• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rushcreek

Apr 8, 2011
texas
My husband was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. His pulmonologist came in and caught me stealth vaping. (The man moves really fast.) I was waiting to be chewed out, but instead he told me to just be sure and use a high nicotine content in my cartos. That they were not great for your cardio vascular system but will not cause lung cancer and that too many people don't start out using high enough nicotine and give up on them. I was a little shocked that he was so favorable towards them. Made me feel much better about my vaping.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
My pdoc and I talked about it, and he told me some of the research about smoking and bipolar disorder/schizophrenia, and how it can actually be helpful. He was actually pleased that I'd found some way to use nicotine without actually smoking it, considering how much my mood has improved since I started (first on a nicorette inhaler, now on an eGo). I'm bipolar and it was such a relief just to not have to crave nicotine and worry that I'd fall off the wagon or something.

Thanks for sharing this. I quit smoking in December 2010 and was doing really great not having them, though I did struggle with irritation after quitting. That soon passed though. In March if this year I had to deal with a tremendous amount of stress and trouble with family. So much that my doctor had me 4 medications trying to balance everything from sleep to bipolar 2. Keep in mind I never had any issues like this and I'm 33. After much work I no longer take any medications, especially now that the family issues stopped. I still noticed problems with my mood being irritable and stuff. Since starting vaping in September I have had improved mood overall.
I actually didn't realize how much it has improved until reading your post and thinking about it. Smoking analogs always took the edge off but now I can vape safely with the same effects.

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
My Dr. gave me a reserved "congratulations", and then the old "We don't know enough about them or whats in them" routine. I told him "I know whats in them, because I make my own liquid", and he was extremely surprised by this. He went on to strongly suggest that quitting altogether would be ideal, but he did congratulate me again as he left the room. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't as happy about vaping as I am.

jacquelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
California
My general practitioner, pain doctor, DO,physical therapist, and my neurosurgeon( 1 of the top 50 spine surgeon in the country) all had different thoughts about it. But the same conclusion. I needed to stop smoking ASAP. Smoking is horrible for my back problem. I have a major back condition. Hence the huge team of doctors. Most are the top in there fields. This is working so they are happy about it. My Neurosurgeon and pain doctor took the most interest in it. They need me to get off nictotine as fast as I can. But they don't see any harm in me vaping otherwise. My neurosurgeon actually asked where he could buy one to show his paitents as a way help them get to stop. Too bad about the ADA laws he such a cute doctor too and young :(

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I posted way up the thread about a positive, but I sensed not particularly knowledgeable, reaction from the doctor who was substituting for my (then on-sabbatical) usual doctor. I finally got to see the usual doctor today for the first time since I started vaping. His reaction was incredibly positive (dampened a bit only by my continued insistence on allowing myself 3-5 cigarettes a day--sort of an equilibrium strategy for me, but it's worked with zero deviation for 1.5 years). He observed, "All it is is water vapor," maybe a tad oversimplified, but was thoroughly aware of the medical uses of PG. And when I mentioned, to be sure he understood, that I was using nicotine, he said he had no problem at all with nicotine itself--just combustion. "Nicotine lowers cholesterol," he noted.

I've never heard the thing about cholesterol before--anybody else?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I'm about to have surgery...So, I have 4 dr's currently. They all are thrilled. One of them has been using me as a bit of a case study. He cant believe my responses every time he thinks he has a question that will throw this well oiled machine off track. He has started recommending to other patients to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread