Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can you dilute nicotine e-liquid with distilled water? If so how much water can be added? I am thinking about diluting some vg liquid in half. And how many ml's are in a liter?
Thanks in advance for any replies:).

Susan

Absolutely you can.

In fact, I think my DIY Recipes taste Better when I use VG diluted with Water versus VG diluted with PG.

As to how much Water? I dunno. VG varies in its Viscosity. I just add water Slowly till it looks about the Same as PG. Maybe 5% for the VG I buy.

NOTE: As with ALL things DIY, it's Best to do a Small Test Batch instead of diluting a Liter your 1st Time.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Can you dilute nicotine e-liquid with distilled water? If so how much water can be added? I am thinking about diluting some vg liquid in half. And how many ml's are in a liter?
Thanks in advance for any replies:).

Susan

Milli means 1,000th. 1 ml is one-thousandth of a liter. So, 1,000 ml in one liter.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I vape 80%Vg/20% a combo of flavoring and distilled water. That 20% could be 3% flavor, and 17% distilled water, for example.

The key for me very early on was to make sure VG heavy juice will wick properly in any atomizer be it a tank, carto, ... whatever we use. I am PG sensitive so Ive been mixing VG a long time now and at 80%vg/20% everything else you should never have wicking issues.

Frankly Ive added as much as 20% DW to plain vg just to see if I could and it was just fine.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Are you going to cut your VG with water before making juice? I suggest to always leave your VG whole. Dont cut it with water. Add your DW when you mix juices.

Last edited:

philderbeest

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
NE, USA
I go along with buffaloguy, if I'm cutting VG I do it to 20% (80% VG 20% mixer). Also agree with twisted times. Old school way is DW will give you more vapor, quality alcohol (vodka is my choice) gives more throat hit. I find quality vodka does not impart any flavour into my mixes and don't be afraid to use a mixture of both DW and alcohol. It also allows you to better gauge mixing if you are using the drop method as you will have a more regulatory size of drop.
Maybe things have progressed now so if there are any new diluting methods I apologise.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What's the approx ratio os spirits and DW?

I will tomorrow and speed steep in ultrasonic cleaner.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Hard to say because I don't know what you are Starting with? Some VG is Very Thick. Others are not so much.

Maybe start with 10 or 15% and see how it looks in the Bottle.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
because not everyone is a super math expert

I don't mind doing Math. Kinda like it to tell the Truth.

But I would Rather apply the Effort of Calculating Nested Proportion to finding ways to make DIY Simpler. I also like to do Math Once whenever Possible. Rather than having to do Math every time to achieve the Same Goal.

If a person sits down in a Quite place and thinks about DIY, they can Probably come up with some ideas of how to Simplify the process Without compromising the Final Product.

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
I don't mind doing Math. Kinda like it to tell the Truth.

But I would Rather apply the Effort of Calculating Nested Proportion to finding ways to make DIY Simpler. I also like to do Math Once whenever Possible. Rather than having to do Math every time to achieve the Same Goal.

If a person sits down in a Quite place and thinks about DIY, they can Probably come up with some ideas of how to Simplify the process Without compromising the Final Product.

Looks like I need to get in your back pocket and hitch a ride. Just leave the math minimal and with calculator. I'm good with the rest.

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
DIY Doesn't have to be Hard.

What if I told you there was a Way to do DIY that Didn't involve any Math.

No no. I'm not afraid of doing some. Doesn't bother me. I'm just not doing it without a calculator. I'll spend hours on one or several tossing figures. 11-12 flavors you don't have any choice. Or I don't. And you better believe I'm writing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread