Dilute e-juice with water?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Papagoatee, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Papagoatee

Papagoatee Senior Member ECF Veteran

18mg feels too harsh for me. Possible to dilute my e-juice with water instead?

2. Moonflame

Moonflame Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It would be better to pick up some PG or Glycerin at your local Pharmacy or Walmart, just make sure you get food grade or USP grade. If you use water it'll end up being way too thin. Craft shops that sell cake decorating supplies also have small bottles of glycerin for about $2.

3. Charged

Charged Super Member ECF Veteran

Distilled water works fine. In fact PG contains distilled water. Yes it will thin the juice, but for most that's not a big deal.

4. Papagoatee

Papagoatee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Let me try and post the results. Thanks guys.

5. Shortstuff116

Shortstuff116 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I now purchase all my juice in 18mg and cut it 50/50 with pure VG. It vapes like a monster and even though the flavor is also cut in half, it's still a good vape for me!

:thumb:

6. PaulCincy

PaulCincy Super Member ECF Veteran

Okay, the cutting 18mg with pure VG sounds great for this VG vapor...Where can I find pure VG besides the dealers here? Does local stores carry it...i.e. Walgreens, Wal-Mart, or those healthy food stores as in Whole Foods? Thanks and Enjoy..

7. Shortstuff116

Shortstuff116 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've purchased and used (many times) the HUMCO brand Glycerine from WalMart. It will have the "USP" on the label and is located in the pharmacy section. I had trouble finding it at first and asked the Pharmicist where it was and she took me right to it.

:thumb:

8. Moonflame

Moonflame Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I use the HUMCO Glycerin too and have had no problems with it. I got my local pharmacist to order me a pint and I think it was about $18. It's lasted me for almost 10 months of adding it to commercial liquids and making DIY liquids. You can also get it right off the shelf at Walmart for either $6 or $8 for 6 oz. It's usually in the Pharmacy section in the hand cream section, but if you can't find it ask the pharmacist, because soemtimes it's in a different place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.