Diketones-free vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Totally Wicked posted all their results online last night (UK time) for flavours and e-juice.
Totally Wicked e-liquid Test Results Summary
Thank you. Excellent info for European members.
TW do also sell in the USA.
Digby's have posted results for all their juices on their site, on the product pages - they have made the comment:
We have found a trace amount ( less than 5 ppm ) of Acetyl Propinoyl in Mums Custard and while the amount is so small and does not pose any health risks we are currently working to make sure the recipe is free from this and tastes exactly the same.
Manabush have also published results
Manabush - Rich Sweet Tobacco Flavour Based E-Liquid for Vaping - Safety and Testing
They have said: We did detect small levels of acetoin in a few of the juices (mainly the ones with a custardy or buttery note). We are led to believe that it is not harmful in such levels (it occurs naturally in black currants, apples, butter, yogurt and asparagus) but it is thought that it could catalyse into very small amounts of diacetyl under extreme temperature. Manabush always recommends that our liquids are not vaped at too high a temperature to get the best flavour.
With knowledge available at present it would seem the risk from acetoin is small, we believe that you have a right to know that it is present in the liquids shown (as well as many other buttery and custard vapes). The truth of how harmful any of these chemicals are is hard to ascertain, all of the above mentioned chemicals can be found in traditional cigarettes - in larger quantities than normally found in e-liquids.
We are not unduly concerned with the trace amounts of acetoin found in a few of our liquids, but we are investigating reformulation of those liquids to try to eliminate it altogether in the future.
(not sure if these are available/ known or not in USA but are very popular in UK - apologies if already been posted)

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I think that the first post of this thread should be changed to a list form. One list of lab tested companies and a second list of companies that claim it but don't prove it.
Then it should be stickied
Agree on the first part and disagree on the second part. At this point vendor claims mean nothing. There are a few vendors who haven't published their own results but have had their juices tested clean by Vapor Shark though, and perhaps those vendors could be added too.

I think the only person who can request that from a moderator is the op though.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Well I thank those that suggested Mountain Oak Vapors..Been going through some of these and I'm impressed. Plenty of flavor and even the Strawberry Brulee is quite creamy without the use of DA/AP! :thumbs:

That Caramel MOVaccino is THE BOMB!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Reactions: Mazinny

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I thank those that suggested Mountain Oak Vapors..Been going through some of these and I'm impressed. Plenty of flavor and even the Strawberry Brulee is quite creamy without the use of DA/AP! :thumbs:

That Caramel MOVaccino is THE BOMB!

Well, I have tried several flavors from TPR and Ahlusion based on reading several of your posts. Thanks for the tips and taking the time to share your thoughts. You probably have tried Ahlusion's Tiramasu, but if not, it is very tasty! IMO, it has a nice coffee taste, not overpowering, and mimics the real dessert pretty darn well. Anyway, it may be time to try some MOV flavors in the very near future. Thanks again!

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I start with the one I know

http://www.mountainoakvapors.com

According to their site

Do your juices contain Diacetyl?

No. Our E-Liquids do NOT contain this and we avoid using any ingredients that may contain it. In early 2014 it was discovered that many in the flavor industry mark/advertise their products as 'Diacetyl Free', even though these flavor suppliers were giving us their word that these harmful and potentially harmful constituents did not exist in their products, third party independent testing showed otherwise. We now know that the only way to be certain that these compounds (or any potentially harmful compound) is not present in a particular flavor is to test the flavors ourselves.

That is what we do at Mountain Oak Vapors, all of our flavors are tested independently by a third party lab for Acetaldehyde, Acetyl Propionyl, Dicaetyl, Formaldehyde and in the future if we discover there may be other compounds to avoid, we will test for those as well. We are on the leading edge of science and E-Cigarette research as members of AEMSA (AEMSA | American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association) so you can rest assured when you are shopping with us that you are buying the highest quality e-liquid on the market.

So diketone free and every batch tested

Thank you for posting all of this information. I currently purchase my e liquid from Mt Baker Vapor who has claimed for years that they use diacetyl free flavoring, so I always felt pretty good about buying from them. I do like that now that there are more known possible harmful chemicals that people are making themselves aware of. I decided to branch out and try one of the flavors from Mountain Oak. The one thing I always really liked about Mt. Baker is they make your e liquid as soon as you order it and you can choose how much flavoring you want added as well as whether you want more or less PG or VG depending on personal preference. And then usually upon receiving my order I would have to let it steep awhile. It sounds like Mountain Oak makes big batches, so I am assuming I will not have to steep this e liquid? Not sure if anyone here orders from them. I am still slightly skeptical of any company's claims regardless of third party testing, but overall I still think it is the smarter choice for me to at least attempt to purchase the best "quality" liquid I can. I really like the personalization that Mt. Baker provides, but I am willing to try something new.

snickiton

Apr 22, 2015
PA
Just as an update from my poking around about what's been posted, and to offer some information:

<snip>

The Clean Vape:
So far, Clean Vape has only posted results on two of their juices. I'll try reaching out to see if they additional testing planned. At any rate, they offer a 30 PG / 70 VG for their juices.

<snip>

I personally want to make an effort to buy diketone-free, but I also want it in a high VG. I figured since I was doing the research and poking around, I'd summarize all of that for anyone else interested. Cheers.

I did a search through this giant thread to see if this has been mentioned. The Clean Vape just published 10 more reports. Their site isn't updated yet but they have a list of reports here. I recently ordered five flavors from them and they are all good, a couple are excellent. They had a good sale over July 4th and frequently offer discounts. All of their mixes are 70/30.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Thank you for posting all of this information. I currently purchase my e liquid from Mt Baker Vapor who has claimed for years that they use diacetyl free flavoring, so I always felt pretty good about buying from them. I do like that now that there are more known possible harmful chemicals that people are making themselves aware of. I decided to branch out and try one of the flavors from Mountain Oak. The one thing I always really liked about Mt. Baker is they make your e liquid as soon as you order it and you can choose how much flavoring you want added as well as whether you want more or less PG or VG depending on personal preference. And then usually upon receiving my order I would have to let it steep awhile. It sounds like Mountain Oak makes big batches, so I am assuming I will not have to steep this e liquid? Not sure if anyone here orders from them. I am still slightly skeptical of any company's claims regardless of third party testing, but overall I still think it is the smarter choice for me to at least attempt to purchase the best "quality" liquid I can. I really like the personalization that Mt. Baker provides, but I am willing to try something new.

W/out test reports we can't include mt. baker vapor as being diketone free. There are many flavor west flavorings (I believe MBV uses that company in some of their juices) that have diketones as well as acetoins

not saying yes or no about vaping it, just that this topic is about being able to vape as cleanly as possible........and the users in this topic want to see test results.

Reactions: kkay59

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
W/out test reports we can't include mt. baker vapor as being diketone free. There are many flavor west flavorings (I believe MBV uses that company in some of their juices) that have diketones as well as acetoins

not saying yes or no about vaping it, just that this topic is about being able to vape as cleanly as possible........and the users in this topic want to see test results.

So sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I wasn't suggesting them as a company to list with these others that report the lab results. I was just explaining that I used them and they make claims about their flavoring but after reading much of this post it made me realize I should branch out from this company I have always used (until they can provide lab results someday) and try one of the companies you all have shown here so I am at least trying to use liquid that is cleaner. Basically I was admitting I blindly went along with my favorite companies claims and now I'm willing to try something new and hopefully better :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Can somebody explain the NicVape "testing" procedures?

It looks like i can't get results until AFTER purchase (which is kinda useless if you ask me)

"Using our system is simple.

1) Locate the batch ID on your NicVape product

2) Enter the Batch ID and click “Lookup”

3) View and download our testing results."

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Can somebody explain the NicVape "testing" procedures?

It looks like i can't get results until AFTER purchase (which is kinda useless if you ask me)

"Using our system is simple.

1) Locate the batch ID on your NicVape product

2) Enter the Batch ID and click “Lookup”

3) View and download our testing results."
They go a lot further than most vendors that have the results posted once. They test every batch made and through this system you get the results of the exact liquid you are vaping. But yes, apparently you can't see results before you purchase, but i can't imagine they would sell a batch that hasn't tested nd for both AP and DA.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
So sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I wasn't suggesting them as a company to list with these others that report the lab results. I was just explaining that I used them and they make claims about their flavoring but after reading much of this post it made me realize I should branch out from this company I have always used (until they can provide lab results someday) and try one of the companies you all have shown here so I am at least trying to use liquid that is cleaner. Basically I was admitting I blindly went along with my favorite companies claims and now I'm willing to try something new and hopefully better :)

I did contact Mt. Baker to ask them some questions about their e-juice because their website only mentions their e-juice being diacetyl free but says nothing about acetoin and AP. The response I got ( I am not going to copy their reply because there is some legal disclaimer after the response so I'm just going to keep out of that) is that they have a manufacturer declaration that the base flavors are free of all of these, but the good news is, I was told ( we shall see) that they are currently working on having their e-liquids tested to be able to give their customers full disclosure of their e-liquid contents. I replied back to ask if they were going to post these reports so we can directly access them from their website, and haven't received a response back yet. ( I was not given the names of which flavor manufacturers they use as I asked) BUT, I really hope they do the lab testing and post the results and they are truly clean of all of these substances as they state. I have purchased from them for quite awhile and hope to continue to later. For now I plan to use Mountain Oak (still have yet to receive my liquid order) if I like their juice then I will play it safe until my favorite company shows me some good reports!!!! Lol.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Just tried unflavored for the first time. 6mg/ml 50/50. It actually is preety good. Almost no taste at all, slight sweetnes. I can see myself vaping this and just treat mysef with flavoured fom time to time.
once you get used to vaping unflavored, you'd be surprised how much flavor you'll get by adding a few drops of your favorite flavored juice to a tank of unflavored. A lot cheaper too.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
That's where a bottom-feeder comes in handy. Put unflavored in the bottle. Vape it some. Drip in a drop or two of flavored liquid. Squonk in unflavored as needed to keep the vape up. You'll be amazed how long a drop or two the flavored liquid lasts. Since I first tried this a year ago, I always have one with unflavored in the bottle and typically cut flavored juices 50/50 with unflavored.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
once you get used to vaping unflavored, you'd be surprised how much flavor you'll get by adding a few drops of your favorite flavored juice to a tank of unflavored. A lot cheaper too.

That's where a bottom-feeder comes in handy. Put unflavored in the bottle. Vape it some. Drip in a drop or two of flavored liquid. Squonk in unflavored as needed to keep the vape up. You'll be amazed how long a drop or two the flavored liquid lasts. Since I first tried this a year ago, I always have one with unflavored in the bottle and typically cut flavored juices 50/50 with unflavored.

Me three. Except I'm starting with a light menthol instead of unflavored. Sometimes I'll pull the drip tip on my Kayfun and just drip in 2 drops of some over-flavored vendor liquid. By the time the added flavor peters out, I'm usually tired of it and ready to go back to my stock mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread