Digiflavor Aura RDA w/ Squonk Pin and Coil Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Anyone seen the Digiflavor Aura rda? Looks pretty nice. Comes in three colors and includes squonk pin, bottom and side airflow, domed top cap, coil winding mandrels, some Ultem options, dual coil deck w/ stepped post clamps, phillips and flat post screws and an Ultem bottom plate for heat insulation. Claims to hold 1.5ml of juice even when squonking. The bf pin sticks up in the juice well pretty far.
What do you all think?

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Digiflavor-Aura-RDA.html

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
It looks like a nice RDA. I'll be interested in seeing a few reviews. Looks like it has some nice features.

I should have one to review in a day or two. The only thing I see that may pose a problem is the clamping mechanism on the posts. So far I've not had much luck temp controlling with clamps but Daniel (of DJLsb Vapes) designed this atty with Digiflavor and I have a great deal of respect for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I should have one to review in a day or two. The only thing I see that may pose a problem is the clamping mechanism on the posts. So far I've not had much luck temp controlling with clamps but David (of DJLsb Vapes) designed this atty with Digiflavor and I have a great deal of respect for him.
I've never had any problems with clamps and tc yet

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
After a day of vaping the Aura I must say I'm impressed.
PROS:
Top cap Orings are just right, Bottom and side AFCs work great, airflow is quiet, clamps pinch coil legs very tight, drip tips fit tight and the "heatsink" (really a heat insulator) keeps the mod cool. The provided screwdriver fits the extra large post screws perfectly and allows for some serious torque. Plenty of room for 4mm claptons on the deck if placed fairly low and close to the posts. The flavor is great and due to it's design similarities is on par with the Cigpet Eco for flavor (One of the most under rated flavor RDAs of 2016 imo).
Plenty of room for the wick tails in the juice well and I've been dripping 25 drops of juice right down the center of drip tip with zero leaking. The draw on this atty is very smooth and spitback has been minimal but still provides a fairly wet vape with the included 3mm 28/36 SS 6wrap fused clapton coils. In Temp Control the resistance has been rock solid but the TCR of the included coils are off a bit so I have to compensate by running my temp setting higher than normal.

CONS:
Just one, the beveled edges on the post clamps could be a little more pronounced to aid with inserting the coil legs.

Over all I think the Aura is worth the investment if your after an RDA that produces intense flavor while chucking some pretty descent clouds.

Note: The Aura I was sent may be a pre production unit as it only included one 2.5mm and one 3mm coil tool.
IMG_20170812_073056_364-1.jpg

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Soooo there really is no cons with the Aura? Maybe I'll pick one up.

So far I can't find anything I dislike other than the tiny bevels on the clamps. Still, once you get the clamps to raise up by installing a coil on one side the coil on the other side slides right in.

That said, I haven't tried it in squonker mode yet, I don't have a squonk mod that's over 75w.

Reactions: Letitia

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
There are a handful of reviews up for this on youtube already and it is at the top of my to buy list. Only reason I haven't ordered it yet is once I do I know I am going to want a squonker and I want a dual battery squonk mod which ain't cheap unfortunately. I really wish the chinese mod companies would get with the program and make some decent dual battery squonk mods.

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
There are a handful of reviews up for this on youtube already and it is at the top of my to buy list. Only reason I haven't ordered it yet is once I do I know I am going to want a squonker and I want a dual battery squonk mod which ain't cheap unfortunately. I really wish the chinese mod companies would get with the program and make some decent dual battery squonk mods.

Same here with the squonk thing. I may just buy a cheap 18650 mech squonker like the Frankenskull. I almost bit on the LV Drone DNA squonker until fire button problems arose. Even my LV Therion BF is showing signs that the fire button retainer is giving out. My brother's already broke.
As it is I'm very happy just dripping 25-30 drops in the Aura every 12-15 pulls.

Reactions: Fozzy71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread