This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Disposable attys for daily use?

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by Leon1972, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Leon1972

Leon1972 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2014
    Hey guys. The more I look around the more I see these types of attys as being best for disposable use. I want to drip for daily use but not rebuild them. Any attys to recommend starting with?

2. DreamWithin

DreamWithin
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    The tried-and-true Joye LR 510 atty is always a good choice, but not the only one, of course.

An atty from any reputable vendor will probably suit you just fine, they're all pretty much the same on the inside, with only slight variations from one maker to anther. Going bridged (standard) or bridgeless (dripping only) is a matter of personal taste. I say just try a few different ones and see what you like best

3. Leon1972

Oct 3, 2014
    I just pop these things on the battery an start dripping right? Or do they require additional pieces?

4. DreamWithin

DreamWithin

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Yep, simple as that :)

You might want a drip tip or two if you don't already have some. You can always use the blank cartridge that comes in most attys as a mouthpiece, but you'd have to take it out each time you need to drip

There is a little learning curve regarding how much to drip and how often, but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Start off with a few drops and let it sit for a second, there should be just a slight gurgle when you pull on it, if you over fill it will seep out the connector end a little. When you first start out, keep a tissue handy until you get a feel for it. That way if you drip too much you'll be able to wipe up the excess before it makes a mess ;-)

5. Leon1972

Oct 3, 2014
    I plan on getting a drip shield

6. DreamWithin

DreamWithin

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Those are a handy little piece of kit ;-) I have a few of them and they were a godsend for me when disposable attys were a regular part of my routine . . . I'm a chronic over-dripper :facepalm: :laugh:

7. susanlinda823
    This message by susanlinda823 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 5, 2015, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Feb 18, 2015
  8. NancyR

NancyR Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    I also suggest a sealed 510 to 510, drip shields (at least any I have see) are for 901's which are a tad longer than the 510's, they work great with the 510 so long as you have an adaptor, also getting a sealed one helps protect you from getting juice in the connection and battery,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.