Direct Hit or Analog Puff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Well, I can't do the direct to lung inhale easily for some reason :oops: My body just doesn't seem to want to co-operate. I've tried it but didn't really get the hang of it or enjoy doing it.

I inhale vapour into my mouth, savour the taste, open my mouth slightly and take a breath so vapour and air go into my lungs. I find this pretty satisfying, half the pleasure is feeling the vapour in my mouth.

There might be a difference with absorption of nicotine from vapour that could be taken into account too. Like cigars and pipe tobacco which aren't supposed to be inhaled, our vapour has high pH. That suggests there is better absorption through the mucus membrane of the mouth and throat. Cigarette smoke is more acidic which is said to be better for lung absorption.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
Well, I can't do the direct to lung inhale easily for some reason :oops: My body just doesn't seem to want to co-operate

Don't feel bad I can't really do it either, in fact when TT first suggested it I was like

"Is that even possible? You would need to be a freak to suck and inhale at the same time, clearly they are 2 seperate actions"
Right?
WRONG!

Been smoking 20 yrs and still can't blow smoke rings, my tounge just ends up getting tired.

OOOOH the shame I feel as both a smoker and a human being
:cry:

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I have never been able to direct inhale an analog, only the e-cig (and other things :p), but apparently there are a lot of people out there that can. For me, direct inhaling was what helped me latch on to the e-cig on the first day I tried it. I feel like if I had just stuck with the normal analog puff (filling mouth, then inhaling), the e-cig wouldn't have won me over. Thank you so much, Kate, for adding to the thread. I appreciate the wisdom you bring to the subject! :thumb:

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I had to retrain myself to mouth inhale. I had to direct inhale the analog I smoked (Eclipse) would kick your .... and make even an unfiltered smoker go into a coughing fit if you didn't. It was only recently that I could even try to direct inhale an E-cig when I tried to the first time it felt like I was going to collapse my lungs.

DangerMouse

May 29, 2009
UK
I just tried this direct inhaling business with my Evo (with the Low pre-filled carts that I got with it). Much more satisfying than doing it the normal way! I had a bit of a coughing fit the first couple of inhalations, but that nagging craving that I've had for the last few days since starting my switch from marlboro lights to e-cigs went almost instantly - good news for my lower lip, which seemed I seemed to be biting a lot, taking the brunt of my cravings!

I think the slightly niggling lack of satisfaction was coming from the fact that the carts are too low for me, and the vapour not fantastic. I've ordered some Medium Ecopure in Rich flavour - hopefully that'll help and I'll be able to stick with the normal way of inhaling that I've been doing for many years, otherwise I'll have to keep forcing myself to do this direct inhaling thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread