Did you eventually stop using nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inni

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Pasadena, California, US
Hello - I am a newbie here. I thought this was as good a place as any to start. I quit tobacco in March, so I'm 3+ months into vaping only. I had tried e-cigs early on, but never had much luck. I finally made up my mind and tried the refillable pens - which made a big difference. I've now moved on to the Kangertech Kbox Mini -- and I love it! Once in awhile, I get a craving for the old tobacco cigs - but I just keep reminding myself of how much better this is!

Hope to learn more by being here. I have a LOT to learn. :)

Reactions: DavidOck

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I only asked about 0 nic because my ultimate goal was to quit smoking analogs, which I have But also to reduce and eventually (hopefully) eliminate cravings.

Then I believe that you're on the right track. I got off nicotine using the patch. It seems to me that slowly decreasing your vaping nicotine level would be an even more flexible way to stop using nicotine.

Vaping is pleasant and keeps my mind off of wanting another cigarette. For me, it's replacing the act of smoking with something more benign and pleasurable.

Reactions: Ladybug24

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Shows the importance of state and local politics. Here in CO, the legislature passed a law stating that employers cannot fire you for engaging in a legal activity on your own time. The law was passed in response to the trend of employers to trying to limit not only off duty nicotine use, but also other things like participating in dangerous sports.

Heh... and being Colorado, I imagine that puts quite a dent in the "pee test" proclivities of so many employers.. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hello - I am a newbie here. I thought this was as good a place as any to start. I quit tobacco in March, so I'm 3+ months into Vaping only. I had tried e-cigs early on, but never had much luck. I finally made up my mind and tried the refillable pens - which made a big difference. I've now moved on to the Kangertech Kbox Mini -- and I love it! Once in awhile, I get a craving for the old tobacco cigs - but I just keep reminding myself of how much better this is!

Welcome, Inni! You've definitely come to the right place to learn about e-cigs! :)

Welcome to ECF! :thumb:
Andria

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Heh... and being Colorado, I imagine that puts quite a dent in the "pee test" proclivities of so many employers.. ;)

Andria

I'm afraid not. They still have plenty of other things to test for. But they can't fire you for smoking outside of work or going rock climbing on your day off.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
Hello - I am a newbie here. I thought this was as good a place as any to start. I quit tobacco in March, so I'm 3+ months into Vaping only. I had tried e-cigs early on, but never had much luck. I finally made up my mind and tried the refillable pens - which made a big difference. I've now moved on to the Kangertech Kbox Mini -- and I love it! Once in awhile, I get a craving for the old tobacco cigs - but I just keep reminding myself of how much better this is!

Welcome! I joined about a month ago when I began vaping and the ecf community has been awesome. They're so knowledgeable and don't make me feel stupid as a newbie!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
LOL. definitely. @jlv2fun4u, maybe you mean smoke free? I'm a physician assistant in a hospital and we have a smoke free campus. This means that smokers walk around the corner to smoke. Work places don't test you for nicotine, they test for things like narcotics and illegal substances
There is a growing nationwide trend to test for nicotine use in the health care field.
There are many hospitals in many states that will not hire nicotine users.

And yes, it is outrageous, and should be stopped.
And if it isn't stopped, the trend will continue and spread.

Reactions: DavidOck

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
There is a growing nationwide trend to test for nicotine use in the health care field.

The entire medical industry has just become an evil cancerous behemoth in the US -- BP is the tip of the iceberg!

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. Tootle Puffer is a term meaning a low wattage vaper, I think 20 watts is the cutoff point. I think it was originally coined by member Katdarling.
It was coined by someone else.
I think it was originally intended as playful derogatory term.

But Katdarling started a thread to make it fun.
And it was, and is.

The origin is documented in that thread.

And I are one.
:)

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY

I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this until now. I'm in NYC and I don't believe it goes on here. When I got hired they did blood work to confirm that we were up to date on vaccines and free of communicable diseases. Also a pee test at an outside facility for things that would show up on a pee test, but not nicotine. They ask if you smoke, but I've always denied it because of the stigma.

jobics

May 26, 2015
I started vaping on 13 April 2015. Haven't smoked an analog since then. I started out with 18mg with a sub-ohm! I was fine with that (I mix in the nic myself) for a month. When I found out that was too high for sub-ohming and wasn't recommended, I dropped the level to 6mg with my new juice order. After a month of 6mg, I tried vaping my 18mg and found the throat hit was too much.

Planning to buy a Nautilus so I can use my higher nic level juices and to give me a quick nic fix when I feel antsy.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
I've been vaping for about a year and seven months now. In that time I went from smoking analogs, to 24mg vaping, and over time reducing down to 3mg nic.
I now sit at 3mg and hardly vape anymore, I don't fiend for nicotine like I used to when I smoked analogs, and in fact, rarely get cravings.
I do enjoy vaping, but the main reason I don't do it much is because RDAs are so messy.
However, with the recent innovations in sub tanks, I'll soon be back to mess free regular vaping. I've got a Sigelei 100w Plus on the way, along with two different sub tanks, and 4 vtc4 batteries. I'll also be ordering some Mom's Pineapple Cake from Namber Juice to fill the tanks, and hopefully be back in Vapevana like I was back when I first started using ProVaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread