Direct Drip Cart Mod (DDC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I wonder how these cheap tips would work. The first and the third look promising.

Hookah-Mouthtips-M.jpg

Hookah Mouthpiece and Mouth Tips (10 pack) - Mouth Tips and Filters at Hookah-Shisha.com

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
This is great. The rubber almost seems to act as insulation on my silver 901 attys, which get way hotter than the black ones.

Seems like I'm tasting a little rubber, but it's probably just because I'm inhaling through "new" rubber. I'd imagine this will go away after an hour or so.

Good work!

Penstate fan I see.......... yea the rubber taste will come back everyday but only the first few inhales then you wont notice it.... but it works. This also gave me an idea that ive been working on using the small 3 ml bottles. I wish there were 1 - 2 ml bottles because I could implement this idea into a fully functional dripping cart. which would be sweet.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
can someone throw out a brand of pen that works for 510?
went to the store and there were a lot that looked like they would work. but i couldn't tell which ones had the screw off tips.
the few pens i found around my house and at work with rubber grips didn't seem to work that well.
The pens I got turned out to have the grips glued onto the pen.
So I had to go medieval on them with pliers.

But they were a good size, so if you want them: Pilot G-2s

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Can't you just take the cart apart and remove the middle and use this. I just take the two caps off of the cart and drip directly onto the atomizer.

Yep. Here's what I do with 510 and 901 carts:

1) Remove filler.
2) Shave a mm or so off the atomizer end, so no worries about melting.
3) Remove the inserts from the mouth end.
4) Cut or drill out the bottom of the reservoir. Make sure to get all the little plastic pieces, or shavings cleaned out. What you wind up with is a (mostly) empty tube without anything to obstruct the juice drops from falling directly onto the bridge. If you look through the mouth end, it will look something like this, depending on the style of cart:

4312202222_986454d981_m.jpg

It needs to be cleaned every now and then, but that's the only time it needs to be removed.

If you have problems with carts that don't fit your 901 very snugly, just get something like these Kobalt 8" long-nosed pliers from Lowe's:

4309283534_64c85f2248_o.jpg

Put the very end, just a mm or so, of the cart end of your 901 atomizer into that circular void by the cutting blades. Squeeze very gently until you see the tiniest bit of flex in the metal. You're not trying to make a visible change to the atomizer, here, just flex the metal a bit.

Now give the atty a 1/4 turn or so, and do it again.

Test.

Now my carts fit almost too tightly, but that's perfect for dripping. There is no visible sign that you have done anything to the atty.

Also, I have on of [these] on order from JC. I think they will make dripping even handier, since you won't have to mess around with screwing and unscrewing a bottle cap. Just whip this puppy out of your pocket, squeeze a drop into your atty, and vape!

10_115_large.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is going to be a super dumb questions, but after you put the drops into this funnel like the picture below. You then just take it off and put an empty cartridge on for the mouth piece part right?
You can if you want, but using the pen grip for a mouthpiece is really nice.
And besides, the point of this method is that you don't have to remove the mouthpiece to drip.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread