• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
I was in the hospital recently for a miserable infection- needed to have an IV line placed and stay overnight to get my first dose of antibiotics before I could go home and have a visiting nurse. When I was asked by the MD if I used tobacco, I said no, but I use nicotine. He immediately asked if I used an e-cig, and I figured -here it comes, bad for you, blah blah- but when I said yes, he said "OK, I will write the orders so that you can vape in your room". How cool is that! Went for my follow up appointment with my regular doctor, and he just said if I kept it under 6mg of nic a day it was no worse that drinking an extra coke or two, and he was happy that I had quit smoking. The most bizarre part of this whole thing is that I am a home care nurse, and I specialize in home IV therapy :) so I didn't want to get stuck in the hospital where I couldn't vape. Ended up that I could have stayed in the hospital and vaped as much as I wanted (food is better at home though)

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
Now that's funny!!! Cool Doc!!

Haha yeah, he used to be a smoker and said something along the lines of "it's an alcohol with nicotine, how in the world do people think it's so bad for you?" (without sarcasm). He's also 55-65 and definitely not the 'liberal' sort of doctor many would expect to say that.

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I just went to take granny to her high end, azz of a doctor, in the rich town one over. When he was done, I asked him "what do you think about pv's." He said "what?" I showed him my 901 & said "electric cigarettes." & I .... you not, he happily said "oh, congratulations" & this guy, who is always a complete ....., put his hand out to shake mine!

This should say something! I don't see my doc for a month, but I know he will approve. This doc was my test.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Doctors are great and obviously much needed, but I don't expect them to know about vaping or even basic health needs such as nutrition.
They often are prescribing meds for consequences from other meds, and since big pharma is their bankroll, go figure.
I know that good nutrition is major for good health and i go to a cutting edge site mercola.com

my 13 year old is always asking me to ask him about vaping since he seems to know everything (dr Mercola)... i have put her off by saying "it's better than smoking tobacco cigarettes"... procrastinating.

Incognito™

ECF Veteran
Really? Ok. Your life. But if you're doc told you not to have sex with someone who has aids you wouldn't listen? I'm not saying you have to do what your doc says, but an informed opinion from a health care professional should at least be considered in deciding how to live don't you think?

My doc told me to quit smoking for years and I never listened. Guess what. He was right, I was wrong, but it was still my choice.

The point of the poll is to show that most Docs approve of vaping. So far it's done that. I think that's a good thing for us vapers.

Most of us turned to vaping because we care about our health... and I think we tend to forget that some e-cig users didn't start vaping for that reason ...and aren't very concerned with their health. That would be why some are saying "I don't care about what my doc thinks".

• Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
How about I don't have a doctor? Yes i will go if I need to but, that is to whomever has an opening at the time. I generally do not go to doctors. Now there was a time I did have several but, not anymore. My primary "medicine" is herbs I gather or grow myself so, I suppose that makes me my own doctor and, yes I approve of vaping :p

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
I had to go the the ER one week into vaping(unrelated to smoking or vaping lol), my last analog was the day before. While talking with the nurse about allergies, medical history, etc., she asked if I smoked. I told her I started on e-cigs that week and hadn't had a real cigarette in 24 hours. She got this huge grin, said "those aren't recommended for quitting, but I'm glad they're working for you, and that's excellent news because you are now a non smoker".
And my new doc (who I think may have been about 15 years old) overheard my convo about vaping with a PA at my followup, and he just said "electronic cigarettes? so it's not actually smoking? that's cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread