Dimitri Goes Off on Rant About Dishonest Liquid Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
When you buy a MT Dew are you making an investment? No but whomever sells it to you is making a profit. Same with ejuice. C9 no sell 5P ejuice which people want they no make profit.
Do you make a profit not selling something?

I am ignorant on lots of things, but I am not stupid.
you cant be that ignorant. if they eliminate the competition
they make more money.
blow a whole through that.
regards
mike

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
you cant be that ignorant. if they eliminate the competition
they make more money.
blow a whole through that.
regards
mike

There is a Big 'If" in your Theory.

Do you Really Think that Five Pawns is going to Fold Up there Tent over all this?

Because if you Don't, then there is the "Hole".

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Not sure Exactly what you are Saying?

But If it mean Cloud9 spending Money on a Laboratory Test, could it be that they Wanted the Public to know for Health Reasons?

Sure, Money Drives the World. But if I felt that High Levels of AP are Harming People. And Felt that Vapers Should Know. Is it so Out of the Question that I would Spend 200 Bucks on a Lab Report to Alert Vapers?

Just one Possibility.
absolutely not.
if they were really concerned about us they would have
only tested their juice and left the decisions to us.
by doing what they did is proof they think we are
a bunch of sheep.
go get em'.
:2c:
regards
mike

Reactions: BackDoc

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
there is no doubt in my mind that Coud9 and vapershark are
playing on the fears of their customers.
there is also no doubt in my mind that they do not
expect a return on their investment.
just saying the obvious.
regards
mike

Well... if there is No Doubt in your Mind. Than it Doesn't sound like you are Willing to Consider any Other possibilities.

That's Cool.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Well... if there is No Doubt in your Mind. Than it Doesn't sound like you are Willing to Consider any Other possibilities.

That's Cool.
there is no doubt in my mind by saying popcorn lung
you have thought you won by default.
look i like you.
lets just agree to disagree.
i consider all the possibilities.
i am a big picture guy.
the big picture indicates its all good.
anyway,time to hit the rack.
tomorrow and regards,
mike

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
your side of the aisle wants FDA to drive the bus, but says you don't,
I'll ignore the implication that myself and others are lying. Responding appropriately gets post closed and ceases intelligent discussion for everyone.

But, you see this as Choice A or Choice B. Wild wild west, or Fascist regime. I have CLEARLY said that I'd like some compromise that addresses the problem without A or B. I have openly asked for suggestions that would find some middle ground. I won't push YOU any further in this direction, as I don't want to sprain your imagination.

Score one for Team ANTZ.

Ahhh! Antz! Everybody run, it's the ANTZ boogeyman. We don't even need to discuss anything further, now that this card has been played.

The solution you all appear to be suggesting (putting it as nicely and accurately as I can is): industry / vendors, must be made aware that consumers will not tolerate any DA / AP in liquid.

Reading is fundamental. I don't think we should tolerate DA / AP in juices that are advertised to be FREE of them. Nothing more. You may want to scroll back. They can put all the DA / AP in that they want. I just want to know it is in there.

Won't anyone think of the children?
Won't anyone think of the children?
:rolleyes:

But seriously, if a vaper does get hurt, I'd 100% blame the vendor for their product and decision to sell it.The vaper obviously didn't do anything wrong, and is not responsible for their decisions to vape. I heard BT got them addicted to nic in the first place.

It would appear that this is sarcasm and you don't really believe that at all.

If a manufacturer states that their product is AP and DA free, and it is not, and a vaper comes down with Bronchitis Obliterans? My money is on 12 out every 12 jurors reaching exactly that conclusion. And rightfully so. No doubt, product liability lawsuits have gotten out of control. But fraud on the part of the manufacturer? There is no question as to this being a valid case where both actual and punitive damages should be assessed.

FDA, The Children, ANTZ... You may have missed a buzzword or two in there. I'm sure they'll be in your reply. Scaremongering apparently works both ways.

Hopefully, someone creative comes up with a solution that doesn't require your A OR B scenarios, and the needs of everyone can be addressed. I agree that all the details you mentioned are unnecessarily onerous on the small operations, and should be avoided if at all possible. The tobacco lobbyists are hoping for JUST that, and if we can't come up with a reasonable solution that satisfies everyone it will become the default. I'm certain that A is NOT possible, and B is not in our best interest either.

Reactions: Woofer

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Hate to break in on this party with a stupid question, but Who is Dimitri ? Is he a chemist of "sorts"
Dimitris and I can't even spell his last name. He is one of the best known and most active proponents for vaping around. He is known also as The Vaping greek on You tube. I think he owns a vape shop or two and has the Mountain Oak line of ejuice and maybe more? I could be wrong on that though.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
How has this become a political debate? :blink:

If you make non factual claims about your product for my consumption, you're a scumbag not worthy of me parting with my money and deserve all the repercussions of being caught... and apparently more according to the ridiculousness seen right here. :glare:

I can't believe 5 pawns (as one example) will be able to stay in business after this. :blink:

As consumers, we're getting what we're asking for as a unit.

< >Thanks guys for demanding transparency and truth in marketing. /sarcasm :glare:

Tapatyped

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
How has this become a political debate? :blink:

If you make non factual claims about your product for my consumption, you're a scumbag not worthy of me parting with my money and deserve all the repercussions of being caught... and apparently more according to the ridiculousness seen right here. :glare:

I can't believe 5 pawns (as one example) will be able to stay in business after this. :blink:

As consumers, we're getting what we're asking for as a unit.

< >Thanks guys for demanding transparency and truth in marketing. /sarcasm :glare:

Tapatyped
I kinda thought it was pretty much a political debate all along. But then I am ignorant ;)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
@LouisLeBeau Do you agree that there is, at the very least, not a consensus that D/AP are a known risk in vaping?
Since there is no consensus, what exactly is wrong with this scenario:
You don't want to vape D/AP, you seek out liquids that state they are D/AP free, and have lab results to prove it? If you come across a liquid that you think you want to buy, but they do not state that they are D/AP free, you can either not buy it, or contact the vendor and ask.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I kinda thought it was pretty much a political debate all along. But then I am ignorant ;)
IMO, there's nothing to debate.

We don't know the effects/possibilities of these compounds.

We haven't a leg to stand on in the X causes Y campaign.

But when v lies because of g, it's pretty clear they care about their profits more than where said profits come from.

I would think that most consumers would see that as a red flag and immediate cause for refusal to support such lack of scruples.

Apparently such simple concepts are beyond the glaring intellect of far too many in this society.

Otherwise, our counterparts of the 1960s would have put an immediate halt to the profits of said institutions.

Were they on hal ucinogens and not able to think clearly? Yes... but they saw the big picture in a K.I.S.S. motif with a certain err of effectiveness.

If there is a debate here, it's only because somehow we allow it. :facepalm:

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread