Disgusting Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
So, my mother being the nice lady she is decided to get me a straight menthol juice out of my love for the Naked 100 Menthol line. I had opened the container to an unpleasant smell but figured it was just the raw menthol. No minty scent just a weird one. I had dripped it onto my Mini Buddha RDA and had a vape and found it was unbearably putrid. The menthol juice is Aer Menthol e-liquid 6mg nicotine. Is there a reason for the taste such as a bad batch or is it just naturally this way?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Maybe it needs some steeping? I got a juice from a good line and tried it and it tasted awful so I put it aside for now. I was just going to dump it as I couldn't imagine anyone liking it, but it gets rave reviews. I check it every couple of days and starting to notice a change in smell so I'm thinking mine needed steeping so maybe yours might too.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Any e-Liquids I got that were disgusting never improved with age and only got worse. Not flavorful ones did improve but in my experience nasty just gets more nasty with maturity.
I got a chemical smell with one of my juices from Dinner Lady, strawberry custard, and after letting it sit for a couple days the chemical smell is gone and the smell of strawberry is starting to really come through.

Reactions: SteveS45

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I decided early on that any juice I buy or make (now), it sits in a dark drawer for 6 weeks. When I was buying juice, I bought juice in groups about every two weeks. I just used separate drawers. I put a dab of tape on the drawer handle to know which drawer was next. It worked...

All 27 of my doctors say that that is okay. :oops:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I got a chemical smell with one of my juices from Dinner Lady, strawberry custard, and after letting it sit for a couple days the chemical smell is gone and the smell of strawberry is starting to really come through.

An alcohol taste can be gotten rid of for sure but I do not consider that nasty more harsh or tart.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
An alcohol taste can be gotten rid of for sure but I do not consider that nasty more harsh or tart.
I don't think it was alcohol. I think it is the flavorings not meshing yet. It was pretty pungent and not harsh or tart tasting at all. Just yucky. The Dinner Lady line has a lot of flavors coming together in their juices.

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
So, my mother being the nice lady she is decided to get me a straight menthol juice out of my love for the Naked 100 Menthol line. I had opened the container to an unpleasant smell but figured it was just the raw menthol. No minty scent just a weird one. I had dripped it onto my Mini Buddha RDA and had a vape and found it was unbearably putrid. The menthol juice is Aer Menthol E-Liquid 6mg nicotine. Is there a reason for the taste such as a bad batch or is it just naturally this way?

1) needs to steep, as everyone else said
2) bad juice - could be poorly mixed, or a crappy brand
3) Bigfoot peed in your juice bottle

It honestly looks to be a crappy gas station brand...I bought some a while back(not aer though), smelled great, but vaped like essence of dog fart.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
I've found Naked 100 is a great brand and so far all of there juices have been great. Sometimes stuff just doesn't take good to one that it does to another.

I was a menthol smoker for 15-20 years but I have yet to find a menthol juice that I can actually vape more than 1ml of. So I consider it being it is what it is.

If you haven't tried Naked 100 other flavors. I highly suggest it. There mixes are great. You can tell they put alot into how they taste

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
So, my mother being the nice lady she is decided to get me a straight menthol juice out of my love for the Naked 100 Menthol line. I had opened the container to an unpleasant smell but figured it was just the raw menthol. No minty scent just a weird one. I had dripped it onto my Mini Buddha RDA and had a vape and found it was unbearably putrid. The menthol juice is Aer Menthol E-Liquid 6mg nicotine. Is there a reason for the taste such as a bad batch or is it just naturally this way?
If it was straight menthol it should have that menthol scent. I don't think steeping would help...if you add a couple drops of menthol to a 10ml bottle of pg/vg you can smell the menthol and taste it right away.

Maybe it wasn't just a straight menthol?

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
I've found Naked 100 is a great brand and so far all of there juices have been great. Sometimes stuff just doesn't take good to one that it does to another.

I was a menthol smoker for 15-20 years but I have yet to find a menthol juice that I can actually vape more than 1ml of. So I consider it being it is what it is.

If you haven't tried Naked 100 other flavors. I highly suggest it. There mixes are great. You can tell they put alot into how they taste
Try the Bazooka Ice line. I like the really heavy menthol where it feels like you're drinking water after chewing mint gum. Green Apple ICE Sour Straws by Bazooka Vape | 60mL & 200mL Edition . They recommended me this at the store and oh my god I feel like I just gave Frosty the Snowman a bj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread