Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Your charger is fine for the Sony vtc5a batteries. Nmc and icr aren't the same batteries. Nmc adds maganese to icr I think. So it's a little different chemistry battery but your charger will safely charge them.
Edit:nmc and icr are the same batteries I guess. I thought they were slightly different chemistry but now I'm reading they're two names for the same battery.

Last edited:

texastrainwreck

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Thanks for the replies peeps. In those articles it says the first letter is I and that represents lithium ion. But it doesn't explain if the first letter is n. I thought it might just be sonys way of saying inr. From the research I did all I could find was that it was nickel manganese cobalt oxide and that it was similar to inr. I'm so confused.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    IMR, INR, and ICR are manufacturer's model number prefixes, not chemistries. They are however used to designate particular chemistries for the manufacturers.

INR is used for multiple hybrid chemistries but the most popular is NMC.
    ICR is used for both LCO and NMC, causing all kinds of grief for us.
    IMR is only used for LMO but none of the batteries we buy are LMO as far as I know so IMR is never a prefix we should use.

texastrainwreck

Jul 2, 2012
    san diego
    Thanks for the reply mooch. I know you have so much knowledge and a great passion in this area. Why is there no one that's trustworthy (like you) that rewaps batteries with recommendations and cleans up all the confusion. There is extensive misinformation and contradictory information that takes hours of research to scratch the surface. I bet a majority of the vaping community just takes the recommendation of brick and mortars or the most popular cells sold on the major websites.
    Tldr; mooch rewrap some batteries, ones we know aren't fake, use some of that trustworthiness you have earned.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the reply mooch. I know you have so much knowledge and a great passion in this area. Why is there no one that's trustworthy (like you) that rewaps batteries with recommendations and cleans up all the confusion. There is extensive misinformation and contradictory information that takes hours of research to scratch the surface. I bet a majority of the vaping community just takes the recommendation of brick and mortars or the most popular cells sold on the major websites.
    Tldr; mooch rewrap some batteries, ones we know aren't fake, use some of that trustworthiness you have earned.

No one would pay the extra I'd have to charge for the additional testing. :)
    They'd just go out and buy the cells I rewrap and take their chances.

And China would flood the market with fake Mooch cells in a week. :-(

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    The bottom line is you don't really need to have a deep understanding of the chemistry of vaping batteries. Use Mooch's recommended battery chart, and choose a cell that suits your needs.

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum
    image-jpeg.600623

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The bottom line is you don't really need to have a deep understanding of the chemistry of vaping batteries. Use Mooch's recommended battery chart, and choose a cell that suits your needs.

image-jpeg.600623

Did you link directly to the table and not the blog entry? I ask because I just updated the table (just the date) and that breaks every link that is directly to the table.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread