Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have tried quite a few of the Diketone-free liquids, and I haven't found a good custard yet, so I'm going to try and DIY that one. If you like Watermelon, I would highly recommend Mountain Oak Vapor's Water Malone, very tasty and lots of vapor, as it's high VG.

I think what vapers have come to consider a ' custard ' is synonymous with diketones, meaning it's what makes a custard. I doubt you can get what you are looking for with a diketone free vanilla custard flavor from FA or whomever. Don't mean to sound too pessimistic, but i have spoken with a few DIY'ers and they all agree.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think what vapers have come to consider a ' custard ' is synonymous with diketones, meaning it's what makes a custard. I doubt you can get what you are looking for with a diketone free vanilla custard flavor from FA or whomever. Don't mean to sound too pessimistic, but i have spoken with a few DIY'ers and they all agree.

Well that is true, and which requires changing your tastes somewhat ...... just like people who have had heart attacks cut back on their fats and salt, etc.

There are so many flavors to be had, it's not the end of the world to change one's flavor profile if one believes not doing so may have deleterious health effects.

I've had no problem weaning myself off diketone and acetyl proprianol containing liquids....just like I weaned off junk food as i got older and wanted to stay slim and keep my cholesterol levels down. :)

Everyone needs to do what they need to do.....or not.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have tried quite a few of the Diketone-free liquids, and I haven't found a good custard yet, so I'm going to try and DIY that one. If you like Watermelon, I would highly recommend Mountain Oak Vapor's Water Malone, very tasty and lots of vapor, as it's high VG.

I was wondering about that one, Jonner. I think I need to try it now! I will add a little bit of minty-ness to it.......or does it have that already?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Well that is true, and which requires changing your tastes somewhat ...... just like people who have had heart attacks cut back on their fats and salt, etc.

There are so many flavors to be had, it's not the end of the world to change one's flavor profile if one believes not doing so may have deleterious health effects.

I've had no problem weaning myself off diketone and acetyl proprianol containing liquids....just like I weaned off junk food as i got older and wanted to stay slim and keep my cholesterol levels down. :)

Everyone needs to do what they need to do.....or not.

I was never really into custards to begin with thankfully, but clearly many are. The diketone free custards by MOV and others have gotten mixed reviews by custard fans, but there are some that enjoyed them. So far as i know there are at least three vendors ( MOV, Vapor Bar and Juice Mafia ) that offer them currently and I will try one soon out of curiosity, but there are so many other delicious flavors out there.

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands

whatsupbras

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Has anyone heard of Bleux?

This is from their site:
"About Us

First off, Bleux Vapor is pronounced "Blue vapor", I named the company after my dog Bleux. I wanted to name her blue, but that is too simple of a name, so I decided to put a twist on the spelling.

My name is Tyler and this all started back in early 2014 as I decided to get into making my own e-liquids, due to the extremely high pricing of most of the "premium" brands of e-liquid on the market. I have always had a pretty good palate and can differentiate between flavors and changes that other companies should make to their juice to make them better and even more appealing in taste. Even some of my favorite brands and recipes still needed a bit of tweaking in my opinion. So I started off trying to clone a bunch of my favorite vendor's juices just by going on taste, color and smell alone. Sure, I tried looking up most of the recipes I was trying to clone, but the only one I found anyone had even tried yet was honey pearry by The Vapor Chef (awesome company and great juice by the way). As my flavor selection started growing and my knowledge of each flavoring by each company started to expand, I actually started making my own blends and recipes just by how I though the different flavor profiles would pair with each other. My horchata-tas flavor is actually what really started having people urge me to start up my own business and sell my liquid. The best part, was it wasn't even a clone attempt of anything, it was actually just a random assortment of flavorings I thought would taste great together.

The more that people tried my juice, the harder they kept pushing me to actually start up my own business and start selling the stuff, so after perfecting my recipes more and more, I decided I should just go ahead and go for it since it is a wonderful hobby and something I really enjoy doing. Also, others quite enjoy my creations as well! I have been working my way up from the very bottom and am now at the point of where I feel comfortable officially selling my creations! Some of my recipes are clone attempts I had that I tweaked to make much better than the originals, while others are unique recipes of my very own.

All of my liquids are diketone free and artificial sweetener/additive free. I am highly against any artificial sweeteners and additives, as I feel they do nothing but hurt the juice. They can gunk up coils, mute flavors over time, cause flavors to taste weird and are also one extra unnecessary thing to worry about health-wise. I like my juice to be as simple as possible with the highest quality ingredients available. Vegetable Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, flavorings and nicotine (if requested) are the only ingredients in every one of my juices."

Says it is diketone and artificial sweetener-additive free.

Does anyone have any experience with this vendor?

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I was happy to see some vendors at least being REAL CLEAR about what their juice contains. I just went to enter this contest and then started reading their juiice descriptions.......and they really tell you what you need to know. In post #31, while entering the contest, I did let them know that it is *appreciated* :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rum/655746-ejuice-giveaway-vapehub-texas.html

Agree I was pleased to see that too and have been checking them out for future orders.

segadad

Mar 4, 2015
PA
Just a shout out to all you folks for putting in the time on this post. Only into vaping a few months and already hopelessly addicted to a vanilla custard I stumbled across. I should not have been surprised to see there might be a problem. I refuse to go back to cigarettes but I'm sure I'll come across something else that'll keep me occupied. Again, many thanks since I have a hard time seeing vendors as staunch guardians of my health.:ohmy:

segadad

Mar 4, 2015
PA
I wouldn't hurry to put Seduce Juice on the list. Just checked them and out of 19 juices:

1.Only two are tested for both diacetyl and acetyl propionyl.
2.Six have no lab results.
3.The rest are only checked for diacetyl.

So I wouldn't include them in "diketones-free" list.

I see the vanilla custard is tested for both. Could this be the answer to my vanilla custard addiction? :) Has anybody tried it? The reviews look pretty good. Thanks V!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Alot of these vendors are pretty pricey

Can anyone recommend the best CHEAP diketones free vendor?

Once you "learn" the flavorings, you can pretty much order the juices that don't contain acetyl proprianol and other diketones. Spend time reading at TPA/TFA......you will see banana bread, gummy bears, etc. don't have that stuff.......you figure it out slowly. The really cheap eliquid companies use flavor west, and they cannot attest to being safe. Stick with flavour arts and TPA/TFA. She even has caramels and bavarian cream that is free from acetoins, acetyl proprianol, etc. now!

By the way, Pure Vapes sells small sample sizes of Flavour Arts.......I forgot to mention that, 3ml each I think.

It does require changing your taste buds because w/out diketones you are just NOT going to get that mouth-feel....marshmallow has them, too, etc.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm still pretty upset that I vaped Titanium dioxide in Cutwood's Unicorn Milk ---- that is a mistake that should never have been made, with juice that should never have gone out the door. :( Thankfully, I only got it right before I found out so I didn't vape much of it. I will never order from them again, no matter what they do now.

by the way for educational purposes, this is a really good topic (closed now). Unfortunately we2arecool and head in clouds are not here anymore, but they did a lot of research:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...etyl-proprionyl-diacetyl-acetoine-help-5.html

Last edited:

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Got sent home from work early due to weather...so I finally made it through all 18 pages of this post.

To echo some other posts... Thanks for starting and perpetuating this thread!

As a noobish vaper, I've lots to learn. Being 37 days into analog cessation after 3 decades, I surely don't want to trade one problem for another.

For the folks who asked about "cheap" juice, it's somewhat relative, like steak and hamburger. Quality ingredients are more costly.

That said, because of this thread, I did just order from Juicemafia. They are having a special for 2 50ml bottles (non-premium) for $25 and free shipping for orders over $30. That seems like a very good cost per ml for a higher quality juice.

Now the torturous wait for vapemail delivery....

Jay

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Jay, since you posted that message, I couldn't resist. I am trying out their juice too. That is an awesome price. So I am getting two 50ml bottles. They have free shipping for over 30 dollars. So I also got a 10ml juice, and a sticker. That came to 30.99, and I got free shipping too. I had planned on trying this company in the future. But hearing about the sale did it. :2cool:

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
NE
I'm still pretty upset that I vaped Titanium dioxide in Cutwood's Unicorn Milk ---- that is a mistake that should never have been made, with juice that should never have gone out the door. :( Thankfully, I only got it right before I found out so I didn't vape much of it. I will never order from them again, no matter what they do now.

by the way for educational purposes, this is a really good topic (closed now). Unfortunately we2arecool and head in clouds are not here anymore, but they did a lot of research:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...etyl-proprionyl-diacetyl-acetoine-help-5.html

I got sick from their unicorn milk about 2 months ago. Nauseous, dizzy, just plain feeling like ...., so I of course got online for answers and that's when I found out about the TiO fiasco. Had I known beforehand, I definitely wouldn't have purchased, and TBH, I still don't think their juice is safe since it's the first juice that affected me(have tried lots!). cuttwood is completely dead to me now. Would not vape if they were giving it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread