Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I emailed Digiflavor about the 22mm Siren. This is the response I received.

yes. we have stopped this product here as no big request. sorry.

2017-03-27
info
发件人:<wordpress@digiflavor.com>
发送时间:2017-03-26 01:55
主题:Digiflavor "Siren GTA 22mm"
收件人:"info"<info@digiflavor.com>
抄送:

Subject: Siren GTA 22mm

Message Body:
These are sold out everywhere. Are you discontinuing it? Also wanted the replacement glass tank, can't find it either.

So....are they talking about the glass tank or the 22mm Siren? I hope the glass tank....

Thanks for posting this Riplea. Even though I don't like the news, I am glad to know about it. I am so mad at myself now for waiting to buy more of them until I could get the SS 22s. I should have gone ahead and gotten some of the black ones too. The black ones look great, but I always felt like the SS ones were more versatile because I don't have any black mods.

About the spare glass -- the Kanger Subtank Mini spare glass works pretty well on the 22 mm Siren. My plan is to buy a bunch of the STM glass for it. I'll also buy a bunch of the o-rings for the 22 from The O-Ring Store.

I found some 22 mm Sirens at StinkyCanuck.com and sent a message asking them if they would ship to the U.S. They refused, despite my persistant nudging, so if anyone in Canada wants the 22 mm Siren, now is the time to order.

This makes me so sad!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Digiflavor Fuji GTA Genisis Tank Atomizer 6ml(single coil version) - $7.99

Decided to try one of these since I like the Siren so much. These cost almost $30 at FT for both the single and dual deck. This one at Efun costs $7.99 for the single. With shipping, it cost under $14 shipped to Canada. The airhole in this is massive but there are ways to reduce it down to an airy MTL. Figured why not give it a try for that cost. The dual is also on sale for the same amount.

Seems to me, when I was investigating these tanks, the Fuji did not appeal. If I am recalling correctly (which is somewhat doubtful), the Fuji was more of a cloud chasing machine, whereas the Siren was more TPuff. Ergo, I chose the Siren.

Now, however, I'm curious about your statement that there are ways to reduce it down to an airy MTL.

VEE HAVE VAYS (to make you tawk).

How would one do the reduction, ian dear one?

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
I looked at the fugi, but I want 22mm. I only have one of the Sirens...I could kick myself also. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I ordered an extra. Plus I had never made a coil before. I had no problem wicking this one, and I liked the draw on it. Oh well. Think I might email them again to make sure they understood what I was asking.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I looked at the fugi, but I want 22mm. I only have one of the Sirens...I could kick myself also. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I ordered an extra. Plus I had never made a coil before. I had no problem wicking this one, and I liked the draw on it. Oh well. Think I might email them again to make sure they understood what I was asking.

That's a good idea, but I heard the same thing from a vendor last night. I wasn't sure I believed them, because the communication was a bit garbled, but, now that you've heard it too, I believe it. It makes sense given the fact that it was impossible to get a date for availability of spare glass and o-rings.

I remember reading somewhere that Digiflavor was created with the MTL vaper in mind. If you do send them another email, would you mind asking them if the Digiflavor brand will cease to exist as well. Or, will Digiflavor continue to emphasize flavor products?

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Seems to me, when I was investigating these tanks, the Fuji did not appeal. If I am recalling correctly (which is somewhat doubtful), the Fuji was more of a cloud chasing machine, whereas the Siren was more TPuff. Ergo, I chose the Siren.

Now, however, I'm curious about your statement that there are ways to reduce it down to an airy MTL.

I reduce all of mine using grommets from Protank coils (pull out the 510 pin and then the grommet). Reduces the airflow down to 2.4mm. The Merlin had a 2.5mm reducer so if you could get a comfortable vape from that one, these would work. I use them on the Siren, Nebula Wine, Ace, Goblin mini and the Talos with a subtank RBA section. All of them have pretty well the same airflow.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I reduce all of mine using grommets from Protank coils (pull out the 510 pin and then the grommet). Reduces the airflow down to 2.4mm. The Merlin had a 2.5mm reducer so if you could get a comfortable vape from that one, these would work. I use them on the Siren, Nebula Wine, Ace, Goblin mini and the Talos with a subtank RBA section. All of them have pretty well the same airflow.

What the heck is a grommet, Ian?? Is it hard to pull out the pin? Will any version of the protank coil work? I've got a mini Protank 2, but I've never bought coils for it. Would Mini Protank 2 coils work?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
What the heck is a grommet, Ian?? Is it hard to pull out the pin? Will any version of the protank coil work? I've got a mini Protank 2, but I've never bought coils for it. Would Mini Protank 2 coils work?

Where do you put the grommet in the Siren?

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
If you do send them another email, would you mind asking them if the Digiflavor brand will cease to exist as well. Or, will Digiflavor continue to emphasize flavor products?

I already emailed them, but they have a US phone number. I may call them tomorrow.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I already emailed them, but they have a US phone number. I may call them tomorrow.

I may send a message asking the same thing. I just can't imagine there ever being an RTA that is as easy as the Siren in every way and delivers very good flavor. I have never had a dry hit with the Siren. I don't think I can say that about any other tank I've used ever, except for the eggroll.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Here's info on the Digiflavor Fuji Son from the Digiflavor site.

Digiflavor | Fuji son GTA

The Fuji Son is a smaller version of the Fuji. It has interchangable decks -- single or dual, but other than that and the smaller capacity, it appears to be the same as the original Fuji. The same can be said for the Fuji Son and the Siren. With the exception of the interchangeable decks and the missing diffuser, this appears to be almost the same, tank.

Please, would someone look at this info and tell me how likely you think it is that we could get a Siren quality vape from this thing? Especially using Ian's grommet trick, could it work?

Does anyone have both a 25 and 22 Siren? If so, would you mind checking to see if the 25 mm diffuser and the 22 mm diffuser are interchangeable?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Oh ian...... It sounds like I'd have to be a modder to do that. :facepalm:

A) I have no Protank coils (or Protank anything - never cared for them)

and 2) I don't have a Merlin reducer or a Merlin.

Thankfully (and I truly AM grateful), I like the air flow on all my tanks -- for differing reasons at different times.

Thank you tho!!!!

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I am thinking that the chimney on the Fuji is bigger than it is on the Siren, also the Drip Tip inner diameter, plus, the Fuji air flow ring might not seal as good as the Siren does, meaning, that when completely closed off, that there is still air coming in from around the air flow ring and into the air tube just under the coil (blow-by I call it), so on some of the Sub Ohm Tanks (which we are talking about here with the Fuji) there might be no way to get the air flow closed off enough for some of us, like JW and myself.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Seems strange, as these are very popular and only seen a few people who didn't rate them highly.

:sneaky:

:thumb:

I know, me too!

...three!

22 is my preference too. But then, I guess it would be. :blush:

What the heck is a grommet, Ian??

wallace-and-gromit1.jpg

It's gonna be hard to replace the Siren's (if the rumors are true), because so many of the Sub Ohm Tanks are designed for use with ready made coils now-a-days, also.

:thumb::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread