Direct Hit or Analog Puff?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by TribbleTrouble, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TribbleTrouble

TribbleTrouble Super Member ECF Veteran

:confused: I was just curious how people smoke their e-cigarettes. This was a thread I started on Dustin's forum, but now that the big forum is back up & running, I would like to get a wider array of E-Smokers to share.

I prefer the direct inhale over the standard analog cig puff. It gives a better throat hit. My wife can only do the analog puff, and she doesn't like E-Smoking as much as I do. I think it is the difference in the type of inhale which makes it work for some, and not for others. What does everyone else think? :confused:

2. rejoice

rejoice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

well I am new to e-cigs and have a question. What is the direct hit? CONFUSED!

3. youfillintheblank

youfillintheblank Super Member ECF Veteran

I tried direct inhaling, but I usually choke my *** off after the first hit. I've got a couple home-made mods that run at higher voltages, so I'm fine with the old "analog inhale" I do a primer puff and then pull as much vapour in my mouth as is comfortable and then inhale.

4. TribbleTrouble

I mean directly inhaling the vapor as opposed to filling your mouth with vapor and then inhaling. :)

5. youfillintheblank

youfillintheblank Super Member ECF Veteran

like breathing in through the e-cig. Rough! :p

6. rejoice

Oh that makes me cough !

7. TribbleTrouble

There was a few on Dustin's forum (E-CigReview.com) that said they do the direct inhale with the analogs! Now that is rough! 8-o

8. rejoice

Tribbletrouble,
    You may be on to something. I remember when I first smoked analogs. I cough and choke and hated it, but kept at it and than loved it. Maybe this is the same. Always something to think about!

9. leaford

leaford Supplier Services Provider ECF Veteran

I always direct inhale, and always did with cigarettes, too. I don't even like to do primer puffs, although the LTv9 batteries are getting me used to them.

10. TheEmperorOfIceCream

TheEmperorOfIceCream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Direct hits in public (cos I'm a much more peaceful guy these days). At home or in permitted locations I blow a lot of smoke rings so I mouth the smoke more.

Emp

11. rejoice

I am going to try to get myself past the coughing. I am having a problem with still wanting analogs. Its like the e-cig is missing something. I tryed high nic and still this problem. Right now I am going back and forth with analogs and e-cigs and the analogs are winning. Don't get me wrong I love my e-cig but those darn analogs keep calling!!!!

12. TribbleTrouble

You are better than those stinky analogs! Don't give up. My first day, I struggled with the difference. I began to notice on that first day that my brain missed the the harshness of tobacco smoke. That is why I started direct inhaling. Part of why none of the other smoking cessation products would ever work for me was because I missed that harsh feeling on the back of my throat. When I began direct hitting the e-smoke, that is when it all came into focus, and I haven't looked back since. If only I could convince my stubborn wife!:p

13. Mr.Darcy

Mr.Darcy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

yep...lots of folks love it,lots of folks think its missing something...but im afraid some will power and stopping buying analogues may be required in your case if you really want to go off fags completely rejoice...

but then,im not telling you anything you dont already know,am i...;)

edit-oh yeah,it sometimes depends on what eliquid im using whether i direct hit or mouth...but i get more throat from direct...

14. swanee

swanee Senior Member ECF Veteran

I like the direct hit..

15. Pjrltor

Pjrltor Senior Member ECF Veteran

I tried to do a direct hit but it seems so unnatural to do. Unless I am doing it wrong, but that sure is a powerful hit.

16. freqfly

freqfly Full Member

I personally mouth it everytime, I tried direct hitting a few times and it just seems like I can get more throat hit, vapor, and flavor by mouthing. And I got to admit, at the pubs I tend to show it off quite a bit with the smoking ban so I want as much vapor as I can get!

17. Trumpybloke

Trumpybloke Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm a confirmed mouther !!! little primer puff , then 3-4 longer modulating puffs ....... then a direct hit to the throat with a mouthfull of vapour on the deep inhale :)

18. TribbleTrouble

Actually, the combo technique is pretty cool, too! ;)

19. Trumpybloke

Trumpybloke Super Member ECF Veteran

Ooh I'm a combo-techniquer !!! ( struts proudly on the catwalk ):cool:

20. BadSeed

BadSeed Super Member ECF Veteran

Wow! I've just managed to get the technique of direct inhaling to the lungs down. Man that hits hard! Never done that before. I've always just done into the mouth and then inhale from there.

: technique
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.