inhalation dependence. I find it to be very much a physical habit. Like I mentioned, I don't have any goal, but I will drop as I see fit. (Well, eventually when I decide to become pregnant I will stop, but that's not right now).

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
hi @Ladybug24 , everyone is different. You'll have some who will defend their staying at a nicotine level, some who will drop to sub ohm and some (myself) who have worked down to zero or close to it. It took me 4 1/2 months to gradually work from the 12 mg to the 1.5 mg and zero I now enjoy.

When I began working my way down in nic I would keep a cheap clearo/tank with the higher nic in it handy, so if the step down didn't scratch the "itch" I would hit the higher nic once and then go back to my lower level. It usually took 3 days to a week and I didn't need the higher nic juice anymore. After the first reduction the rest were really easy, mostly because I knew I could do it.

I did it so I never have to feel the "itch" again. The "itch" is real and it's the reason I wanted off the cigs.

I don't have any plans to quit vape, and if I do I will always have a vape handy. I enjoy the vape "habit" and find it relaxing, probably more so now that I've reached such a low content of nicotine. Being a smoker I felt somewhat as an outcast to society. Being a vaper, and being in situations where I can't vape is not even an issue to me, there's no craving driving me crazy.

I'm going to continue to vape, even if I reach zero.
Thanks for that. I can relate to your feeling about cravings. I hope to get to the point where I no longer get cravings.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Yes, at this point I totally agree about the hand to mouth motion and inhalation dependence. I find it to be very much a physical habit. Like I mentioned, I don't have any goal, but I will drop as I see fit. (Well, eventually when I decide to become pregnant I will stop, but that's not right now).
I DIY my juice, and I forget not everybody does. You understand how to dilute nic juice with some of the same flavor in 0 nic, right? A bottle of 6 plus a bottle of 0 and presto! Two bottles of 3 :)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I'm almost one month in and just using evod with aspire mini and kanger pro tank mini. I started out with 12 mg and I'm bouncing between 9 and 12 and just got some 6mg that I haven't tried yet. I know once you sub ohm you can drop the mg level (I'm not investing in new mod yet). Im just curious if anyone has worked their way down to zero and is that the norm? I don't have any set goals at this point except to keep on vaping and stay away from the stinky analogs. Thanks!
You may be early to start reducing. You don't want it to backfire and end in a lapse. Job 1 is to get through the next few months and get your cravings stabilized (eliminated). But you know that, right?

I started at 24mg, I am down to 3mg, and with a higher power dripper (40Watts) I've been vaping for much of the past few days at 1mg and doing ok with that. When I use a tank at 25W I use 3mg. Sometimes 6mg, only because I have a LOT of DIY juice I made at that level, flavors I never made again at lower levels.

However, I chain vape, partly or mainly because I really enjoy it, so in some ways I'm playing with numbers. If I vape twice as much at 3mg as 6mg for example, I haven;t cut down my nic levels. It is more than the nic strength, it is the total dose. Of course, I've been chain vaping since more or less the beginning, and never kept tract of my juice usage so it's hard to say how all that shakes out.

I'd like to get to zero, only because vaping is not much more socially acceptable than smoking, and I would like to get to a place where I can go all day without vaping without bothering me. I'm not nearly in that place yet. I don't believe there is anything wrong with nic, no worse than caffeine, it is just the politics.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I don't DIY, but that makes sense so I can use what I have if I drop down! Thanks! :thumbs:
A handful of (cheap) 10ml syringes and a few (more expensive) 16ga blunt needles off of eBay, plus a pocket calculator, makes odd nic strengths easily achievable. The syringes and blunts are also handy for filling tanks with small openings. And if you or your boyfriend has a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel, 16ga sharps (much cheaper for some reason) can be easily (and carefully, please) converted to blunts by cutting the sharp part off the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladybug24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread