Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is my current stance on vaping eliquids with trace amounts of diketones. I haven't completely culled my suppliers that still have a couple with trace amounts. Using The Plume Room as an example. Like Charlie Noble a few of those have trace amounts of AP or Acetoin ..not more than 300ppm per ml and that's a very small amount:

According to NIOSH the safe limit is 3-7ppb so I feel safe in my decision to vape those in moderation.
Eventually I will go 100% diketones free, but as long as TPR and Charlie Noble are giving me the heads up on just how much is in the flavors that do have trace amounts, I feel comfortable vaping that suppliers eliquids.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/flavorings/exposure.html

remind me again how ppb translates to ug/ml?

Reactions: AngiBe

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I posted a link but those that have decided to cull their vendors aren't interested. Why are you?!?

It is good to have it posted as a resource for others. I am actually helping a newbie right now.

Does it matter? ;)

BTW, I culled my vendors first time around due to a few not knowing very much about their own product. Then in 2012-2013 if I received "lackidaisical" service like no answer to an email about an order I put in. Then again in 2014 when Dr F said that DAP doesn't belong in eliquid. Then again, when I went to 0% nic recently.

So there has been quite a lot of "culling" going on that has nothing to do with test results, but more to do with quality of service and product in general, as well as professionalism and knowledge of the people mixing it. :)

Believe me, I've vaped a LOT of "product" since July of 2012. About 75% of it an error I don't care to repeat.

Thanks Steve.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Thanks for this thing. Now I gotta figure out how to use it

Maybe some of the eliquid vendors will figure out how to use it. :lol:

I mean, just because you had a carpet cleaning business before this doesn't mean you know how to mix eliquid that is going into somebody else's body. :)sarcasm: but only kinda sorta) :lol:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
It is good to have it posted as a resource for others. I am actually helping a newbie right now.

Does it matter? ;)

BTW, I culled my vendors first time around due to a few not knowing very much about their own product. Then in 2012-2013 if I received "lackidaisical" service like no answer to an email about an order I put in. Then again in 2014 when Dr F said that DAP doesn't belong in eliquid. Then again, when I went to 0% nic recently.

So there has been quite a lot of "culling" going on that has nothing to do with test results, but more to do with quality of service and product in general, as well as professionalism and knowledge of the people mixing it. :)

Believe me, I've vaped a LOT of "product" since July of 2012. About 75% of it an error I don't care to repeat.

Thanks Steve.
Same here and NOPE, it don't matter one bit. Unless you were trolling.
[emoji12]

I guess those of us that have been vaping a couple or three years still haven't done as much damage as if we were smoking. But, the safest alternative is to just breathe air.
I'm not quite ready to do that one, because I don't trust myself. I'd pick the ciggs right back up at the first stressful situation I got myself into. And two, because I quite enjoy vaping.
I doubt my mods get cold anytime soon.
[emoji16]

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DagMatt

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I doubt my mods get cold anytime soon.
That's a good line right there.

Not sure if you're referring to it never leaving your hand...
Or the atomizer never getting a chance to cool off...

Two different things for some people.
The former referring to a pacifier of sorts, and the latter to chain vaping.

Regardless, a little double entrendre goes a long way.
:)

Reactions: Sirius

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Maybe some of the eliquid vendors will figure out how to use it. :lol:

I mean, just because you had a carpet cleaning business before this doesn't mean you know how to mix eliquid that is going into somebody else's body. :)sarcasm: but only kinda sorta) :lol:

They know full well what they are putting in their e-liquid, what tastes good and what sells...

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
That's a good line right there.

Not sure if you're referring to it never leaving your hand...
Or the atomizer never getting a chance to cool off...

Two different things for some people.
The former referring to a pacifier of sorts, and the latter to chain vaping.

Regardless, a little double entrendre goes a long way.
:)
The mods only rest when I do. And I'm a light sleeper.
[emoji3]
In reference to my habbit of holding onto one of the squonkers, whether vaping or not. They seldom leave my hands lol.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stevegmu

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
Not sure if this has been posted however Baker White has thier lab reports available in a clickable list.
http://bakerwhiteinc.com/lab-reports/

Also, Odin, and Counter Culture the 2 latest lines do not seem to be on this list. The lab reports for these flavors can be found under the product pages.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Same here and NOPE, it don't matter one bit. Unless you were trolling.
[emoji12]

L I vaped titanium dixoide (unknowingly) because it was placed in my ejuice........and I take THAT pretty seriously. After that, my shields went up. Big time.

So no, not trolling :lol:

Of course back before Dr. F.s test results in 2014, even bringing up the Diacetyl subject was considered trolling by some :lol: Read the topics from 2011-2014 ........

no surprise most of the people who were passionate about DAP not being in ejuice are no longer here, they probably took more than their share of flames and just got tired of defending it.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
AEMSA does not require flavor testing they only encourage it check their website and you will see. Besides the company's that are "diacetyl free" are simply replacing the chemical with a similar less understood chemical in the class of butyl carboxylic acids. They are less understood but present less readily understood health risks and offer the same flavoring "buttery" flavor. It's kind of the lessor of two evils scenario. Personally I don't think most people understand how this flavoring business works because the chemicals are not replaceable with some magic compound that is healthy. There isn't an easy fix here and there is always risk. Science doesn't understand very much of what we put in our bodies even though they are learning more all the time. Just some thoughts from your friendly neighborhood chemist.
But it a vendor has a AEMSA certification and/or are listed on AEMSA site they don't have know harmful chemicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread