Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
hello,
can someone confirm if the best way of doing the o-ring over the centre post to stop leaking is by sitting the o-ring "on top" of the peek insulator or underneath the insulator?......
(only a brief try but i could`nt get the insulator out)
i`ve read through the thread and posts but still not sure if it turned out better one way than the other.
i got some 4x1mm silicone o-rings but when they arrived first impressions were they looked tiny.....measured them and they are 4mm but there is barely a hole in the middle of them,
i tried stretching them over the post but they keep snapping, not enough stretch to them,
even though they`re supposed to be 1mm thick they look like they will be maybe too much of a squeeze as well to get down in the narrow part between the back of the post and the insulator cup.
i will have to try and find some others :(

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Last edited:

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    I don't know how far back in this thread it is but what worked for me was 4x1mm buna 70 from Oringsandmore.com.Metric Buna O-rings 4 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs
    This is the advice 52anddone gave me and the link to the rings.

ok thanks a lot,
    i`m in the UK so not cost effective to get from them but i know what to look for now,
    did you fit the o-ring on top of insulator or underneath please?....was there any agreed best way of doing it?
    thank you.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    ok thanks a lot,
    i`m in the UK so not cost effective to get from them but i know what to look for now,
    did you fit the o-ring on top of insulator or underneath please?....was there any agreed best way of doing it?
    thank you.
    20170529_122850.jpeg 20170529_123902.jpeg

Hears a couple of pics. when you put the positive block back on you want to really smash the o-ring when tightening it down.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes @kydo99, bob and I do it the same way, the peek insulator as the base, followed by the 4x1mm o-ring around the positive post, then the positive block on top of that screwed down REAL tight on top of the o-ring. I haven't tried putting the o-ring under the peek insulator, so don't know just how that would compare. I've done the 4x1 o-ring fix on both my 22mm Siren and my 25mm Siren with very good results. bob's pics are a good visual on how to do this little fix for the Siren.:thumbs:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    hello,
    can someone confirm if the best way of doing the o-ring over the centre post to stop leaking is by sitting the o-ring "on top" of the peek insulator or underneath the insulator?......
    (only a brief try but i could`nt get the insulator out)
    i`ve read through the thread and posts but still not sure if it turned out better one way than the other.
    i got some 4x1mm silicone o-rings but when they arrived first impressions were they looked tiny.....measured them and they are 4mm but there is barely a hole in the middle of them,
    i tried stretching them over the post but they keep snapping, not enough stretch to them,
    even though they`re supposed to be 1mm thick they look like they will be maybe too much of a squeeze as well to get down in the narrow part between the back of the post and the insulator cup.
    i will have to try and find some others :(

I tried this fix, more than one way, and it ended up not mattering for me. I still had leak issues. Others have had better luck though, so the fix is worth trying because this is an outstanding tank if you can just kill its damn leak issues!

Yes, the o-ring will fit tight. It doesn't look like it will quite fit at all at first, but it will with a bit of forcefulness on your part. Go with having it on top of the insulator. That is just an easier way to do it, and it didn't matter for me either way anyway. I think just tightening everything up, without bothering with the o-ring at first, is something worth trying. Give it a go and let us know how it works for you.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    For anyone still interested in the "o-ring fix" postings, that conversation starts on page 109 and continues for several pages.

Woah, you are GOOD!!! (how did you ever find that!)

:thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Woah, you are GOOD!!! (how did you ever find that!)

:thumbs:

I started back on page 60 and worked my way up till I "re-found" it. I knew that there were pictures, so I went 2 pages at a time till I got to some pic's then slowed down to Zero in on the posts I wanted.

How ya do'in Kat, Good to see ya.:thumbs: :D :)

I'm also in the beginning stages of another experiment with the Siren (22mm and/or 25mm versions), using SS Wire Rope instead of KGD/Rayon for the below deck wicking. I'm just now finding my source for some wire rope to use. Till I get some Wire Rope, I might try to use some SS Mesh (I have a bunch of that already from my Fev 3 and 4) and already know how to roll it I think to fit in the deck wick holes. So (2) experiments I guess.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I think just tightening everything up, without bothering with the o-ring at first, is something worth trying. Give it a go and let us know how it works for you.

Yes, I agree with billy, try that first, it's less hassle. Glad you put that out there billy, I completely forgot all about that, several have had luck just tightening the center post up without the o-ring fix.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    thanks everyone, i will still give it a go.....
    i agree, it is a great tank, i`ve had it for quite a while actually but not used it as much as i would like, i`ve always generally had it in rotation but i`d kind of gave up on it as well after all the what the?....why the?....how the? lol with the seeping.
    i did learn it`s a tank that needs a bit more care and attention when wicking with stuffing the wick channels and shaping the wick away from the air hole, along with it needing a 3mm ID coil, which i found out the hard way like quite a few did i think, but it`s always seeped at best,
    i`ve only generally got through a tank or so before it starts and i don`t think i could wick it any better.
    time passed and for some reason i decided to go looking again and found this thread :)
    i have tried tightening the air post under the 510 screw but it did`nt move so pretty sure this has`nt been an issue,
    if the o-ring makes only a slight improvement i`ll be happy, i think its worth a try at least for the sake of a pound or two.

and yes this is a long thread lol.....i must of read around half of it going backwards and forwards and luckily found the informative bits for a fix around pages 109 and 114 etc,
    but still was`nt sure if i was better going under or above the insulator.
    i`ve found the proper o-rings over here so i`ve just got to wait for them to arrive next week sometime and i will let you know how i get on.
    thanks again :thumb:

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    thanks everyone, i will still give it a go.....
    i agree, it is a great tank, i`ve had it for quite a while actually but not used it as much as i would like, i`ve always generally had it in rotation but i`d kind of gave up on it as well after all the what the?....why the?....how the? lol with the seeping.
    i did learn it`s a tank that needs a bit more care and attention when wicking with stuffing the wick channels and shaping the wick away from the air hole, along with it needing a 3mm ID coil, which i found out the hard way like quite a few did i think, but it`s always seeped at best,
    i`ve only generally got through a tank or so before it starts and i don`t think i could wick it any better.
    time passed and for some reason i decided to go looking again and found this thread :)
    i have tried tightening the air post under the 510 screw but it did`nt move so pretty sure this has`nt been an issue,
    if the o-ring makes only a slight improvement i`ll be happy, i think its worth a try at least for the sake of a pound or two.

and yes this is a long thread lol.....i must of read around half of it going backwards and forwards and luckily found the informative bits for a fix around pages 109 and 114 etc,
    but still was`nt sure if i was better going under or above the insulator.
    i`ve found the proper o-rings over here so i`ve just got to wait for them to arrive next week sometime and i will let you know how i get on.
    thanks again :thumb:
    This is such a great forum and thread with great people willing to help other vapors with advice and or different techniques to improve things. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Agreed, Bob. Even tho I'm no major fan of the Digi, I still adore you guys and this thread!

I started back on page 60 and worked my way up till I "re-found" it. I knew that there were pictures, so I went 2 pages at a time till I got to some pic's then slowed down to Zero in on the posts I wanted.

How ya do'in Kat, Good to see ya.:thumbs: :D :)

I'm also in the beginning stages of another experiment with the Siren (22mm and/or 25mm versions), using SS Wire Rope instead of KGD/Rayon for the below deck wicking. I'm just now finding my source for some wire rope to use. Till I get some Wire Rope, I might try to use some SS Mesh (I have a bunch of that already from my Fev 3 and 4) and already know how to roll it I think to fit in the deck wick holes. So (2) experiments I guess.

I'm well, than k you, 5-2, and am getting back to "KatNormal". ;) Hope you are doing splendidly, too!

Your experimentations sound exciting! I have zero klue on any of that, other than I know what mesh is. Good luck and needless to say, let us all know (with pics) how that goes!

Me and mesh: my Bonuts.

what is this bonuts.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread