• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
Well, I've read tons of accolades about JC juices here. So during Labor Day sale I finally decided to give it a try. And ... I'm really confused, disappointed, disoriented, etc. I just do not get/feel ANY flavor from JC juice!!!

Here's what I've tried:
JC Domesic Red Oak
JC Silverthorne Red Oak

JC Tennessee Cured Original
JC Original

Of these, only Tenn. Cured has some flavor (and is more or less OK). Silverthorn - all I feel is... salt? That was a big surprise to me! And finally the last 2 juices - Domestic and Original - they are just bland, no flavor at all!

So my question is, obviously, what the hell is wrong?! My possible explanations:

1. juice needs to steep. At the moment of this writing it's like 5-6 days old.

2. JC juice needs better equipment. I currently use Smokeless Image X2 batteries and standard cartomizers of CE3 clearos. Well, X2 battery is basically the same/similar to eGo or JC VEA batteries - so I guess battery is not a problem. Delivery system? Well, unless JC juice is strictly for dripping - I do not see what could be wrong with cartos or CE3s.

3. Dead taste buds? Not a problem at the moment. I can taste and smell juices from other places

4. Too high expectations? JC is mentioned so often here at ECF that you really expect something extraterrestrial. But reality is different. But at the moment my cheapest 14c/ml Dekang tastes and smells better than 64c/ml JC juice.

I'd appreciate any ideas/suggestions on what might be wrong?

Last edited:

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
OK, I have figured out what was wrong. Turns out that all CE3 clearos I used previously were quite old (refilled, cleaned and dry burned many times) and because of this they had wicking problems and muted flavors. Today I've filled a fresh CE3 with JC juice - and voila, flavor is back! Problem solved, case closed, I had a great conversation with... myself :)

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Congrats on fixing your issue. I used to love JC, but have moved on. I can't justify spending what they ask for juice anymore. Too many juice vendors out there making quality stuff at half the price.
I used to love the Domestic .. who has anything near that quality for half the price ?? .. I would be interested to know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread