Did you eventually stop using nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I just started on vaping, how much nicotine content should i vape with? I am a heavy smoker before, now i am doing analog and digital.
It's different for everyone. I started at 24, but it was too much and I went to 18 within a couple days. I was a 3 pack a day smoker that loved strong cigars... Find a local shop that mixes in house. Find a flavor you like and get a couple small bottles of the same flavor in different nicotine levels and see what works for you.

Reactions: Rossum

Darth Vape

May 15, 2015
I have worked myself down; I will vape 3mg or 6mg in the mornings with my coffee to simulate my old habits of a morning cup-o-joe and a cig. Just recently I started to vape 0mg in the evenings before I got to sleep. I've always found that ingesting nicotine before sleeping caused me to have restless sleep or trouble falling asleep (which is obvious, given it's a stim). I enjoy vaping a lot, and was worried if I ever hit to 0mg on a permanent basis threshold, I would start to ask myself why I even bother at all anymore. But it is definitely the hand-to-mouth motion that will keep me vaping (be it 3mg or 0mg) and prevent me from ever reverting back to analogs - it helps me relax.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I just started on vaping, how much nicotine content should i vape with? I am a heavy smoker before, now i am doing analog and digital.
You might want to start a new thread in the New Members subforum.

And you should let everyone know how much of which cigarettes you smoked.
And you should let everyone know what kind of electronic cigarette you are using.
:)

Reactions: Rossum

iVapeWorld

Unresolved Status
Jul 22, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I never really had a plan to cut nicotine out completely, I was just trying to quit smoking. I started out at 24 mg, and after several months I bought some 18 mg to see what it would be like. And then I kept doing that, lowering my nic level every once in a while as an experiment, and eventually got used to it. Currently I buy 6 mg, DIY 6-10, and I drip at 0 to 3. I do, however, still have some 12 and 18 left just in case.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
A lot depends on what device you are using. If you are using a cigalike device start at the top (18-24mg) and work your way down. If you are using a subohm device you likely won't want to vape any more than 6mg.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Vape it up, and you get your fix :)

To me the problem isn't really nicotine, is the "delivery device" :)

But it is nicotine which causes nausea, in fact if i smoke too much nicotine i get that bad sense of disorientation, hate it.

Yeah the only reason I've ever lowered my nic was if it started bothering my stomach, OR, recently when I got an Achilles RDA, I went from 10mg to 9mg because the TH was so intense.

Discomfort is the only reason I can see to lower nicotine. No plans whatever to go without it.

Andria

Reactions: 2buildawall

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I vape for the nic! Now it has become a hobby. I wouldn't go to zero mg unless I made the decision to quit altogether and sell the farm.

I am waiting for some sort of concrete evidence or a consensus on how vaping will affect me long term. If it is proven somehow to be worse for me. I would stop cold turkey.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I vape for the nic! Now it has become a hobby. I wouldn't go to zero mg unless I made the decision to quit altogether and sell the farm.

I am waiting for some sort of concrete evidence or a consensus on how vaping will affect me long term. If it is proven somehow to be worse for me. I would stop cold turkey.
Rather than stopping cold turkey, I would suggest considering using unflavored liquid.
With or without nicotine, probably doesn't matter too much.

Because you might find that the hand-to-mouth/something-to-do-with-your-hands thing is stronger than you think.
And possibly, a lot stronger than the nicotine was.

So if you go cold turkey on vaping, you might find yourself picking up a pack of smokes.
Not that you shouldn't try, if you feel that is what is important to you.

But I would never suggest a vaper get rid of all their equipment under any circumstances.
Better to fall back on vaping than cigarettes if something goes wrong.

But we're all different, so whatever works is the right move.

Reactions: AndriaD

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Rather than stopping cold turkey, I would suggest considering using unflavored liquid.
With or without nicotine, probably doesn't matter too much.

Because you might find that the hand-to-mouth/something-to-do-with-your-hands thing is stronger than you think.
And possibly, a lot stronger than the nicotine was.

So if you go cold turkey on vaping, you might find yourself picking up a pack of smokes.
Not that you shouldn't try, if you feel that is what is important to you.

But I would never suggest a vaper get rid of all their equipment under any circumstances.
Better to fall back on vaping than cigarettes if something goes wrong.

But we're all different, so whatever works is the right move.

Yes, I agree!

Where I meant to go with my post was, if I found out vaping was worse for me than other nic delivery systems that I enjoy I would switch.

I am a bit of a oddity here (or so it seems). I started vaping to quit chewing. I had an analog on occasion but could take or leave them. The chew on the other hand is an evil monkey for me.

I am a desk jockey by trade and have always worked in an environment where folks chew tobacco. It is not frowned upon one bit. I could probably vape in my office but I am good with not going there.

I started vaping at 32mg and am down to 12mg and headed to 6mg. I attribute my drop to the efficiency in delivery attained with the new equipment that has hit the market. I have gone from a MVP2 with a Kanger3 topper to a Yihi SX mini at 25w with a derringer. 32mg on my current set up would make me ill for days. Vape it don't chew it!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I have been vaping for 4 years now, started at 12mg and pretty quickly dropped down to 6mg for a few years. I went to 0mg (but kept vaping) when the no-nicotine hiring policies went into full force throughout the healthcare field because not only were they not hiring nicotine-users but if you were previously employed in healthcare company I worked for before the nicotine hiring bans went into place and were currently a nicotine-user you were basically frozen in what ever position you were in at the time of the ban, you could not transfer to a different position within the company or advance in any way and pay more then double for their health insurance coverage.

I did however start using nicotine again at 6mg when I was struck by an rare autoimmune disorder somewhat similar to MS (and had to stop working) because of the potential benefits of nicotine to those with myelin sheath-attacking autoimmune diseases. Nicotinic receptor stimulation has a major role in several CNS functions, such as locomotor activity and cognition. Nicotine controls activity under physiological conditions as well as ameliorates locomotor deficits reported after nigrostriatal degeneration in both animals and humans.
Novel Therapeutic Approach by Nicotine in Experimental Model of Multiple Sclerosis

Last edited:
I smoked cigarettes for 25 years. It took me 3 months to get to zero nic (using no sub ohm devices).

I've not stopped Vaping though! I've been happily Vaping at zero nic for almost 3 years. If that's your goal, set it because I'm another that is proof that you can remove tar and nicotine using Vaping! My biggest help was Vaping many flavors and removing the RY4 (cigarette type flavors) as soon as I could. For myself only, I knew if I kept tasting a cigarette in my vape I would want a real one. I also knew going down in nicotine would be hard but it only took a few days to get used to the lower level when it came to taste and in my body as a whole.

It's not easy to stop smoking cigarettes and I commend you for moving to the vapes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: theddead

Donovan69

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Ive been vaping for two and a half years. I had my last smoke on day 4 of vaping.I was 2 pad for 30 years. i started off at 24mg. My first drop after a month was down to 20mg. Then I tried dropping to 16. whoops too much, bounced back up to 18mg. I got into geninsis style atomizers. I dropped to 12mg. then I build my first RDA. Boom was able to drop to 6mg. Then i dropped to 4, then 3 and over a year ago I dropped to 2mg and have stayed on that since. My goal was to quit smoking, never have had intention or need to even think about quitting vaping. :)

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
I started at 24 in clearos after a few months I switched to drippers and dropped down to 6. I was ok with it for a few months and decided I like the nicotine hit so I bumped back up to 12-18. I now make my own juice and am ahappy camper, even subohming at .2 no problems. Another plus is most of my fellow vapors don't mooch my juice. I do make batches of juice for them though at 3-6 nic for them wusses.LOL

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
I think I'm on the road to 0 nic. I know it has some positive effects, but I want to be free of any dependency. I'm dripping at 1.5-3 now and started in the 20's 2 years ago. I'm thinking I'll switch 1/2 my juice order to 0 next month. My biggest problem is I chain vape more for clouds and flavor than I ever smoked (unless I was shooting pool, billiards made me turn into a chimney)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread