Did you guys see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Trying to create an account in order to sign petition but for whatever reason, I have not received the confirmation email. I entered the pass code correctly..... nothing! Tried again.... nothing. So typical of anything Gov't run. I did not check the box to receive notices, etc as it was not required. Will try that and see what happens...... Geez! If anyone has suggestions on what I'm not doing to get the automated confirmation email, please let me know. I don't have gov't site blocked on my incoming email.....maybe they have me blocked lol...... I want my signature on this important petition.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
From this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-e-cig-prohibition-efforts-9.html#post4300100

NOTICE: This has just become more important to reach 5000 signatures on this petition. As usual the Govmint has moved the goal posts, any new petition that is started will need 25,000 signatures to be answered by the White House.

Here is the post in the Legislation news forum on ECF that has the info, message 107.

This does not affect our petition, but if we don't hit 5000 by the 27th we'll have to try for 25k on the next go around.

Ask anyone you know to give us a hand with this, it's a lot easier now than it will be if we fail this time.

Thanks to ScottB for finding this.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Speaking of Government....I kept hasseling ours and here is the 2nd response I got.

Dear Ms. Mason,

Thank you for contacting me about electronic cigarettes. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue and sincerely regret the delayed response.

As you may know, electronic cigarettes are devices that produce a similar experience to smoking for users. They are battery powered devices that provide inhaled doses of nicotine or non-nicotine vaporized solution/Proponents of electronic cigarettes argue that the devices can help people quit smoking, and do not deliver the same carcinogens The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has argued that electronic cigarettes should be regulated like nicotine replacement gum or patches because they deliver nicotine directly to the lungs. The FDA has attempted to classify electronic cigarettes a drug delivery device so it can regulate electronic cigarettes and require a proof of their safety under the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act.

You might be interested to know that the United States Court of Appeals in Washington, DC unanimously ruled on December 7th 2010 that the FDA cannot stop the importation of electronic cigarettes, and that the FDA must regulate electronic cigarettes as tobacco products. Please be assured I will keep your thoughts about this issue in mind should I have the opportunity to vote on it in the Senate.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. You may also be interested in signing up for periodic updates for Washington State residents. If you are interested in subscribing to this update, please visit my website at Maria Cantwell - U.S. Senator from Washington State. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my website at
redirect
:?::blink::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread