Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't get it yet, when you use the pen grip as the mouth piece are you just pulling out the funnel?
I leave the funnel in there the whole time.
I have it so it is sitting just above the bridge of the atomizer.

The best way to position it so it is sitting just above the atomizer bridge is to put the pen grip on where you want it to sit, then push the funnel down until it stops going further because it is touching the bridge, then back it out a little bit with tweezers.

The trick is to cut the pipette in just the right places.

I like to have my funnels be flush with the top of my pen grip, and as wide as possible while still being able to push them in with some effort and so they are a little hard to pull out even with tweezers, thus assuring a tight fit. That way once you have them where you want them they aren't going to move.

You also want to make sure to use the straightest pipettes you have.
I toss any that aren't perfectly straight.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
All you need for a 510 direct drip cart is a jewellers screwdriver set, a cigar lighter and a 510 cart. Take out the top grommet (leave the lower one in place) and the fluval, then merely heat up the smallest screwdriver and melt a small hole thru to the liquid chamber. Do the same with the next biggest screwdriver to make the hole a tad bigger. Keep doing that with progressively bigger screwdrivers in the set until you have a perfectly circular hole through the cart, and BINGO. One dd cart.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think the funnel is pointless on this mod. It does not effect on how long you can vape, and or does it effect the flavor.
The funnel allows you to drip directly onto the bridge instead of getting the juice all over your pen grip.
It also acts as a backflow inhibitor so you never get juice in your mouth no matter how hard you try.

But to each their own.
:)

Last edited:

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
The funnel allows you to drip directly onto the bridge instead of getting the juice all over your pen grip.
It also acts as a backflow inhibitor so you never get juice in your mouth no matter how hard you try.

But to each their own.
:)

I've been doing this for what seems forever now. You don't really get it on the pen grip, and if you do it just slides down into the atty. You also never get juice in your mouth no matter how hard you vape.:)

To each their own....just saying

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been doing this for what seems forever now. You don't really get it on the pen grip, and if you do it just slides down into the atty. You also never get juice in your mouth no matter how hard you vape.:)

To each their own....just saying
I use a bigger pen grip for my 510 atomizers and I don't use a funnel, I just pull the pen grip off and drip, then put the pen grip back on. I also use a smaller pen grip with a funnel for my smaller 306 atomizers. The fit on these smaller pen grips is much tighter.

Regardless of how long you or I have been doing this, if you drip the juice inside the pen grip and it winds up running down the sides it will start leaking out around the edges where the pen grip connects. And then it will start to get very slick, and move around, and slide up and down real easy, and even come right off if it gets slick enough.

Even using my 510 without the funnel, the one where I actually slip the pen grip off to drip, just the simple condensation from the vapor alone starts to make this happen and I have to take the pen grip off and wipe down the outside of the atomizer a little bit every now and then.

If that never happens to you, that's great.

You may not like the funnel, you may not need the funnel, but it is not useless to me.

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
I use a bigger pen grip for my 510 atomizers and I don't use a funnel, I just pull the pen grip off and drip, then put the pen grip back on. I also use a smaller pen grip with a funnel for my smaller 306 atomizers. The fit on these smaller pen grips is much tighter.

Regardless of how long you or I have been doing this, if you drip the juice inside the pen grip and it winds up running down the sides it will start leaking out around the edges where the pen grip connects. And then it will start to get very slick, and move around, and slide up and down real easy, and even come right off if it gets slick enough.

Even using my 510 without the funnel, the one where I actually slip the pen grip off to drip, just the simple condensation from the vapor alone starts to make this happen and I have to take the pen grip off and wipe down the outside of the atomizer a little bit every now and then.

If that never happens to you, that's great.

You may not like the funnel, you may not need the funnel, but it is not useless to me.

I was using the pen grip mod, but now I like the regular cart mod better. Just hollowing out a regular round cart and then adding the pippette to help with dripping straight onto the bridge.
I have to agree though, the pippette funnel makes all the difference.
I don't get juice all over the outside of the addy anymore, just have to make sure to put a drop in there every 5 or so pulls and im good to go.
Works like a champ!

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
just made mine with a 2.5 ml eye dropper that they give out free at walgreens for kids meds, have a whole box under the counter. anyway, flush it up like the pipette, but the eye dropper you have to cut with a saw or dremel wheel. took it out to the shop and presto, one hard plastic funnel that really works well. thanx for the original idea, can't wait until my chuck gets here!!! this mod is better than the blue foam mod, but i still use it at work. laterz

midnightonmars

Jun 8, 2010
IL
I tried using the pen grip with the tip inside yesterday. It seemed to work at first but quickly became more of a nuisance. The liquid seemed to stick in the funnel so less of it was actually reaching the atty. Also, it seemed I had to drip more often and the taste was diminished. I also tried just using the grip (without the tip) but that didn't help much. Maybe it was the type of pen grip/tip I used but I've since gone back to using the original mouthpiece and I'm much happier.

AtomPunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Thornton, CO
I just tried this tonight. Works very well for me, however I found that the pen tip hole is a little too small. I took a drill bit just slight larger than the hole and widened it just a touch. Widening it gives a smoother draw and lets the liquid drop all the through every time. I use a 60/40 mix that's heavier on the VG. This was easy and will keep me going until I can make a nice one out of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread