• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did You Guys See on TV.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Did you guys see on the network news that a parking lot caved in and 15 cars fell into that deep crevice? That happened in my town! They didn't say anything except "blah blah blah in Mississippi," and that's the 4th time my hometown has been mentioned! We had a shooting at a Lockheed plant, at the beginning of the first X-Men, they spell our town with CG, and if anyone watched or watches 'Hell on Wheels,' one of the first things mentioned in the pilot, Cullen Bohannon says "Have you ever been to Meridian, Mississippi?" When Sherman came through, this is documented, he only left one antebellum home standing, because that's where he stayed while here. They were ruthless, raped women, killed others....even the children. The character Cullen, came home from the Civil War to find.....well you can imagine, and he set out to hunt down the men who wiped out his family.

But anyway, Praise God, Bless His Holy Name, that no one was hurt. The I-Hop hasn't been open very long......less than a month. :shock:

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
It's around 3 miles from where I live, but 12 blocks away through to downtown has to boil water before drinking. I think that's been lifted by now. No one was harmed....only cars and trucks. I am not comparing the two, but I couldn't help but think about when the earth opened up after Moses came down the mountain to a rebellion, and he said if you are not for me, then you're against me and the earth opened up and swallowed those folks. I have no idea why I thought that, but there it is.

Anson Mount really brought the character Cullen Bohannon alive and it broke my heart when had to stop his friend. That episode touched us deeply. The show is historic in many ways, showing how a railroad is built plus knowing that when they stopped, building more tracks, that minor 'city' was called Hell on Wheels. The only pointer I have for the show is the Cullen character needs to wash his hair!:ohmy:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I have always heard the expression 'well it's Saturday and we need to get our weekly bath.':laugh: I've been watching the tv show 'Adam Ruins Everything!' The host is a bit annoying, but he has such trivia that is fascinating to me. Case in point: Dermatologists recommend getting bathed or shower once a week, except armpits and other obvious parts like feet. I have always heard that, because bathing everyday dries out your skin. Where bathing or showering daily comes from soap companies where you got brainwashed into thinking you clean everyday, like waking up and jumping the shower. Another one is Listerine, which started off being a floor cleaner, then they invented the word 'halatotis.:ohmy: They were saying that people have bad breath and it offends people. I have some in my bathroom cabinet right now. Never even thought about using it for my floors. I guess you can clean your kitchen floors and 'accidentally' drop a doggy goodie and clear up 'bad breath in dogs!' Actually, that was a real commercial! :laugh:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Did you guys see on the network news that a parking lot caved in and 15 cars fell into that deep crevice? That happened in my town! They didn't say anything except "blah blah blah in Mississippi," and that's the 4th time my hometown has been mentioned! We had a shooting at a Lockheed plant, at the beginning of the first X-Men, they spell our town with CG, and if anyone watched or watches 'Hell on Wheels,' one of the first things mentioned in the pilot, Cullen Bohannon says "Have you ever been to Meridian, Mississippi?" When Sherman came through, this is documented, he only left one antebellum home standing, because that's where he stayed while here. They were ruthless, raped women, killed others....even the children. The character Cullen, came home from the Civil War to find.....well you can imagine, and he set out to hunt down the men who wiped out his family.

But anyway, Praise God, Bless His Holy Name, that no one was hurt. The I-Hop hasn't been open very long......less than a month. :shock:

No, I hadn't heard this... and Yes! Praise GOD no one was hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread