Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
I've been doing exactly the same thing with the 1.2 mm kayfun 5 plugs on all my MTL tanks. Had to modify em a lil but though with the Siren due to the defuser. Still works like a champ though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The kayfun 5 plugs does not fit in the siren, too loose. How did you get the plugs to fit? Using thread seal tape or dental floss wrapped around the outside of the plug?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Something I did (without even thinking about it) when I wicked my Toyota, was to separate my wick tails in two, leave half of each tail hang down almost to the bottom of the juice chamber and cut the other half of the tail so that about 4mm was left to hang under the wick hole deck, that's my normal wick method for both the Siren and the Toyota, but here's what I did with the Toyota wick without even thinking about it that was different (I kind of just Spaced Out for a few minutes there, I find myself doing that more and more these days), I then combed out the longest part of the wick that hangs down to the bottom of the juice chamber, so that when wet with juice it went see-thru on me, very thin. I have been using it like that for several tank fulls, and No Leaks, No Drips, No Dry Hits even when I chain vape (that's at 10w-15w in power mode) and I get a moist (not wet) vape. Now with that knowledge, I will do the same with my Siren 25 when I do a re-build on it and see how that works out for me. So far both the Toyota and the Siren are very similar to build, in my estimation anyways, as I have so far built both exactly the same and have gotten virtually the same vape off of both. I'll let you know how my latest Toyota build works in my Siren.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Pics would be loverly, 52.

It SOUNDS like you do your Toyotas the way I do mine. I fuss with little scissors making all sorts of artistic little cuts and trims to thin out the tails of the wick. Time consuming? Yeah. Amazingly therapeutic? Oh yeah! :D Deliciously delish? UH HUH!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'll refer you to this pic, the best I have of the wick;

Digiflavor Siren GTA

Here's a new one, notice the glare off the chrome center shaft thru the wick tail.
P1010182 (Custom)-ecf.JPG

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Pics would be loverly, 52.

It SOUNDS like you do your Toyotas the way I do mine. I fuss with little scissors making all sorts of artistic little cuts and trims to thin out the tails of the wick. Time consuming? Yeah. Amazingly therapeutic? Oh yeah! :D Deliciously delish? UH HUH!

It only takes me about 10-15 minutes to manicure my wicks, but for as long as they last (60-80ml) I think it is time well taken, and you're very correct in your therapeutic observation. Oh, and that's with using KGD.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Rayon. :thumbs:

I just refilled. #48. I was hoping to get to 50. :blush:

But, I must admit, it's started to taste funky. Not too shabby for the little tank, tho!

Refill # 48 is = to 168ml @ 3.5ml per fill. That's pretty darn good Kat. I am getting anywhere from 17 to 23 fills with KGD myself (that's with my Siren, I haven't had my Toyota long enough to have an average yet).

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
10-15 seconds.

15 minutes - I`ve had tanks emptied, disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, shaken dry, reassembled, rebuilt and in use again ! :w00t:
~
The Skar arrived and the 25 is sitting on top looking in good form - size & ratio wise.

I also drilled out the bore on the short Siren plastic drip tips, I noticed they were getting liquid build up at the top opening occasionally - widening the aperture seems to have helped. (chain vaper here, which is likely the cause)

That was my fun weekend.

PS. What drip tips are everyone using on the Sirens ? Stock or 3rd party ?

The choice is a bit limited as the little mini chimney on the top cap is 10mm.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I switch 'em up like socks & underwear. At least once per year (LMAO!).

Seriously - I switch them all around, semi-constantly. I like the stock tips, but they're just one of many that I like.

Three Sirens running right now, three very different tips. They'll likely look different tomorrow (or maybe even later on tonight). Variety IS the spice...(after all).

:vapor:

20170220_114937 (Medium).jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
10-15 seconds.

15 minutes - I`ve had tanks emptied, disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, shaken dry, reassembled, rebuilt and in use again ! :w00t:
~
The Skar arrived and the 25 is sitting on top looking in good form - size & ratio wise.

I also drilled out the bore on the short Siren plastic drip tips, I noticed they were getting liquid build up at the top opening occasionally - widening the aperture seems to have helped. (chain vaper here, which is likely the cause)

That was my fun weekend.

I like the stock SS and White ones a lot. I have several I've gotten from FT that fit the Siren perfectly. If you like wide bore tips, you aren't likely to be happy with these. The largest inner bore of the tips below is 5 mm.

upload_2017-2-20_13-29-23.png

22.5mm, Red + Yellow + Blue / SKU: 4138705 -- These come in many colors, both with patterns and solid.

upload_2017-2-20_13-32-10.png

Plum Blossom / SKU: 1735104 -- many colors & patterns

upload_2017-2-20_13-34-31.png

26mm, Translucent / SKU: 5447600 -- many colors

1724010-3-thumb.jpg

SKU 1724010 -- many colors, patterns

4667307-3-thumb.jpg

Resin 510 Drip Tip
23mm, Blue + White / SKU: 4667307 -- 4 or 5 colors

1503007-3-thumb.jpg

SKU 1503007 -- many colors

I also found some geni-style anodized aluminum tips at My Freedom Smokes that work great on the Siren. The geni-style tips I got from FT didn't fit.

I also tried a ming tip from Cherry Vapes that doesn't fit.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
10-15 seconds.

~

That was my fun weekend.

Hi Fad,

I accidentally responded to Longo below when I intended to give you information about some drip tips I like using with the Siren.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
That`s quite an impressive array of tips there over those 2 posts alone !

I think I must be quite boring or set in my ways, only normally using tips sized 9-10mm x 16-19mm :blush:
(I`ve even gone out of favour of SS tips due to the cats nearly knocking my teeth out)

I like the appearance of quite a lot of tips as standalone pieces of work but put them on an atomiser and my OCD goes into overdrive for the slightest reason..hehe

Recently throwing caution to the wind and trying a Stingray type, which surprisingly I didn`t mind as the pinched in middle made it LOOK and feel smaller than it actually is, so bought several and only use those now....not on the siren though.

I applaud all your ability to try and use different things :thumbs:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
That`s quite an impressive array of tips there over those 2 posts alone !

I think I must be quite boring or set in my ways, only normally using tips sized 9-10mm x 16-19mm :blush:
(I`ve even gone out of favour of SS tips due to the cats nearly knocking my teeth out)

I like the appearance of quite a lot of tips as standalone pieces of work but put them on an atomiser and my OCD goes into overdrive for the slightest reason..hehe

Recently throwing caution to the wind and trying a Stingray type, which surprisingly I didn`t mind as the pinched in middle made it LOOK and feel smaller than it actually is, so bought several and only use those now....not on the siren though.

I applaud all your ability to try and use different things :thumbs:

I just looked for narrower bore tips, and I was lucky that some of these happened to work on the Siren. I don't think I ever used a drip tip that didn't come with the tank until May or June of last year, so everything is still experimentation!

I googled stingray drip tips so I could see what you were talking about. I remember seeing several of the stingray shape tips on Fast Tech. Most of them have the wide bores, but there were some that were narrow bore as well.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Alright, alright. I'll admit that I'm slower than molasses in January. :( Does that mean that ya'll don't like me anymore ??

Whatchu talkin' 'bout (Willis)? HECK NO!!!!!

Did I miss something? Do you not like drip-tips, or are my socks & underwear the problem? :blink::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread